FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
By LewEngBridewell
He was probably told to behave and let blondie have his way.

I recall reports at the time saying he was pretty isolated in the team.

Villeneuve was certainly a difficult person to get along with. :yes:
By andrew

He was (and still is) and tosser.
By madbrad
The top teams, when they are on or near the top, tend to be 2 separate highly competitive teams. The 2 sides generally have nothing to do with each other. Their engineers and crews think of each other as the competition. The team principal is on one of those teams. He barely considers the other driver one of his drivers. Sure McLaren was a classic example during the Senna and the Hakinnen years, and pretty much all the time, but also Benetton when they had MS and Ferrari from '96 until now, and Williams when they were on top.
By theTruth

He was (and still is) and tosser.

That happens sometimes when you lose your dad at a young age (mad at the world, or at God Almighty, who knows). I love JV; a worthy champion. I was a fan of HHF too, from his Mercedes Group C days (with Schumi, and ... I always forget the third dude, but he was obviously fast as well). HHF was certainly capable of being an F1 champion, I think (but I could be wrong, of course).

Anyway,

Peace! :thumbup::thumbup:
By theTruth
Wendlinger?

Yeah! Without looking it up, I'm sure that's it. I was looking at some old videos a few months ago, and Schumi was fast as hell, even at that young age. Great cars, great vehicle dynamics. Equal to F1 back then, sometimes faster; but today, needs more depth of field. We'll see.

I know this is an F1 board, but I love high-powered sports cars just as much. I guess I've got to find a Forumula1.com for sports car racing. Suggestions anyone? (Non-profanity-laced preferred, as I can imagine some of the responses). :lol:
By Jabberwocky
Just post it in other motorsports. I am sure most of us are motorsport fans and not just F1

See our F1 related articles too!