FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
By madbrad
First, MS steals his girlfriend, then Williams puts gag exploding brake pads on his car, then MS runs him off the road, then he gets Jordan more wins than any other driver, but gets sacked for "poor performance" anyway, goes to Arrows for a pay cut to only half a million pounds, and then they never pay him! He'd still beat half the grid now.
By LewEngBridewell
The last driver (I can think of) who smoked cigarettes openly (and even then, it wasn't all the time).
By madbrad
I did not know that. Tsk tsk Heinz?
By darwin dali
The last driver (I can think of) who smoked cigarettes openly (and even then, it wasn't all the time).

MS has his cigar now and then.
By LewEngBridewell
Jan Magnussen and Mika Salo enjoyed the odd cigarette too, so I'm led to believe.
By andrew
Filthy, disgusting, expensive and pointless habit. I find it bizzarre that someone who is meant to be extremely fit would smoke!
By madbrad
Here there was apoint when the prices went down. They went down because a bunch of the built in sin taxes were taken out to combat smuggling. Lots of US smokes were being snuck over the St. Lawrence under cover of darkness and these could be found for sale at shops in Chinatowns of the big cities for example, at a fraction of normal prices. So we figured if we made the normal prices almost as low as the US smokes, that'd stop the smuggling.
By andrew
I'm waiting for a government who illegalises a habit which costs the tax payers millions per year (it'll sadly never happen). Why the heck should I pay for new lungs for someone who makes a lifestyle choice fully knowing the dangers of that choice? :irked:
By Jabberwocky
where does that end?

It is a lifestyle choice to drive fast, so does that mean a boy racer who crashes should be left to die in his upside down fiesta?
By andrew
I'm more concerned about the person or other motorist they hit and injure/kill.
By Jabberwocky
but we all know the dangers when we get in a car that we might get hit!
By andrew
If I'm in a car crash I have a good chance of survival and escaping with minor injuries (assuming that there was no illegal driving involved). If I take up smoking I have a high chance of developing a myriad of illnesses and diseases. Therein lies the difference I am striving at.

I had an excellent lesson on not smoking at a very early age so I am very anti-smoking.

See our F1 related articles too!