FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
Greetings:

I shot this image of Mario Andretti at the US Grand Prix West in 1981. Can anyone identify the man that Andretti is talking with in this photo? Your help is appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
That looks like Dan Gurney to me. Here's the closest picture I could get, obviously younger, but talking to Carrol Shelby.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hi: Thanks for looking at the picture and the response. No, it isn't Dan Gurney. Gurney was actually at the race and I've met him before and have other pictures with him in them. The guy in this picture was wearing a Penske jacket and Andretti was driving for the Marlboro Alfa Romeo team at the time. Thanks, again, for taking the time to look. If anyone else has any more information on the ID I would be appreciative.
he looks familiar to me so my second guess is Roger Penske himself... the only two American racers that fit the era I know that have those wrinkly eyes. Sorry I'm of no more help.
I think you're right... it's funny how these guys all kind of sorta looked alike especially going back 40 years.

See our F1 related articles too!