Documentary movies

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
LazorRamone

Documentary movies

Postby LazorRamone »

There are plenty of movies about Ayrton Senna, few about Jackie Stewart, I know movies about Nigel Mansell, Emerson Fittipaldi, Stirling Moss and Juan Manuel Fangio exist but I've never seen or heard about any movie dedicated to other F1 legends - Prost, Piquet, Lauda, Peterson or G. Villeneuve, at least in French/German/Portuguese/Swedish. Is it my fault I dont know any of those or these drivers' careers have never been documenterized?

And out of curiosity - which documentary movies you like the most?
McLaren

Re: Documentary movies

Postby McLaren »

Only the very best tend to get a movie/documentry about them happen.With Jackie Stewart and Ayrton Senna they are probably the two drivers in history that have had the biggest effect on formula one,hense the films/docs about the great men.
zurich_allan

Re: Documentary movies

Postby zurich_allan »

There were a whole load with Nigel Mansell around his championship year, I've got a couple of them - one about 'Mansell and Williams' from 1992 and another on his introduction to Indycar in 1993. There have definitely been others about different drivers but I can't think who off the top of my head...
Favourite racing series: F1, Indycar, NASCAR, GP2, F3, Formula E, Trophee Andros, DTM, WTCC, BTCC, World Endurance... etc. etc.