FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
And I'm a Hill fan? My allegiance didn't lie with Hill nor Schumacher. My common sense saw who was in the wrong :rolleyes:

To be honest, I agree with bud here. I feel Schumacher's move was deliberate, and Jerez 1997 confirmed this. Monaco 2006 stamped, sealed and delivered it.

You maybe have a point with Jerez 97 but you don't with Monaco 06. Watch the on-board footage - it's blatently obvious that he went into the corner too fast. The wheel being turned as normal is the big give-away.

only schumacher fan's cry foul over Monaco 06. he is a proven cheater.

I'm not the one crying foul. I've not accused him of anything.

i was referring to his much deserved penalty of being sent back to grid for cheating.
And I'm a Hill fan? My allegiance didn't lie with Hill nor Schumacher. My common sense saw who was in the wrong :rolleyes:

To be honest, I agree with bud here. I feel Schumacher's move was deliberate, and Jerez 1997 confirmed this. Monaco 2006 stamped, sealed and delivered it.

You maybe have a point with Jerez 97 but you don't with Monaco 06. Watch the on-board footage - it's blatently obvious that he went into the corner too fast. The wheel being turned as normal is the big give-away.

I'm not the one crying foul. I've not accused him of anything.

i was referring to his much deserved penalty of being sent back to grid for cheating.

Much deserved, my arse! Haters got to hate I guess.
Geez Andrew you really are a blind Schumacher fan if you think Monaco 06 wasn't deliberate either! Your onboard evidence is stupid as you can clearly see him straighten the car up after turning to head straight towards the barrier.

I'm not convinced. The mistake, to me, looked entirely concocted for his own benefit. IMO, it was another display of foul play. Right from turning into the corner alarmingly early, then correcting it and parking it leisurely in the middle of the narrow circuit. Felipe Massa didn't have any trouble getting going again (if I remember correctly, he initially got caught besides Schumacher's parked car, before reversing and returning to the pits)! But that's just my view anyway. :)

As was Senna. The will to win doesn't much care for moral boundaries...

Can a Schumacher fan respond with something other than a "he did it too" line? You lot always try and pass of Schumachers numerous blatant dirty cheating with a swipe at Senna :yawn:

As was Senna. The will to win doesn't much care for moral boundaries...

Can a Schumacher fan respond with something other than a "he did it too" line? You lot always try and pass of Schumachers numerous blatant dirty cheating with a swipe at Senna :yawn:

:thumbdown:

Not a swipe at Senna. My favourite 2 drivers.

Countless numbers of sportsmen cheat, singling one out against another is stupid. Accept the nature of the game!
JV is just looking for publicity.

I think it's a Benetton '94 fad... http://uk.reuters.com/article/2011/12/14/uk-motor-racing-lehto-idUKTRE7BD13M20111214

I'm not quite sure what that link has to do with the subject at hand but for Jos too bringup an almost 18yr old subject is rather lame imho but hey it is the 'silly season'!!
JV is just looking for publicity.

I think it's a Benetton '94 fad... http://uk.reuters.com/article/2011/12/14/uk-motor-racing-lehto-idUKTRE7BD13M20111214

I'm not quite sure what that link has to do with the subject at hand but for Jos too bringup an almost 18yr old subject is rather lame imho but hey it is the 'silly season'!!

Lehto & Verstappen shared the 2nd driver slot at Benetton in '94. I hadn't heard either name mentioned for ages - one is now trying to avoid media attention, the other appears desperate for it.
I don't understand the logic to resurrecting this issue 18 years after the fact... it's a common fact that Schumacher will use whatever means necessary to win, which some may argue is what makes him great, same goes for Senna, is it right, of course not, but like all law breakers, you're only guilty if you get caught.... (yes I know technically that isn't true but you get my point).

See our F1 related articles too!