FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
I'm torn between a few:
Adelaide.
You could actually see the cars squirming around on the limit up close, just like Monaco. It took balls to string a truly quick lap together there. Watch the YouTube vids of Senna in the turbo Lotus -Renaults, where even with monster slick, the car looks like it's racing on ice.....

The REAL Hockenhiem.
It was just a balls out circuit where you heard F1 cars really sing.... Martin Brundle said it used to scare him. Exactly what circuit is about, a driver's respect.

Ostereichring {spelling???} (The REAL A1 Ring).
It was a truly fast and flowing circuit, with some big balls corners. Today's drivers would froth at the mouth.

Watkins Glen.
Just ask Lewis! It's just looks so flowing, and rewarding to drive, and is penal enough to punish a mistake. Old school at its best.
I'm torn between a few:

Ostereichring {spelling???} (The REAL A1 Ring).
It was a truly fast and flowing circuit, with some big balls corners. Today's drivers would froth at the mouth.

:cloud9:
No we're talking! Perhaps its the knowledge the A1-Ring replaced one of the greatest ever circuits - basically following the same directional path but with all the corners sanitised into tight hairpins and inane squiggly curves - is what really colours it against me.
Ditch Silverstone, Bahrain, Singapore, the new ruined Hockenheim and Valencia and bring back Imola, Red Bull Ring and the old Hockenheim.

The latter may be a little hard to achieve these days.... :wink:
Ditch Silverstone, Bahrain, Singapore, the new ruined Hockenheim and Valencia and bring back Imola, Red Bull Ring and the old Hockenheim.

Nothing is impossible if there is enough cash. Chop down a few trees, bit of demolition work and lay some new tarmac and Bob's your mothers brother. :D

Nothing is impossible if there is enough cash. Chop down a few trees, bit of demolition work and lay some new tarmac and Bob's your mothers brother. :D

But there's still plenty of overtaking on the modern layout, as great as the old version was, I know.... What I mean is, it's hardly a flop.
I'd second Watkins Glen. Plenty of scope for overtaking although it would need some money spent on it to bring it up to spec... :thumbup:

Failing that, how about a return to Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez in Mexico?

See our F1 related articles too!