FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
Dijon - I would love to see this track again. Loved the race with Rene Arnoux (sp?) and Giles Villeneuve in 1978.

Also the original Hockenheimring.
1. Brands Hatch, because it was the world's first bespoke motor racing circuit
2. The Green Hell
3. Monza, with the high banking restored

Laguna Seca has hosted a non-championship F1 race.
Monza, with the high banking restored

After two motorsport deaths in the space of a week, I would hesitate before bringing back something that was dropped for safety reasons....

And anyway, I love Monza just as it is now! Beautiful venue and faaaassst :thumbup:
Monza, with the high banking restored

After two motorsport deaths in the space of a week, I would hesitate before bringing back something that was dropped for safety reasons....

And anyway, I love Monza just as it is now! Beautiful venue and faaaassst :thumbup:

The banking adds no danger ...so long as you do not leave the circuit.

"If you are looking for perfect safety, you will do well to sit on a fence and watch the birds"

-- Wilbur Wright

This. At the time I started following F1 this was a circuit with unique demands on the cars.

Yes, although I feel the old one was more of a test of car than driver. Saying that, the long straights provided some great racing.

Still plenty of overtaking on the new version though!

This. At the time I started following F1 this was a circuit with unique demands on the cars.

Yes, although I feel the old one was more of a test of car than driver. Saying that, the long straights provided some great racing.

Still plenty of overtaking on the new version though!

The new version is like a lame duck and needs to be put down.
A1 Ring fo sho'!

Then Laguna Seca, I always wanted this track to host F1 races after playing GT3 on it...couldn't get enough of the track!
A1 Ring and Dijon have already been mentioned so...
Zandvoort or Estoril, it was like a good circuit de catalunya

If I was in charge, one of the first things I'd do is drop Catalunya. :yes:
A1 Ring and Dijon have already been mentioned so...
Zandvoort or Estoril, it was like a good circuit de catalunya

If I was in charge, one of the first things I'd do is drop Catalunya. :yes:

haha yeah its pretty bad, i think i'd put the Spanish GP in Jerez and replace Valencia with Estoril
A1 Ring fo sho'!

:thumbup:

Arghhh this site is crazy for the A1 ring. Why???

Can any of you fans point me to one classic race that really determines why this circuits is so great?

To me it was always a squirt/brake, squirt/brake, squiggle a bit, squirt/brake/squirt circuit. Whats so good about that?

See our F1 related articles too!