FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
OK folks, I was just partaking in a discussion in another thread when it occurred to me that this is an interesting point of discussion.

If you were to choose JUST ONE former Grand Prix venue to re-take its place on the calendar, which would it be?

I'll get the ball rolling. For me, it would have to be the Red Bull Ring! (Formerly the A1 Ring).

Seeing as Lew has swiped the A1 Ring/Red Bull Ring, I'll go for Imola.

I love that place too. And as we saw recently, it's now fit to host an F1 race again. So is the A1.

Bet they get shoved aside in favour of more poorly-attended Asian races though :thumbdown:
Magny Cours- superb circuit - binned because there wasn't a decent hotel for miles. There was a time when they all stayed in "Motor Homes" i.e. American RV's and the like. DC and JB both did, for example, but perhaps the F1 crowd think themselves above that sort of thing now. When you see the "Communication Centres" that are still sometimes called Motor homes, the mind boggles. All that space but no room for sleeping!
Magny Cours- superb circuit - binned because there wasn't a decent hotel for miles. There was a time when they all stayed in "Motor Homes" i.e. American RV's and the like. DC and JB both did, for example, but perhaps the F1 crowd think themselves above that sort of thing now. When you see the "Communication Centres" that are still sometimes called Motor homes, the mind boggles. All that space but no room for sleeping!

The thing I find with Magny-Cours is... the circuit itself is terrific on paper. Onboard laps were also brilliant to watch with the great corners and undulation changes. But, there were never any real classic races that I can recall.... :confused:
Nordschleife.

:yikes:

Separates the men from the boyz. 8-)

Separates the body parts from the body if it all goes Pete Tong!

Niki Lauda certainly had a scorching time there!

See our F1 related articles too!