FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
Sorry FRAFF but at the time Hill wasn't world champion,he was a rookie :D

Beat me to it!

I that isnt the mark of the greatest driver of all time then i dont know what is

You can't really have a greatest of all time. The car, tracks and rules change virtually each year. You can only have the best in any given year. In terms of all time greats, the best you can have is a few drivers that stand out more than others, of which Prost is one.

Forgot to add he also won titles whilst schumacher was racing.

Yes and we all know that the B192 and B193 were real championship machines. :hehe: It wasn't until the B194 that Benetton had a real shot at the championship, which they won.

Proffessor Prost :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

I made a cloud for each of his titles see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What about Professor Schumacher? :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: That's 7, count it, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 titles. :D

I'm just yanking yer chain. Prost is up there with the collection of greats.
I don't think it was the Alain of old in 1993.After taking the year out he never had that edge anymore.I think he started to fall out of love with F1 before that.
Don't get me wrong I'm not slating him,I think before that year off he would of won more races in 93 than he did.He had a plan of racing for one year only and I think it showed.
It's not easy going back to top class sport after a break,so i suppose it should be a positive thing he won, even if he did hand pick his teammate,still takes some doing.
Most of that probably came from Williams though.The way they used to treat drivers wasn't great.Mansell and Hill for a start.
The stuff youve replied andrew you could say for any driver, in any circumstance,

Vettel only won in 2010 and lets be fair 2011 because he had a rocket ship, nobody else did

He also had a mediocre teammate, can win on his day, but very average generally.

Hamilton only won in 2008 cause he had Kovi

Schumacher only won all 7 titles with cars either dominant or illegal.

What you say isnt a problem until you start saying it in the "Support" thread to dismiss certain things Prost has achieved, im sure as hell you wouldnt like me pissing on a Vettel Support thread with the numerous things i could say to water down his achievements, please dont do it in mine.

Im sure you dont do it intentionally cause i like to see things i dont agree with and provide the devils advocate or argument and facts nobodies considering, but please dont do it here!
The way they used to treat drivers wasn't great.Mansell and Hill for a start.

I always thought of it as tough love. Frank Williams almost daring his drivers to prove him wrong by annoying them.
What you say isnt a problem until you start saying it in the "Support" thread to dismiss certain things Prost has achieved, im sure as hell you wouldnt like me pissing on a Vettel Support thread with the numerous things i could say to water down his achievements, please dont do it in mine.

I'm not dismissing anything Prost has achieved. But it is a fact that there is no real greatest of all time for the reasons I stated. It's about accuracy, not slating Prost. As with Prost beating Schumacher, true he finished ahead in 93, but Benetton were not a realistic contendor for the championship were they? It's like saying Vettel beat Schumacher last year and this, which is true he finished ahead, but Schumacher was not realisticly in with a shout of the championship so it is irrelevant to say that in the context that you have said Prost beat Schumacher. In 1993, Prost beat Schumacher in the same way he beat Hakkinen. Go back to 1980, Alain Prost's first season in a total dog of a McLaren. Would you say that Alan Jones beat Prost that year, even though they were not competing in the same league?

Im sure you dont do it intentionally cause i like to see things i dont agree with and provide the devils advocate or argument and facts nobodies considering, but please dont do it here!

If you don't like to see things you disagree with then why open a thread that is bound to create some debate? Naming any driver as the greatest of all time (there is no such thing) is always going to cause a fair bit of discussion and disagreement! If I see something I don't agree with I'll say I don't agree with it and why, much the same as everyone else here.

I could open a thread saying that Schumacher is the greatest of all time and then see a lot of disagreeing, similarly someone else could do the same with Senna and there would be some disagreement or someone could open a thread saying Lauda is the greatest (wait, better not go there - he's persona non grata on here) or we could have a thread saying that Clarck is the greatest and there would be some disagreement etc etc. You see what I'm getting at here?
Thought you might be a bit more " Oh alright mate no problem sorry for ruining it"

But it turns out i was completely wrong in my judgment of your character, argumentative for the sake of it.

If it gets you through your day like taking a hit of heroin is to a junkie then by all means, dont want you to send you to bed tonight quivering cause you didnt start at least one argument per day.

You can have the last word too cause im not replyin to such crap anymore, your online short man syndrome controls you and i understand that.
:banghead:

I'll only reply as it seems you need my comments explained even further.

I'm not in disagreement with you about Prost and nothing is ruined! There is no argument about his greatness, just that you cannot have a greatest driver of all time. If this is offensive to you then so be it.

Your turn.
Mexico '90 is a great race. I'll never get bored of that move Mansell pulled!
Careful now, it start with part of a Niki Lauda interview. :hehe:

:wink::hehe:

See our F1 related articles too!