FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
Cant believe the greatest driver to grace F1 hasnt got his own thread on here, truly sickening that is.

[youtube]zDtNS65S6S0[/youtube]
Last edited by FRAFPDD on 23 Aug 11, 14:44, edited 1 time in total.
Wouldn't be a Prost thread without the appearance of this guy

Of course not, the man that got Prost his 3rd title, THANK YOU BALLESTRE!!!!!!!!!!1 :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:
Personally I wouldn't class Prost as the greatest driver in F1 history, though I do think elements of his driving are often overlooked because of his excellent racecraft and strategic management. For this reason I think his out and out speed is often forgotten.

The reality is that Prost was a very very fast racer. Not the fastest on out and out pace, but faster than 90%+ of all the other racers. I do think he was the best strategist of his generation bar none.

Still love watching him in the Trophee Andros every winter! How he is still faster than everyone else out there in his mid-50's (with the exception of Dayraut) is beyond me. :)
Personally I wouldn't class Prost as the greatest driver in F1 history, though I do think elements of his driving are often overlooked because of his excellent racecraft and strategic management. For this reason I think his out and out speed is often forgotten.

The reality is that Prost was a very very fast racer. Not the fastest on out and out pace, but faster than 90%+ of all the other racers. I do think he was the best strategist of his generation bar none.

Still love watching him in the Trophee Andros every winter! How he is still faster than everyone else out there in his mid-50's (with the exception of Dayraut) is beyond me. :)

Indeed, only thing i disagree is the greatest driver in F1 history, but then im going to say that. Prost is my favourite, from all ive read seen and heard he just does it for me (and although he only won one wdc whilst i was living ive seen a lot, enough is a better word for it)

How comes you dont have Senna down in your signature?
The professor was one of the greats of F1 that's for sure.It's down to personal opinion who is the best ever,for me I prefer just to judge on a generation.

Has to be the best ever tactician I've seen in thirty odd years of watching F1.He just seemed to plod along and things fell onto his lap,clearly that wasn't the case but his style made it look that way.He had the ability to look slow even when going fast,such was his talent.

I'm delighted to be able to say I've seen him race live on five occasions in F1,sadly for me he won three of those :hehe:

A true great of the sport,his relationship with his fellow frenchman Briatore was closer than it should be considering his position.But thats history there isn't a driver alive or dead you wouldn't put a negative against.

To be at the top of a sport as long as he was takes genius,end of

See our F1 related articles too!