FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
By Selcouth_Feline
I went to a fantastic car meet yesterday - the Porsche and Leading Marques meet - at an old WW1 aerodrome near where I live. Secreted away in one of their barns were a couple of old F1 cars.

IMG_0251.jpg

An Alfa Romen 183T V8 1500cc Twin Turbo driven be Andrea de Cesaris in the 1983 championship, where he scored 15 points and came 8th overall. The engine in this car has been rebuilt recently so the car still runs.

IMG_0254.jpg

Lola THL-2 Chassis no 86-001 with a Ford Cosworth V6 twin turbo 1.5l engine with claims that it pushed 1,000 bhp. Raced in the '86 season by Alan Jones, Patrick Tomboy and Eddie Cheever.

IMG_0256.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

IMG_0263.jpg

One of Senna's first F1 cars. I have a video of the car being started up and I'll post it up later :) This car's also for sale if anyone has a spare £675k burning a hole in their back pocket ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By texasmr2
Oh my oh my!!!! I'm kinda speachless and jealous (in a good way) you got too see these classic's and good for you I'm glad you got too see them. Those pic's bring back so many fond memories of days gone past but never forgotten.

Thanks for sharing :):cloud9: .
By What's Burning?
That reminds me, I had some pictures of the F1 classics support race in Canada.

By texasmr2
I'm voting this thread as the best so far of 2011. :clap:
By The_Stig_Money
:cloud9:

The old lotus's are my favorite
By phonedog
The car that Jackie Stewart driven. Not sure what the car is called...it's something like MS80?

See our F1 related articles too!