FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
Ever heard of Fullerton? He's the guy. He's the one Ayrton never beat. It was in karting. They were team mates and they were the ones to beat.Senna 17, Fullerton25, so Fullerton had the experience. Fullerton never went into car racing, his choice. His brother had died motorbyke racing. He currently trains drivers and has trained Davison, McNish,Di resta. So we'll never know what he could have done;but the one trophy Ayrton didnt get yet coveted resides with Fullerton, and thats the world karting championship. So this is the guy Ayrton most admired and never beat, he says of him, " he was fast, he was consistent, he was for me a very complete driver, and it was pure driving, pure racing"
And Fullerton says of Ayrton " Senna was the kind of driver that comes along once in a lifetime. I've raced against Nigel mansell and Alain Prost and he was head and shoulders above them. Right from the word go, it was imprinted on my mind that he was very special."

this is in the new film. cant wait to see it.
Ever heard of Fullerton? He's the guy. He's the one Ayrton never beat. It was in karting. They were team mates and they were the ones to beat.Senna 17, Fullerton25, so Fullerton had the experience. Fullerton never went into car racing, his choice. His brother had died motorbyke racing. He currently trains drivers and has trained Davison, McNish,Di resta. So we'll never know what he could have done;but the one trophy Ayrton didnt get yet coveted resides with Fullerton, and thats the world karting championship. So this is the guy Ayrton most admired and never beat, he says of him, " he was fast, he was consistent, he was for me a very complete driver, and it was pure driving, pure racing"
And Fullerton says of Ayrton " Senna was the kind of driver that comes along once in a lifetime. I've raced against Nigel mansell and Alain Prost and he was head and shoulders above them. Right from the word go, it was imprinted on my mind that he was very special."

this is in the new film. cant wait to see it.

I did post elsewhere a little while ago that if you want a copy of the new movie to PM me :-)
He wasnt interested in F1 when Prost left, natural enemy, he really was fearful of Prost whether on track or off.
Thing is, did Senna really FEAR Fullerton.

From what I can gather he just used to love racing him, as it was "pure racing".

No fear, enjoyment of racing.
Thing is, did Senna really FEAR Fullerton.

From what I can gather he just used to love racing him, as it was "pure racing".

No fear, enjoyment of racing.

Also I got the feeling when watching that in the film that Ayrton was really reflecting on a moment of strongly held nostalgia from his youth. Rather than a belief that this guy actually had the better of him.
I've not watched the film and have no intention of but from what I have read, Senna claimed to feel the most satisfaction racing Fullerton. Big difference from fearing.

Thanks for restating what I said.

Why no intention of watching the film?
Why no intention of watching the film?

I'm not a Senna fan and don't hold him in the high regard that some people do so to sit through a 2 hour biopic would not be beneficial.

You don't need to be a Senna fan to watch it.
Critics said even non-F! fans could watch it and it be good.
I went to the film thinking is Senna really as everyone makes him out to be. The film doesn't try to change opinion.

Watch it. Its a good film about F1 generally.

See our F1 related articles too!