FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
By killem2
I am sure this is old news to the vets but shocking to me..

So i was watching older top gear and the episode with damon hill, and Clarkson is disgusted at the 2005 grand prix and at the time I didn't think anything of it. I went to search that gp and what in the hell...

How in the hell did F1 even managed to get back to the states after that. >_<
Michelin never knew the surface on the banking had been changed and there were a couple of failures during practice. I think Bernie suggested putting a chicane on the banking, someone else suggested everyone run on bridgestones. Some of the michelin teams or drivers wanted to have their cars running in the race but taking it easy on the banking and not racing for championship points for the sake of the spectators. But in the end, well, you see what happened.
Cans and plastic bottles were thrown onto the track during the 'race'.

A couple of years before that in 2002 though, this happened, which also didn't go down too well:

[youtube]OJT3KvNx2tU[/youtube]
Ooooo my goodness gracious please don't bring to mind that AWFUL weekend in 2005. I am rarely disappointed by Formula One, but that was a huge exception :(:nono:
Michelin never knew the surface on the banking had been changed and there were a couple of failures during practice. I think Bernie suggested putting a chicane on the banking, someone else suggested everyone run on bridgestones. Some of the michelin teams or drivers wanted to have their cars running in the race but taking it easy on the banking and not racing for championship points for the sake of the spectators. But in the end, well, you see what happened.

A couple of years before that in 2002 though, this happened, which also didn't go down too well:

HAHAHAHA I remember this...what a WTF moment..and Rubens was celebrating like he made some heroic overtaking manouvre to take the win......a scene as only Ferrari can do it. Ah good times.. :rofl:

HAHAHAHA I remember this...what a WTF moment..and Rubens was celebrating like he made some heroic overtaking manouvre to take the win......a scene as only Ferrari can do it. Ah good times.. :rofl:

Dark days. :( Ferrari pulled off some complete :bs: moves that year. I'm glad those days are long gone. :wavey:
By andrew

Dark days. :( Ferrari pulled off some complete :bs: moves that year. I'm glad those days are long gone. :wavey:

Ferrari already embarrassed their drivers in Austria in 2002 - just watch the podium ceremony with Schumacher trying to get Barrichello to take the top step. This was meant to be Schumacher trying to create a dead heat.
Indy 2005 was one of F1's darkest days, so I thought, but then came spygate, crashgate, the FOTA V FIA war... :rolleyes:

I had forgotten about Indy 2002; watching that clip made me smile :D

See our F1 related articles too!