Questions to Improve Forumula1.com

Make this site better with your ideas and suggestions.
Jabberwocky
Mod
Favourite Driver: 5 Iron
Favourite Team: Williams

Re: Questions to Improve Forumula1.com

Post by Jabberwocky »

I am not sure how this current convosation is going to improve the forum. So STAY ON TOPIC
A racing car that does not win, is just art
racechick
Missing Mod
Favourite Driver: Lewis Hamilton
Favourite Team: Mercedes AMG Petronas

Post by racechick »

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and to express their opinion. It helps if the opinion is based on facts but we can't all get everything right all the time. We all make errors. And this is a forum where opinions will be challenged and discussed, it isn't a fan site. Tolerating opposing views and ideas is a two way process, and some people find it more difficult than others to afford others that tolerance. Perhaps we should all try a little harder over the Christmas season .
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Abe Lincoln

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abe Lincoln
sagi58
Favourite Driver: He Who Drives for Ferrari!!
Favourite Team: Scuderia Ferrari

Post by sagi58 »

Tolerance is not the same as acceptance. The former is negative in that you "put up with";
whereas, the latter is positive because of mutual respect for differences.
ImageAfter the agony of defeat, success will be sweet!
What's Burning?
Banned
Favourite Driver: Lewis Hamilton, Nico Hulkenberg
Favourite Team: Porsche North America, Porsche LMP1

Post by What's Burning? »

I thought the discussion I was having the Lew was very much on topic, about the cause and effects until Sagi came with very accusatory and rhetoric that she feels entitled to spread simply because it's her opinion.

Perhaps we need a broader discussion on the subject, I believe that the insanity cannot be allowed to go on unmedicated or unmoderated. Frankly I'm tired of trudging through the cow piles to get the the nuggets of wisdom.

We bear no obligation to entertain what is factually WRONG just so we don't hurt tender feelings, eh?
"I don't want to be part of a forum where everyone has differing opinions." Boom...
racechick
Missing Mod

Post by racechick »

sagi58 wrote:Tolerance is not the same as acceptance. The former is negative in that you "put up with";
whereas, the latter is positive because of mutual respect for differences.

Respect has to be earned. You cannot make people respect others. There will be members on this forum who you do not respect. I imagine it's the case for all of of us. However we can show tolerance to differing views and that is what we ask of members.
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Abe Lincoln

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abe Lincoln
sagi58

Post by sagi58 »

Duly noted.
zurich_allan

Post by zurich_allan »

My own view on this matter - live and let live. The reason that ALL of these threads that get out of control and off topic follow the pattern is not because of misinformation or incorrect interpretation, it's because a number of people feel the need to go for the throat and not let go until that thread 'Dies' i.e. gets locked.

So what is someone posts something out that is factually wrong? Point out the correction (as far as you are concerned) then move on. Not every post needs to contain 100% accuracy 100% of the time. I just don't understand why people feel the need to get drawn into these tit for tat arguments with both refusing to admit defeat.

Self moderate, use self restraint, walk away, in the long rum your stress levels will thank you for it and the forum will be a happier place for all concerned.

That's my take on it anyway - feel free to disregard - I don't ever take offence to anything I read on t'internet... :)
Favourite racing series: F1, Indycar, NASCAR, GP2, F3, Formula E, Trophee Andros, DTM, WTCC, BTCC, World Endurance... etc. etc.
racechick
Missing Mod

Post by racechick »

The voice of reason again Zurich. :thumbup: I've lost count of the times I've said ' there's room for everyone on this forum' But boy does tedium sometimes set in! :hehe:
Abe Lincoln

What's Burning?
Banned

If it was that simple there wouldn't be a problem. Additionally I find if someone is ignorant enough to not be able determine where they're so factually wrong, they also are subsequently compelled to vehemently defend their position because it's the person posting the facts that's got to be wrong, otherwise their own faulty belief system comes into question.

Might as well ask your garden variety religious zealot why they feel the need to proselytize their religious views.
Last edited by What's Burning? on 07 Dec 14, 16:47, edited 2 times in total.
"I don't want to be part of a forum where everyone has differing opinions." Boom...
sagi58

Post by sagi58 »

zurich_allan wrote:My own view on this matter - live and let live...

:clap:
darwin dali
Forum Queen

Post by darwin dali »

What's Burning? wrote:
sagi58 wrote:True. However, if some of the "mudslingers" were "moderated",
you'd have less "self-imposed" exodus of members.

That would go double should people that profess ignorance or fallacy to be an "opinion" were moderated. I'm sure the majority of people that have left have done so for the preponderance of ignorant eau de manure taint from members who feel that you don't need to be accurate, just very very very repetitive.

Bue? Really?
Image Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point. Image
What's Burning?
Banned

Cartman does mumble a lot. :hehe:
Hammer278
Banned
Favourite Driver: The best in Formula 1.
Favourite Team: BMW DTM

Post by Hammer278 »

Isn't that how Canadians pronounce 'blue' anyway. :hehe:
Breaking News: Lewis Hamilton has officially overtaken The Fonz in race wins. With 88 races less. Lol (Without a specially built blown diffuser, illegal front wing, preferential treatment)
sagi58

Post by sagi58 »

Hammer278 wrote:Isn't that how Canadians pronounce 'blue' anyway. :hehe:

ha... ha... not...

As a point of interest, how many Canadians do you actually know? :P
LRW
Banned
Favourite Driver: H.A.M
Favourite Team: AMG P-Dog

Post by LRW »

I know two.

Terrance and Phillip.

How many do you know?