EwmanM

Make this site better with your ideas and suggestions.
Juliet P

Re: EwmanM

Post by Juliet P »

texasmr2 wrote:
vaptin wrote:right search party, any volunteers?

I chance a guess that our dearly beloved EwmanM is just taking a break and I agree I hope he return's. :)

Is this sarcastic? You know what, I don't even want to know.
Last edited by Juliet P on 15 Nov 09, 08:17, edited 1 time in total.
I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions... (Augusten Burroughs)
myownalias
Mod
Favourite Driver: Jenson Button
Favourite Team: Williams

Post by myownalias »

As I said in the "Talk to Tony" thread - It's an Internet forum, why is everyone getting so uptight? I don't understand all the furore about some words posted on the Internet!
There's a whole world out there, there really is more to life than Forumula1.com... This really doesn't make potential new members want to join reading all this :bs: :banghead:
myownaliasThe Englishman in KansasTwitter: @myownalias
Juliet P

Post by Juliet P »

myownalias wrote:As I said in the "Talk to Tony" thread - It's an Internet forum, why is everyone getting so uptight? I don't understand all the furore about some words posted on the Internet!
There's a whole world out there, there really is more to life than Forumula1.com... This really doesn't make potential new members want to join reading all this :bs: :banghead:

I'm not sure why brand new members would read a thread about someone they don't know! :D

But, you can't disregard the fact that feelings are pretty high. Yes, they are words posted on the internet, but they're words about people and therefore have as much capacity to hurt as words delivered face-to-face.
I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions... (Augusten Burroughs)
racechick
Missing Mod
Favourite Driver: Lewis Hamilton
Favourite Team: Mercedes AMG Petronas

Post by racechick »

Feelings are running high and the forum hasnt been the nicest place of late which is a shame, because this is a very good forum and ive met lots of friends through it, Ewan being one of them. Lets stop bickering and think who this thread is about its about Ewan . So lets tell him how valued he is, how much we appreciate his contributions and how we realy really want him to stay around.
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Abe Lincoln

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abe Lincoln
texasmr2
Favourite Team: Ferrari

Post by texasmr2 »

Juliet P wrote:
texasmr2 wrote:

I chance a guess that our dearly beloved EwmanM is just taking a break and I agree I hope he return's. :)

No I'm being quite honest :) .
"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination".
Mark Twain
myownalias
Mod

Post by myownalias »

Juliet P wrote:
myownalias wrote:As I said in the "Talk to Tony" thread - It's an Internet forum, why is everyone getting so uptight? I don't understand all the furore about some words posted on the Internet!

But, you can't disregard the fact that feelings are pretty high. Yes, they are words posted on the internet, but they're words about people and therefore have as much capacity to hurt as words delivered face-to-face.

That's only if you let them hurt your feelings, I take everything that is said to me on the Internet with a pinch of salt. When I joined this forum it was very easy going and seemed fun, no real sniping at each other, Ewan I liked from the outset with his witty and informed comments, some others I didn't like so much but have grown to respect their opinions over time. The recent going-ons have been frustrating to read and it has put me off posting as much as I used to; and to be honest if I was lurking still I would think twice about joining the forum. There's enough political BS in Formula 1; let's not add to it on Forumula1.com.
Rivelution
Favourite Driver: Kimi Raikkonen, Joe Tanto

Post by Rivelution »

Man this forum turned into a woman's bathroom overnight.
Juliet P

Post by Juliet P »

texasmr2 wrote:
Juliet P wrote:
texasmr2 wrote:

Maybe it's lost in translation, then. I've never heard the phrase 'dearly beloved' used before without serious piss-taking being involved.
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Juliet P wrote:
texasmr2 wrote:
Juliet P wrote:
texasmr2 wrote:

Maybe it's lost in translation, then. I've never heard the phrase 'dearly beloved' used before without serious piss-taking being involved.

Or during wedding ceremonies. :wink:

"Dearly Beloved, we are gathered here today, in the sight of God..."

racechick wrote:
Rivelution wrote:
darwin_dali wrote:
bud wrote:I hope he is, he adds a great deal to the forum with his knowledge and writing abilities, also with the podcast that opens up a new dimension to the website.

:yes: :yes:

I third that.

I fourth it!

I fifth that! Maybe we should just make it the thread title.

Ewan, you're probably one of the most universally liked guys on the forum, it would be a travesty if you vanished for good. :(
"In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane."
~ Oscar Wilde
7UpJordan

Post by 7UpJordan »

I sixth it. (Or Sicth it if you're James Allen).
"And Mansell was lucky not to be taken off by that RIDICULOUS bit of driving by Alliot!!" - James Hunt
"AAAAAND into the pitlane..... OHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!" - Murray Walker
RA Dunk

Post by RA Dunk »

So where is Ewan then, He dosent normally dissapear for this long is not comming back at all then?
"Nice accent, where u from ?" Austria ! "well in that case, g'day mate, throw another shrimp on the barbie!"
scotty
Favourite Driver: My GCSE Chemistry Teacher John Driver

Post by scotty »

He doesn't have the internet at his place right now, but from speaking to him i don't think we'll see him round too soon really. I hope he changes his mind, this is a bit crazy. :(
Rising number one of Formula 1, Juan - Juan, one wonders should Juan only win one Formula 1 one year, would Juan have won that one in round one, Juan??
Gaz
Banned

Post by Gaz »

scotty wrote:He doesn't have the internet at his place right now, but from speaking to him i don't think we'll see him round too soon really. I hope he changes his mind, this is a bit crazy. :(

I think he's just abit cheesed off at the moment.
RA Dunk

Post by RA Dunk »

scotty wrote:He doesn't have the internet at his place right now, but from speaking to him i don't think we'll see him round too soon really. I hope he changes his mind, this is a bit crazy. :(

Be a huge loss to the site if he decided not to return :(
"Nice accent, where u from ?" Austria ! "well in that case, g'day mate, throw another shrimp on the barbie!"
myownalias
Mod

Post by myownalias »

Ewan will be missed massively if he does decide to hang up his moniker on Forumula1.com permanently. I am confident that he will be back once his window to the World (e.g. The Internet) is open again. I will most definitely miss his input into the site, his articles on the front page and his forum posts managing to get his point across with great knowledge and humour.