EwmanM

Make this site better with your ideas and suggestions.
Juliet P

EwmanM

Post by Juliet P »

Have I missed something? How come Ewan no longer appears as a mod?

Has he also stopped working for the news side of the site?

I'm confused... :confused:

Juliet
I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions... (Augusten Burroughs)
texasmr2
Favourite Team: Ferrari

Re: EwmanM

Post by texasmr2 »

Juliet P wrote:Have I missed something? How come Ewan no longer appears as a mod?

Has he also stopped working for the news side of the site?

I'm confused... :confused:

Juliet

He is still a mod and the handle still appears, atleast for me it does.
"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination".
Mark Twain
Jabberwocky
Mod
Favourite Driver: 5 Iron
Favourite Team: Williams

Post by Jabberwocky »

hmm his rank says he is a mod but the colour of his name says not. strange

memberlist.php?mode=&sk=m&sd=d
A racing car that does not win, is just art
myownalias
Mod
Favourite Driver: Jenson Button

Post by myownalias »

Rank is different from power level (mod, admin etc) if I remember correctly in phpBB; I know he is friends with McLaren Fan so maybe its something to do with that?

You'll also notice that he is no longer part of the "Global Moderators" group like the users listed in GREEN!

But I do hope that Ewan hasn't left the forum as I find his articles and comments very interesting.
myownaliasThe Englishman in KansasTwitter: @myownalias
bud
Shrub
Favourite Driver: Ayrton Senna, Lewis Hamilton
Favourite Team: McLaren

Post by bud »

Strange :eek:
Gaz
Banned

Post by Gaz »

Ewan got demoted as a mod

Its to do with this Mclaren - Tex Thing He was just trying to keep Chris (Mclaren Fan) informed of what was going on and not trying to stir up trouble.

I was talking to him on the phone a few hours ago but i heard what sounded like a gunshot and the line went dead. :eek:

So perhaps someone from the CIA...sorry Forum has shot him.

So Ewan is probably dead which is a shame because he was a really nice guy and now i have to find a new host for the podcast.

No doubt there's some wet-work going on to finish me off so its been nice knowing you guys.
Last edited by Gaz on 14 Nov 09, 13:00, edited 4 times in total.
myownalias
Mod
Favourite Driver: Jenson Button

Post by myownalias »

Gaz wrote:I was talking to him on the phone a few hours ago but i heard what sounded like a gunshot and the line went dead. :eek:

So perhaps someone from the CIA...sorry Forum has shot him.

...Or maybe he just dropped the phone... and it smashed into a million pieces?

But it's sad to lose a good member and moderator because of something silly like this; but I guess rules are rules; the moderators forum is invisible for a reason!
myownaliasThe Englishman in KansasTwitter: @myownalias
RA Dunk

Post by RA Dunk »

f,ing hell this is a bit extreme isnt it :eek:
"Nice accent, where u from ?" Austria ! "well in that case, g'day mate, throw another shrimp on the barbie!"
texasmr2

Post by texasmr2 »

Gaz wrote:Ewan got demoted as a mod for reading out a post made by Race chick in the "moderator forum" basicly the forum is like the CIA so if you read out the secret info's then you get kicked out then later shot probably.

Here is the straight poop concerning what mod's cannot do. We, yes I'm still modding just not in an "official" capacity yet :wink: , cannot share PM's with anyone and that mean's with other mod's aswell. If Ewan was keeping an ex-patriot of the forum informed about the going on's of a forum the ex-patriot left by choice it is still a breach of the rules. I have no doubt in my mind that the situation was instigated by said ex-forum patriot.

Am I happy about it, no, but rules are rules and a breach of them may lead to a conclusion that will most likely be taken out of context. I'm sure Ewan will return as an "official mod" as he was hopefully just given a sabbatical as I was. :)

RA Dunk wrote:f,ing hell this is a bit extreme isnt it :eek:

Rules are rules mate and they can be broken without realizing it so no it is not extreme. Some of the members of this forum get away with thing's that will get them sent to the "sin bin" or permanently banned on other forums so we think that the members should consider themselves lucky, as I do myself :D !
As the forum grows the rules will most likely get more strict, as they should imo, so in reality this forum is still an "unfenced playground" so enjoy it.
Mark Twain
RA Dunk

Post by RA Dunk »

texasmr2 wrote: so in reality this forum is still an "unfenced playground" so enjoy it.

Which is why i picked this forum as the only F1 forum i use, had a look at some of the other's but didnt like what i seen so that's how you lot got lumbered with me :hehe:
"Nice accent, where u from ?" Austria ! "well in that case, g'day mate, throw another shrimp on the barbie!"
Gaz
Banned

Post by Gaz »

texasmr2 wrote:
Gaz wrote:Ewan got demoted as a mod for reading out a post made by Race chick in the "moderator forum" basicly the forum is like the CIA so if you read out the secret info's then you get kicked out then later shot probably.

Here is the straight poop concerning what mod's cannot do. We, yes I'm still modding just not in an "official" capacity yet :wink: , cannot share PM's with anyone and that mean's with other mod's aswell. If Ewan was keeping an ex-patriot of the forum informed about the going on's of a forum the ex-patriot left by choice it is still a breach of the rules. I have no doubt in my mind that the situation was instigated by said ex-forum patriot.

I don't think we need you back Tex, i'm sure alot of people will agree with me here that your particular brand of IronFist™ moderating isn't what people want or need and it caused Mclaren Fan to leave and the forum to go dead for over a week.

Also as a result of all this one of the fourms best Mods (Ewan) has now been removed from his position.

texasmr2 wrote:Am I happy about it, no, but rules are rules and a breach of them may lead to a conclusion that will most likely be taken out of context. I'm sure Ewan will return as an "official mod" as he was hopefully just given a sabbatical as I was. :)

Hopfully your sabbatical will stay on a little longer tho and the admins won't make a hasty decision that could result in more people leaving. :wink:

texasmr2 wrote:

Rules are rules mate and they can be broken without realizing it so no it is not extreme. Some of the members of this forum get away with thing's that will get them sent to the "sin bin" or permanently banned on other forums so we think that the members should consider themselves lucky, as I do myself :D !
As the forum grows the rules will most likely get more strict, as they should imo, so in reality this forum is still an "unfenced playground" so enjoy it.

There we go fokes a taster of IronFist™ right there i bet your Pm'ing DD and Stephen right now "bring me back i'll show these little punks"
texasmr2

Post by texasmr2 »

RA Dunk wrote:
texasmr2 wrote: so in reality this forum is still an "unfenced playground" so enjoy it.

Which is why i picked this forum as the only F1 forum i use, had a look at some of the other's but didnt like what i seen so that's how you lot got lumbered with me :hehe:

:thumbup:
Mark Twain
texasmr2

Post by texasmr2 »

Gaz wrote:
texasmr2 wrote:

I don't think we need you back Tex, i'm sure alot of people will agree with me here that your particular brand of IronFist™ moderating isn't what people want or need and it caused Mclaren Fan to leave and the forum to go dead for over a week.

Also as a result of all this one of the fourms best Mods (Ewan) has now been removed from his position.

texasmr2 wrote:Am I happy about it, no, but rules are rules and a breach of them may lead to a conclusion that will most likely be taken out of context. I'm sure Ewan will return as an "official mod" as he was hopefully just given a sabbatical as I was. :)

Hopfully your sabbatical will stay on a little longer tho and the admins won't make a hasty decision that could result in more people leaving. :wink:

texasmr2 wrote:

There we go fokes a taster of IronFist™ right there i bet your Pm'ing DD and Stephen right now "bring me back i'll show these little punks"

Sorry you feel that way mate but nothing could be further from the truth. :)

tex
Mark Twain
bud
Shrub
Favourite Driver: Ayrton Senna, Lewis Hamilton
Favourite Team: McLaren

Post by bud »

Forumula1.com the movie out in May 2010

Tex why the sabbitcal talk? Isn't being Just a member good enough?
texasmr2

Post by texasmr2 »

bud wrote:Forumula1.com the movie out in May 2010.

Should be epic no doubt :hehe: :thumbup: .

bud wrote:Tex why the sabbitcal talk? Isn't being Just a member good enough?

I have always been "just a forum member" but this thread is about EwmanM and not about me so I will leave it at that :) .
Mark Twain