Hugh & Chris

Make this site better with your ideas and suggestions.
What's Burning?
Banned
Favourite Driver: Lewis Hamilton, Nico Hulkenberg
Favourite Team: Porsche North America, Porsche LMP1

Re: Hugh & Chris

Post by What's Burning? »

You know, I think I'm okay with not having our members posting stuff on the main page. I can only imagine the stuff that would get submitted. Not you Lew, I believe your writeup would be very balanced and come from the perspective on a fan of the sport.

Anyway, now that we know the Hugh reads our comments... can you at least tone it down on the Lewis subversiveness? You'd be taken a lot more seriously if you hadn't posted some of the "gems" in the past. Anyway, now he's a national treasure, it's going to be much more difficult to get the crowd to go along with the nod nod, wink wink comments.
"I don't want to be part of a forum where everyone has differing opinions." Boom...
CookinFlat6
Banned
Favourite Driver: Hamiltonian
Favourite Team: HDL

Post by CookinFlat6 »

Also Hugh, you may want to wise up to the fact that nothing screams 'superficial and non genuine interest in F1' louder than editorial that claims Nico has better tyre management than Lewis at the same time as claiming Seb making the switch to Ferrari ""from the recognition that it was time to go, to the timing of the announcement and the management of his leaving, has the hallmarks of the old, devastatingly dedicated Vettel.""

Some of your readers might be aware that he already had an option with Ferrari and his timing was more to do with the exact date his get out clause was triggered at RBR, which was not a day too late for Seb after the humiliation he endured from the Joker who hadnt read the Batman script too closely and forgot Robins lines, and ofcourse the management of Sebs leaving was trumped silly by RBR announcing he was off to Ferrari and had been replaced by Kyviat. This ofcourse left Seb facing further 'un 4xWDC' type interest from the press.

And ofcourse the fact that he had to be told by the media that his new boss was now his ex boss on the day he turned up at the donkey asylum didnt really paint the picture of devastation now, did it Hugh?

Its always best to cover all the factual bases when waxing lyrical about complex sports under the guise of objective reports

If you want you may ask me for permission to develop one of my 'stream of consciousness' posts into a proper article - you would be in good company amongst some F1 sites
2014 Monster 26x Bookie Mugger
2015, 2016 WDC: LH44
sagi58
Favourite Driver: He Who Drives for Ferrari!!
Favourite Team: Scuderia Ferrari

Post by sagi58 »

What's Burning? wrote:Maybe he committed suicide rather than writing the article?

That's a pretty tasteless comment to make, considering the seriousness of suicide.
ImageAfter the agony of defeat, success will be sweet!
What's Burning?
Banned

sagi58 wrote:
What's Burning? wrote:Maybe he committed suicide rather than writing the article?

That's a pretty tasteless comment to make, considering the seriousness of suicide.

You're right. I should have said, maybe he performed the hara-kiri ritual seppuku? But alas no matter as he's clearly chosen the rather less finite option of eating crow instead.
"I don't want to be part of a forum where everyone has differing opinions." Boom...
CookinFlat6
Banned
Favourite Driver: Hamiltonian
Favourite Team: HDL

Post by CookinFlat6 »

What's Burning? wrote:
sagi58 wrote:

You're right. I should have said, maybe he performed the hara-kiri ritual seppuku? But alas no matter as he's clearly chosen the rather less finite option of eating crow instead.

At least he had the balls to turn up and eat crow (even if he tried to hide the 'end of season review' under other more glamorous sticky posts) like we all got off a banana boat the other day and became members of an F1 site having forgotten to actually follow the sport, watch races, and educate ourselves

At least he is still writing his articles, and not heading for the hills to lay low till the big boys have moved on to other topics, and most thankfully of all, at least he isnt changing his posts, lying and pretending he didnt get butt fkd in public
2014 Monster 26x Bookie Mugger
2015, 2016 WDC: LH44
racechick
Missing Mod
Favourite Driver: Lewis Hamilton
Favourite Team: Mercedes AMG Petronas

Post by racechick »

I think we have to credit Hugh writing his articles on a fairly regular basis, that's quite a comittment. I would maybe like to write one now and then, but not commit to a regular slot. So we should recognise that commitment.
The thinly disguised dislike of Lewis irritates, especially as it's a news page, not an article in the forum. It predisposes one to read the articles with suspicion looking for bias...which reached dizzy heights in the article "is this how you view the world Lewis?" So little fact in that article, just a lot of emotive dislike and supposition about Hamilton.

The year review is a definite improvement on that , with the obvious highs, lows, success and failure being picked out. But still there is opinion presented as fact. This is the sentence for me that grates the most.....

' For the record he did not deliberately obstruct Hamilton’s qualifying in Monaco – nor did he seek to damage his team mate’s car in Spa. He raced hard and fair......'

I'm not sure how that view can be put on record as fact? In the BBC 2014 review Toto was questioned extensively about those incidents. And on Monaco he said he did not know if it was deliberate. He said only one man knows the real truth. Many of the paddock now believe it was deliberate, and Lewis after viewing the data about how late the braking was, still believes it was deliberate. Yet on our news page ' for the record it was not deliberate' . Hmmmm.
But perhaps we dwell too much on those two incidents, the championship wasn't ultimately affected by them and it is to detract from the excellent battle that Rosberg did put up. He not quite as good as Lewis, but he fought hard and made Lewis work for it. They both made each other drive better and we the fans had the benefit of that. :)
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Abe Lincoln

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abe Lincoln
What's Burning?
Banned

Yay, RC is back from her 16th annual holiday!

That was very well summarized RC. Could not have put it better myself.
What's Burning?
Banned

sagi58 wrote:

BTW, it's not nearly as tasteless as badmouthing Lewis Hamilton's girlfriend. I'm not a hypocrite.
LewEngBridewell
DD owns my a$$
Favourite Team: McLaren

Post by LewEngBridewell »

What's Burning? wrote:You know, I think I'm okay with not having our members posting stuff on the main page. I can only imagine the stuff that would get submitted. Not you Lew, I believe your writeup would be very balanced and come from the perspective on a fan of the sport.

Thank you :)
Race wins: 181 Drivers' titles: 12 Constructors' titles: 8
Fantasy F1 Team = Bridewell Palace Racing
racechick
Missing Mod

Post by racechick »

What's Burning? wrote:Yay, RC is back from her 16th annual holiday!

I'm still in Wales :wink:
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Abe Lincoln

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abe Lincoln
What's Burning?
Banned

Is that the part of the UK where they don't speak English?
racechick
Missing Mod

Post by racechick »

What's Burning? wrote:Is that the part of the UK where they don't speak English?

Yes, a very pretty part. :yes: one of my entries in the photo competition, 'winter', Was from just outside the cottage.
But actually they do speak English. Most in the north are bilingual.
Abe Lincoln

darwin dali
Forum Queen

Post by darwin dali »

racechick wrote:

You're Jonah?
Image Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point. Image
racechick
Missing Mod

Post by racechick »

darwin dali wrote:
racechick wrote:

You're Jonah?

No 'h' :wink:
Abe Lincoln

sagi58
Favourite Driver: He Who Drives for Ferrari!!
Favourite Team: Scuderia Ferrari

Post by sagi58 »

What's Burning? wrote:
sagi58 wrote:

BTW, it's not nearly as tasteless as badmouthing Lewis Hamilton's girlfriend. I'm not a hypocrite.

You're comparing joking about suicide and suggesting that Hamilton could do better?
WoW! :yikes:
ImageAfter the agony of defeat, success will be sweet!