Forum Feature Requests

Make this site better with your ideas and suggestions.
myownalias
Mod
Favourite Driver: Jenson Button
Favourite Team: Williams

Re: Forum Feature Requests

Post by myownalias »

The way that the pool was originally coded (again, not by me) is using a flat file text system and the only reason for phpBB2 is for login of admin to enter information. So to answer your question, it's not possible as things stand to use forum member logins to post picks without rewriting the whole pool from scratch. 1Lemon, if you want to have go at coding from scratch, knock yourself out, I'm more of a designer that dabbles in PHP rather than a coder/developer.
myownaliasThe Englishman in KansasTwitter: @myownalias
1Lemon
Favourite Driver: The Finnish driver that actually talks
Favourite Team: Williams Grand Prix Engineering

Post by 1Lemon »

myownalias wrote:The way that the pool was originally coded (again, not by me) is using a flat file text system and the only reason for phpBB2 is for login of admin to enter information. So to answer your question, it's not possible as things stand to use forum member logins to post picks without rewriting the whole pool from scratch. 1Lemon, if you want to have go at coding from scratch, knock yourself out, I'm more of a designer that dabbles in PHP rather than a coder/developer.

Can you send me the code and I'll have a look what can be done
Mark my words, Bottas will be world champion by 2020 - Me 24/11/14

"Inherently, we at Williams just want to win races. We love going motor racing, we have a real passion for it and that never diminishes." Claire Williams
myownalias
Mod

Post by myownalias »

1Lemon wrote:
myownalias wrote:The way that the pool was originally coded (again, not by me) is using a flat file text system and the only reason for phpBB2 is for login of admin to enter information. So to answer your question, it's not possible as things stand to use forum member logins to post picks without rewriting the whole pool from scratch. 1Lemon, if you want to have go at coding from scratch, knock yourself out, I'm more of a designer that dabbles in PHP rather than a coder/developer.

Can you send me the code and I'll have a look what can be done

Sure, here's the link to the script as it stands now --- https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2g9Jr ... sp=sharing
darwin dali
Forum Queen

Post by darwin dali »

I'm on Darkboot and when I press send on the mini chat - nothing happens. Also, the smilies don't show up when selected under the utility wheel :confused:
Image Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point. Image
sagi58
Favourite Driver: He Who Drives for Ferrari!!
Favourite Team: Scuderia Ferrari

Post by sagi58 »

Stephen wrote:
sagi58 wrote:
Stephen wrote:
sagi58 wrote:Or... maybe it's just me? :thumbup:

I've checked your permissions and you should be fine - what browser are you using?

IE ?

Try refreshing the page - ctrl+F5. I had the same issue before I refreshed.

Nada...

I even tried switching to the "regular" colours and still nothing... :(
ImageAfter the agony of defeat, success will be sweet!
Stephen
Site Admin
Favourite Driver: Kimi Raikkonen
Favourite Team: McLaren

Post by Stephen »

I don't understand, it works on IE, Chrome and Safari here. I did need to refresh the page for IE (wouldn't post) but the others worked straight away.
sagi58

Post by sagi58 »

so.... when you said refresh the page, I clicked the F5 key... and I tried the compatibility view... but, I didn't "refresh"!! :banghead:
that would have been toooo easy!!!

p.s. how long between posts do we have to wait... I think 10 seconds is toooo long!! haha...
myownalias
Mod

Post by myownalias »

OK, just did a test, smiles/BBcode works fine in Chrome, but does not work in Firefox/IE, all browsers are updated to latest versions. I have not tried on mobile.
sagi58

Post by sagi58 »

I'm on IE and my smilies are working... go figure, eh?
myownalias
Mod

Post by myownalias »

I have noticed a little layout issue in the PM system. The first line of the PM is indented to the same indent as the buttons next to the profile picture, Stephen, could you add a line break before the PM body to push it down one line and bring it inline with the rest of the PM body. It's not so much a problem, it's a layout issue that kinda bugs me.
Stephen
Site Admin

Post by Stephen »

myownalias wrote:I have noticed a little layout issue in the PM system. The first line of the PM is indented to the same indent as the buttons next to the profile picture, Stephen, could you add a line break before the PM body to push it down one line and bring it inline with the rest of the PM body. It's not so much a problem, it's a layout issue that kinda bugs me.

I'll take a look.
vaptin

Post by vaptin »

Only a minor point , but when viewing the latest posts at the bottom of the forum, I think the "go to first unread post" selection, should be with a star icon on the thread icon, like it is elsewhere in the forum; as opposed to a link to the right of the thread title, for stylistic consistency.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stephen
Site Admin

Post by Stephen »

vaptin wrote:Only a minor point , but when viewing the latest posts at the bottom of the forum, I think the "go to first unread post" selection, should be with a star icon on the thread icon, like it is elsewhere in the forum; as opposed to a link to the right of the thread title, for stylistic consistency.

Ah, thanks for identifying that - I'll add it to the list! :D