A message from racechick

Make this site better with your ideas and suggestions.
racechick
Missing Mod
Favourite Driver: Lewis Hamilton
Favourite Team: Mercedes AMG Petronas

A message from racechick

Post by racechick »

It is with regret that I have decided I no longer wish to be a moderator on the forum. It hasn't been an easy decision, this place has been my F1 home for almost eight years and I have thoroughly enjoyed being a member and a moderator. I've met many good friends, had lots of laughs and had some excellent robust discussions. So why am I hanging up my jacket? Well for me things have turned a little sour over the last year, culminating in the recent spate of bannings and members leaving. My philosophy is give everyone a chance, an equal chance, and be as tolerant to those you agree with as those you don't, I'm not sure that's happened recently and I feel for the many members who are disenchanted with the forum and have either left or been banned. I don't believe all members have been treated equally, I feel some have been offered tolerance and some haven't. But this is just my view, not the view of the moderating team, so I feel it's time for me to bow out. I must thank DD for having the faith in me to make me a moderator, and also thank all the folk I've crossed paths with during my sojourn here. I've loved sharing F1 with you all.
Now you lot, don't breathe a sigh of relief too heavily! I'll still be hanging around here from time to time, you aren't completely rid of me!
Racechick
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Abe Lincoln

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abe Lincoln
LewEngBridewell
DD owns my a$$
Favourite Team: McLaren

Re: A message from racechick

Post by LewEngBridewell »

Racechick, what an asset to the forum you've been. I had a feeling this was coming, but it's good to see that you'll still be hanging around. :)

I'd like to offer a big thank you for being a supportive and friendly forum member ever since I joined back in the Spring of 2011. You've been a good pal, both on and off the forum, and I look forward to continuing to banter about F1 with you as we enjoy the new season.

Welcome to the proletarian ranks, it'll be strange seeing your name in grey :drink:
Race wins: 181 Drivers' titles: 12 Constructors' titles: 8
Fantasy F1 Team = Bridewell Palace Racing
racechick
Missing Mod

Post by racechick »

Thank you so much for that Lew! :)
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Abe Lincoln

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abe Lincoln
LewEngBridewell
DD owns my a$$

racechick wrote:Thank you so much for that Lew! :)

:cloud9: :cloud9:
myownalias
Mod
Favourite Driver: Jenson Button
Favourite Team: Williams

Post by myownalias »

As I said in private, I believe that you are an asset to the forum and I am happy that you have decided to stick around, although I suspect you might be spending more time at the other "playground".

We may not have always seen eye to eye, but I always had great respect for you in your perseverance with some members, trying to keep communication lines open when most of us would have released the ban hamster.
myownaliasThe Englishman in KansasTwitter: @myownalias
sagi58
Favourite Driver: He Who Drives for Ferrari!!
Favourite Team: Scuderia Ferrari

Post by sagi58 »

racechick...

I have been on this forum long enough to know what a kind and generous person you are.
Through the many PMs we've shared, I came to respect your commitment to this forum.
You shared your opinions and encouraged me not to leave when I mentioned it a couple
of times to you. I also appreciate your ability to share your opinions without expecting
to change anyone else's mind.

Stay true to who you are.
ImageAfter the agony of defeat, success will be sweet!
LiamCatterson
Favourite Driver: Fernando Alonso, Nico Hulkenberg, Felipe Massa
Favourite Team: Ferrari

Post by LiamCatterson »

NOOOO :( You're a great Mod! Like MoA said, you are an important part to this forum and we all love you. If it is what you feel is best however, we'll letyou make your choice. But like I said, you're an an amazing mod and I know millions of other mods who don't have that greatness you have.
zurich_allan

Post by zurich_allan »

It's a real shame, but at least the board won't lose you completely! I can understand your decision though, it's very difficult to stay part of a mod team if there are fundamental differences in approaches as there has to be a relatively consistent line from the team as a whole.
Favourite racing series: F1, Indycar, NASCAR, GP2, F3, Formula E, Trophee Andros, DTM, WTCC, BTCC, World Endurance... etc. etc.
CigarGuy
Favourite Driver: Alonso/Button

Post by CigarGuy »

You were often the voice of tolerance when it clearly was very hard to be that voice.
We'll miss you and hope you do drop by at times. No one can fault you for having beliefs
AND sticking to them!
Speaking English as a second language
ang4f1

Post by ang4f1 »

Hi RC...
I never thought the day would come when you would resign your post.
I have known you for much longer than I have been on this forum...
You have always behaved with absolute fairness & decorum...

A saying keeps running through my mind..
'There are places you leave....&... places that leave you.'

Many thanks for all you are...& all you've done...your help has been top notch..lol
Here's to you... :drink:
vaptin

Post by vaptin »

Hey Racechick,

Thank's (from a members point of view) for your hard work as a mod, and I'm glad to read you'll still continue to be posting.

CigarGuy wrote:You were often the voice of tolerance when it clearly was very hard to be that voice.
We'll miss you and hope you do drop by at times. No one can fault you for having beliefs
AND sticking to them!

From her message, she is just resigning as a mod not from the forum.
CigarGuy
Favourite Driver: Alonso/Button

Post by CigarGuy »

<nodding> Yep. Didn't mean to imply otherwise!
Speaking English as a second language
racechick
Missing Mod

Post by racechick »

Thank you all for your kind words. :)
And now the new season is upon us. Enjoy!
Abe Lincoln

LewEngBridewell
DD owns my a$$

racechick wrote:Thank you all for your kind words. :)

:wine:
Frontrunner
Favourite Driver: Daniel Ricciardo, Mark Webber

Post by Frontrunner »

racechick wrote:Thank you all for your kind words. :)

It will be very strange not seeing you in green RC.
As for this season. You'll definitely enjoy it, Its going to be Merc domination.
####2013 FORUMULA1.COM POOL CHAMPION####