So I've been away for a few months..

Make this site better with your ideas and suggestions.
1Lemon
Favourite Driver: The Finnish driver that actually talks
Favourite Team: Williams Grand Prix Engineering

So I've been away for a few months..

Post by 1Lemon »

Works been busy... Real busy and I haven't had time to keep up with the forums, now the season starts in less than a week (EXCITED) and things have settled down I'm back!

Question is, it looks very empty here, what's happened? It seems the ban hammer finally caught up with a few protagonists, was there any reason for the ban-o-cide?
Mark my words, Bottas will be world champion by 2020 - Me 24/11/14

"Inherently, we at Williams just want to win races. We love going motor racing, we have a real passion for it and that never diminishes." Claire Williams
racechick
Missing Mod
Favourite Driver: Lewis Hamilton
Favourite Team: Mercedes AMG Petronas

Re: So I've been away for a few months..

Post by racechick »

Read the 'oh I see Cookie got banned' thread and you'll probably get the gist if it.
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Abe Lincoln

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abe Lincoln
1Lemon

Post by 1Lemon »

racechick wrote:Read the 'oh I see Cookie got banned' thread and you'll probably get the gist if it.

Yah I've done so. Maybe one day someone will feel confident to post a pro-Button comment now ;)

"Inherently, we at Williams just want to win races. We love going motor racing, we have a real passion for it and that never diminishes." Claire Williams
racechick
Missing Mod
Favourite Driver: Lewis Hamilton
Favourite Team: Mercedes AMG Petronas

Post by racechick »

If you've read the thread you know what the issues were.
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Abe Lincoln

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abe Lincoln
1Lemon

Post by 1Lemon »

Yeah I know, I was being a bit tounge-in-cheek

myownalias
Mod
Favourite Driver: Jenson Button
Favourite Team: Williams

Post by myownalias »

1Lemon wrote:Question is, it looks very empty here, what's happened? It seems the ban hammer finally caught up with a few protagonists, was there any reason for the ban-o-cide?

At this point, it doesn't matter what happened, the "protagonists" are you put it have built themselves and new home on the internet. That group were not happy here for the reasons in the 'oh I see Cookie got banned' thread and others on the forum were not happy with that group of members who choose to leave / got banned, so it looks like a split was the best solution for all.

Let's look forward to then 2015 season, so much more to talk about than actions of the past.
myownaliasThe Englishman in KansasTwitter: @myownalias
1Lemon

Post by 1Lemon »

myownalias wrote:
1Lemon wrote:Question is, it looks very empty here, what's happened? It seems the ban hammer finally caught up with a few protagonists, was there any reason for the ban-o-cide?

At this point, it doesn't matter what happened, the "protagonists" are you put it have built themselves and new home on the internet. That group were not happy here for the reasons in the 'oh I see Cookie got banned' thread and others on the forum were not happy with that group of members who choose to leave / got banned, so it looks like a split was the best solution for all.

Let's look forward to then 2015 season, so much more to talk about than actions of the past.

I'm so psyched for the 2015 season, and the forum seems a bit less.... Circular.

Let's go racing in....er.... circles.

LewEngBridewell
DD owns my a$$
Favourite Team: McLaren

Post by LewEngBridewell »

1Lemon wrote:Works been busy... Real busy and I haven't had time to keep up with the forums, now the season starts in less than a week (EXCITED) and things have settled down I'm back!

Question is, it looks very empty here, what's happened? It seems the ban hammer finally caught up with a few protagonists, was there any reason for the ban-o-cide?

I'm back as well after a period of absence. Good to see you around again :thumbup:
Race wins: 181 Drivers' titles: 12 Constructors' titles: 8
Fantasy F1 Team = Bridewell Palace Racing
zurich_allan

Post by zurich_allan »

Yeah, I've been in a similar boat. Work has been exceptionally busy (I'm actually away to work in Rwanda for just over a week on the 21st of this month), and I moved house in January with things just settling down now. Looking forward to finally getting a little down time to enjoy the season ahead!!
Favourite racing series: F1, Indycar, NASCAR, GP2, F3, Formula E, Trophee Andros, DTM, WTCC, BTCC, World Endurance... etc. etc.
darwin dali
Forum Queen

Post by darwin dali »

LewEngBridewell wrote:
1Lemon wrote:Works been busy... Real busy and I haven't had time to keep up with the forums, now the season starts in less than a week (EXCITED) and things have settled down I'm back!

I'm back as well after a period of absence. Good to see you around again :thumbup:

How's your acting career going, my buttercup?
Image Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point. Image
LewEngBridewell
DD owns my a$$
Favourite Team: McLaren

Post by LewEngBridewell »

darwin dali wrote:
LewEngBridewell wrote:

Good thanks, I'll post some proper updates at some point. :)
Race wins: 181 Drivers' titles: 12 Constructors' titles: 8
Fantasy F1 Team = Bridewell Palace Racing
darwin dali
Forum Queen

Post by darwin dali »

LewEngBridewell wrote:
darwin dali wrote:
LewEngBridewell wrote:

Good thanks, I'll post some proper updates at some point. :)

:thumbup:
Image Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point. Image