New broom

Make this site better with your ideas and suggestions.
andrew
I disagree

Re: New broom

Post by andrew »

How long have I been away for?! It's all different and people been banned. Ye Gods!
darwin dali
Forum Queen

Post by darwin dali »

andrew wrote:How long have I been away for?! It's all different and people been banned. Ye Gods!

Thanks for the comparison :thumbup:
Image Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point. Image
Stephen
Site Admin
Favourite Driver: Kimi Raikkonen
Favourite Team: McLaren

Post by Stephen »

andrew wrote:How long have I been away for?! It's all different and people been banned. Ye Gods!

Welcome back andrew! What have you been up to? It's a more balanced forum than before - still Lewis fans (like me) but more of a spread than before.

Grab a :coffee: and make yourself comfortable. :)
andrew
I disagree

Post by andrew »

darwin dali wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I like the new fresh look (could do with it being slightly darker imho but stil looks good) and the absense of certain, now former, members will likely encourage me to start wandering this little corner of the internet more frequently.

Heck, at this rate I might start watching F1 again (the thought of coming on here and the sheer abuse by some members put me off even watching F1 as it had become a "force of habit" to come on here right after a race)! It looks like it may be possible for people with opposing views to have a discussion and agree to disagree or find a middle ground without some asshat abusing their forum privlidges or protecting their little troll buddies. Nice one Admins. :thumbup:
andrew
I disagree

Post by andrew »

Stephen wrote:

Welcome back andrew! What have you been up to? It's a more balanced forum than before - still Lewis fans (like me) but more of a spread than before.

Grab a :coffee: and make yourself comfortable. :)

Work and Xbox mainly. I'm part of a gaming crew (mainly GTA) so have been involved in helping run that and organising crew events.

As long as everyone remembers that the collective enjoyment of F1 comes first, it doesn't matter which driver or team one supports. A little bit of respect goes a long way towards making a more relaxed and inviting atmosphere. Hopefully this is achieveable given the recent bannings.
Stephen
Site Admin
Favourite Driver: Kimi Raikkonen

Post by Stephen »

andrew wrote:
darwin dali wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I like the new fresh look (could do with it being slightly darker imho but stil looks good) and the absense of certain, now former, members will likely encourage me to start wandering this little corner of the internet more frequently.

Heck, at this rate I might start watching F1 again (the thought of coming on here and the sheer abuse by some members put me off even watching F1 as it had become a "force of habit" to come on here right after a race)! It looks like it may be possible for people with opposing views to have a discussion and agree to disagree or find a middle ground without some asshat abusing their forum privlidges or protecting their little troll buddies. Nice one Admins. :thumbup:

Ban him Darwin! :hehe: That made me laugh out loud!! I think we've turned a corner - would love to have you onboard again. :yes:
stonemonkey
Missing Mod
Favourite Driver: Bernie
Favourite Team: Connaught

Post by stonemonkey »

andrew wrote:As long as everyone remembers that the collective enjoyment of F1 comes first, it doesn't matter which driver or team one supports. A little bit of respect goes a long way towards making a more relaxed and inviting atmosphere. Hopefully this is achieveable given the recent bannings.

One of the great things about going to a race is there's no segregation, that should apply to everything F1 and hopefully never changes.
To use my phone in the car I deleted all my German contacts, it's now Hans free.
myownalias
Mod
Favourite Driver: Jenson Button
Favourite Team: Williams

Post by myownalias »

andrew wrote:As long as everyone remembers that the collective enjoyment of F1 comes first, it doesn't matter which driver or team one supports. A little bit of respect goes a long way towards making a more relaxed and inviting atmosphere. Hopefully this is achieveable given the recent bannings.

Welcome back Andrew, the forum has been a much happier if less active place recently, I feel like it's like the place of old without the feeling of hostility that existed previously.
myownaliasThe Englishman in KansasTwitter: @myownalias
Jabberwocky
Mod
Favourite Driver: 5 Iron
Favourite Team: Williams

Post by Jabberwocky »

hmmm Andrew, I think I remember you.... only joking buddy, hows life up nawf with the white walkers? :-)
A racing car that does not win, is just art
LewEngBridewell
DD owns my a$$

Post by LewEngBridewell »

Stephen wrote:
andrew wrote:
darwin dali wrote:

Ban him Darwin! :hehe: That made me laugh out loud!! I think we've turned a corner - would love to have you onboard again. :yes:

Welcome back andrew, it would be great to see you around more again :wavey:
Race wins: 181 Drivers' titles: 12 Constructors' titles: 8
Fantasy F1 Team = Bridewell Palace Racing
stonemonkey
Missing Mod
Favourite Driver: Bernie
Favourite Team: Connaught

Post by stonemonkey »

andrew wrote:Heck, at this rate I might start watching F1 again

Who will you support? Following Vettel to Ferrari or sticking with one of the RedBull guys?
To use my phone in the car I deleted all my German contacts, it's now Hans free.
andrew
I disagree

Post by andrew »

stonemonkey wrote:

Who will you support? Following Vettel to Ferrari or sticking with one of the RedBull guys?

It's a tricky one. I was a Ferrari fan back in the day whilst Jean todt was at the helm. Since then, they just didn't feel like the team they once were - whilst not winning, you still respected them 'cos it was Ferrari. Their constant bitching about other teams rather than getting on with things really put me off them.
sagi58
Favourite Driver: He Who Drives for Ferrari!!
Favourite Team: Scuderia Ferrari

Post by sagi58 »

andrew wrote:
stonemonkey wrote:

It's a tricky one. I was a Ferrari fan back in the day whilst Jean todt was at the helm. Since then, they just didn't feel like the team they once were - whilst not winning, you still respected them 'cos it was Ferrari. Their constant bitching about other teams rather than getting on with things really put me off them.

Come on, back, andrew!! I do believe times they are achangin'!! :wink:
ImageAfter the agony of defeat, success will be sweet!
andrew
I disagree

Post by andrew »

sagi58 wrote:
andrew wrote:
stonemonkey wrote:

Come on, back, andrew!! I do believe times they are achangin'!! :wink:

I'll probably become a regular again. The people who made this forum near unusable for me have since either rage-quit or been banned and now reside elsewhere (I'd like to know where so I can laugh at them - edit: found it, looks like all the toxic elements that once ruined this forum are now united in a sea of driver and team bashing. I feel sorry for anyone with their own individual opinion who has the misfortune of joining that particular circle jerk).

Well good ridance to them, may they continue their brand of blinkered idiocy elsewhere. No loss to this forum in any way. I'd rather be a part of a forum with 10 active posters who respect each others views than 30 fanatical fanboy/girl trolls who gang-up on other members.

:drink: New times are a-coming.