New broom

Make this site better with your ideas and suggestions.
Stephen
Site Admin
Favourite Driver: Kimi Raikkonen
Favourite Team: McLaren

Re: New broom

Post by Stephen »

LewEngBridewell wrote:
Jabberwocky wrote:Right then guys and girls. We have all had a frightful day with everything that has gone on.

So what would you guys like to see changed on the forum?

More members, MANY MORE members, better advertising for the website, higher ranking on Google, more exposure. I want to see the growth of the forum and the website, not the decline.

How about more news articles, different writers, guest writers, etc? Things we've lost, but things which made the website the thriving place it used to be.

A timely post, expect a few changes in the coming days, along with an easier journey to writing articles for Forumula1. This site is due a makeover and we'll be moving to a responsive, mobile friendly forum theme to cope with the rising number of mobile/tablet users.

As with everything online, if you spread the word, people will come (and this, links and what not, will also assist in improving our ranking with Google et al). :)
zurich_allan

Post by zurich_allan »

Stephen wrote:
LewEngBridewell wrote:
Jabberwocky wrote:Right then guys and girls. We have all had a frightful day with everything that has gone on.

So what would you guys like to see changed on the forum?

More members, MANY MORE members, better advertising for the website, higher ranking on Google, more exposure. I want to see the growth of the forum and the website, not the decline.

How about more news articles, different writers, guest writers, etc? Things we've lost, but things which made the website the thriving place it used to be.

A timely post, expect a few changes in the coming days, along with an easier journey to writing articles for Forumula1. This site is due a makeover and we'll be moving to a responsive, mobile friendly forum theme to cope with the rising number of mobile/tablet users.

As with everything online, if you spread the word, people will come (and this, links and what not, will also assist in improving our ranking with Google et al). :)

Sounds good / interesting! :) Looking forward to seeing the improvements!
Favourite racing series: F1, Indycar, NASCAR, GP2, F3, Formula E, Trophee Andros, DTM, WTCC, BTCC, World Endurance... etc. etc.
myownalias
Mod
Favourite Driver: Jenson Button
Favourite Team: Williams

Post by myownalias »

Stephen wrote:A timely post, expect a few changes in the coming days, along with an easier journey to writing articles for Forumula1. This site is due a makeover and we'll be moving to a responsive, mobile friendly forum theme to cope with the rising number of mobile/tablet users.

Excellent, I have recently done the same with my websites and after looking at Forumula1 on my Surface Pro 3, I thought the main site could do with a revamp!
myownaliasThe Englishman in KansasTwitter: @myownalias
Stephen
Site Admin

Post by Stephen »

myownalias wrote:
Stephen wrote:A timely post, expect a few changes in the coming days, along with an easier journey to writing articles for Forumula1. This site is due a makeover and we'll be moving to a responsive, mobile friendly forum theme to cope with the rising number of mobile/tablet users.

Excellent, I have recently done the same with my websites and after looking at Forumula1 on my Surface Pro 3, I thought the main site could do with a revamp!

You're not wrong! :D
darwin dali
Forum Queen

Post by darwin dali »

Looks good with the orange theme retained. More scrolling and more clicks required for navigation, but if it helps smartphones (which I haven't tried yet), I'm all for it. :thumbup:
Image Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point. Image
sagi58
Favourite Driver: He Who Drives for Ferrari!!
Favourite Team: Scuderia Ferrari

Post by sagi58 »

LOVE the orange!! :clap:
As DD said, a bit more navigating and the only thing I would have liked kept
is the list of all the threads rather than the text box at the bottom of the page!
Then again, it's nothing I won't get used to!! :thumbup:
ImageAfter the agony of defeat, success will be sweet!
LiamCatterson
Favourite Driver: Fernando Alonso, Nico Hulkenberg, Felipe Massa
Favourite Team: Ferrari

Post by LiamCatterson »

OOOHHH YOU'VE REDECORATED...I don't like it...YES, I CAN SAY THAT LINE
myownalias
Mod
Favourite Driver: Jenson Button
Favourite Team: Williams

Post by myownalias »

I agree with Sagi58, I did prefer the list of latest posted to thread at the bottom. But that said, I like the revamp, I particularly like that it works with touch devices much better, it seems the need for tapatalk has also gone away, it works well on my SGS4 as well as my Surface Pro.
myownaliasThe Englishman in KansasTwitter: @myownalias
Big Azza
Favourite Driver: Sebastian Vettel
Favourite Team: Prodrive Racing Australia

Post by Big Azza »

My eyes!!!! :eek:

I'm very sensitive to White Backgrounds. I usually have my screen very dim or use "High Contrast" mode.

On all my devices I have a black background with white or green writing. It gives me a headache looking at a white background, very "glarey" and I have a lot of distracting floaters. Like this guy: :sperm:

So I was using the black and orange "tiger" theme. Can I still use it? Will there be some more themes in future?
#5 Vettel! :cloud9:
sagi58
Favourite Driver: He Who Drives for Ferrari!!
Favourite Team: Scuderia Ferrari

Post by sagi58 »

Big Azza has a point about the white background!
I suffer from migraines and the glare from the white
does a number on me, after a while! :(
ImageAfter the agony of defeat, success will be sweet!
LewEngBridewell
DD owns my a$$

Post by LewEngBridewell »

Wow, the biggest makeover I've seen here in ages!

I agree with MOA though, the recent posts section at the bottom was always very useful. :yes:
Race wins: 181 Drivers' titles: 12 Constructors' titles: 8
Fantasy F1 Team = Bridewell Palace Racing
1Lemon
Favourite Driver: The Finnish driver that actually talks
Favourite Team: Williams Grand Prix Engineering

Post by 1Lemon »

LewEngBridewell wrote:Wow, the biggest makeover I've seen here in ages!

I agree with MOA though, the recent posts section at the bottom was always very useful. :yes:

Yep, recent commented posts, including if you've read them was the only way I ever navigated around here.

Edit: By default the current recent posts on the bottom seem to only take you to the 1st page which is a little annoying. Also there seems to be a lightbulb at the top which is a search bar, an odd choice for that icon I thought it was a theme change/dimmer.
Mark my words, Bottas will be world champion by 2020 - Me 24/11/14

"Inherently, we at Williams just want to win races. We love going motor racing, we have a real passion for it and that never diminishes." Claire Williams
Stephen
Site Admin

Post by Stephen »

Thank you for all your suggestions, I've added your thoughts to a feature request thread - please add further suggestions there and I'll see what I can do.

Regarding different themes, we will stick with this one (in terms of layout) but produce a darker option for those like me, sagi58 and Big Azza who are sensitive to brighter themes.
CigarGuy
Favourite Driver: Alonso/Button

Post by CigarGuy »

Woa! I go away for a couple hours.............
I've learned that I NEVER like new "looks"(that whole change thing) and I ALWAYS get used to it.
The effort does not go unnoticed. Way to go guys!
Speaking English as a second language
darwin dali
Forum Queen

Post by darwin dali »

Acid Tiger was nice :yes:
Anything darker would help.
Image Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point. Image