New broom

Make this site better with your ideas and suggestions.
darwin dali
Forum Queen

Re: New broom

Post by darwin dali »

zurich_allan wrote:Noooooooo!!!! :)

Yesss! Always had an eye on you, honey! :smmack: :rofl:
Image Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point. Image
myownalias
Mod
Favourite Driver: Jenson Button
Favourite Team: Williams

Post by myownalias »

zurich_allan wrote:Noooooooo!!!! :)

If your not careful, I may get really radical and fix a Youtube link and lock the thread! :P
myownaliasThe Englishman in KansasTwitter: @myownalias
vaptin

Post by vaptin »

If you ban Zurich, you'd have to ban all of us :P
myownalias
Mod

Post by myownalias »

vaptin wrote:If you ban Zurich, you'd have to ban all of us :P

OK, if you insist! :twisted:

/has a secret agenda to ban everyone so I can have the forum all to myself... also secretly enjoys conversations with self!
zurich_allan

Post by zurich_allan »

You can already do that though - just continually PM yourself!! :D
Favourite racing series: F1, Indycar, NASCAR, GP2, F3, Formula E, Trophee Andros, DTM, WTCC, BTCC, World Endurance... etc. etc.
myownalias
Mod

Post by myownalias »

zurich_allan wrote:You can already do that though - just continually PM yourself!! :D

You know I never thought of that... yay, I have no need to post on the public forum anymore, see ya then! :D
sagi58
Favourite Driver: He Who Drives for Ferrari!!
Favourite Team: Scuderia Ferrari

Post by sagi58 »

You guys!! :rofl:
ImageAfter the agony of defeat, success will be sweet!
LewEngBridewell
DD owns my a$$
Favourite Team: McLaren

Post by LewEngBridewell »

Jabberwocky wrote:Right then guys and girls. We have all had a frightful day with everything that has gone on.

So what would you guys like to see changed on the forum?

More members, MANY MORE members, better advertising for the website, higher ranking on Google, more exposure. I want to see the growth of the forum and the website, not the decline.

How about more news articles, different writers, guest writers, etc? Things we've lost, but things which made the website the thriving place it used to be.
Race wins: 181 Drivers' titles: 12 Constructors' titles: 8
Fantasy F1 Team = Bridewell Palace Racing
Jabberwocky
Mod
Favourite Driver: 5 Iron

Post by Jabberwocky »

How do we get people to be made writers? I have asked a few times

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
A racing car that does not win, is just art
LewEngBridewell
DD owns my a$$

Post by LewEngBridewell »

Jabberwocky wrote:How do we get people to be made writers? I have asked a few times

I know you have, most people don't seem to know much about the matter :shrug:
Race wins: 181 Drivers' titles: 12 Constructors' titles: 8
Fantasy F1 Team = Bridewell Palace Racing
vaptin

Post by vaptin »

Hmm, I think maybe moderator decisions being better explained would help. TBH, a lot of people didn't know why Cookie got banned, they just saw he did and reacted I think. Especially with What's burning, I saw his post as racechick left it up, which again clearly shows members what breached the rules, but I'm not sure too many people did, hence some jumped to conclusions.

More transparency should help, with why decisions were made and how they were made. People are more suspicious of closed court rooms. I guess it's a common problem with management, it's not just about making the right decisions, it's more about making sure you are prepared to and do justify those decisions, especially when you don't have to.

I hope the feedback above isn't taken too harshly, it's not aimed at anyone personally or to try and get anyones backs up.
myownalias
Mod

Post by myownalias »

vaptin wrote:Hmm, I think maybe moderator decisions being better explained would help. TBH, a lot of people didn't know why Cookie got banned, they just saw he did and reacted I think. Especially with What's burning, I saw his post as racechick left it up, which again clearly shows members what breached the rules, but I'm not sure too many people did, hence some jumped to conclusions.

More transparency should help, with why decisions were made and how they were made. People are more suspicious of closed court rooms. I guess it's a common problem with management, it's not just about making the right decisions, it's more about making sure you are prepared to and do justify those decisions, especially when you don't have to.

I hope the feedback above isn't taken too harshly, it's not aimed at anyone personally or to try and get anyones backs up.

I did explain several times in the Cookin Banned thread, but the blue faction had already made their decision to rise up and cause trouble as their activities outside of Forumula1 proves.

I don't take offense at your commentary, clearly there were failings on our part, not Cookin's banning, that was justified, but allowing this argumentative and insulting posting to go on for so long, we should have taken action soon. Certain members refused to listen while others in my opinion, heed our warnings in thread and through PM.

But, that said, I don't want to be warning/banning members for minor infractions, often things sort themselves out, but clearly this situation we had was never going to go resolve itself!
CigarGuy
Favourite Driver: Alonso/Button

Post by CigarGuy »

Quite honestly, a little friendly reminder, via PM, should be all that is needed to get a person to shape up and fly right?
As a former mod(not here), the "owner" HAS to have their(mods) back and respect their authority or replace them. Likewise, a poster
has to stay within the guidelines or be warned and ultimately BAN. I've never thought of these forums as a free-for-all, free speech
kinda place. It's a room where people invite you in. If they don't like you, it's BAN. If you don't like them you can leave, which some
have done, albeit more loudly then some others.
Speaking English as a second language
myownalias
Mod

Post by myownalias »

CigarGuy wrote:Quite honestly, a little friendly reminder, via PM, should be all that is needed to get a person to shape up and fly right?

Sometimes that is not the case unfortunately, some members simply refuse to change their ways, no matter how many warnings or bans they get!

CigarGuy wrote:As a former mod(not here), the "owner" HAS to have their(mods) back and respect their authority or replace them.

Darwin Dali always stands up for his mods when under attack, we tend to operate well as a team, we don't step on each others toes in moderating issues.

CigarGuy wrote:Likewise, a poster has to stay within the guidelines or be warned and ultimately BAN. I've never thought of these forums as a free-for-all, free speech
kinda place. It's a room where people invite you in. If they don't like you, it's BAN. If you don't like them you can leave, which some
have done, albeit more loudly then some others.

I always think that we should act the same way as we would in real life on forums, just because it's on the Internet, doesn't make it right to ack like an bottom! You're right, forums are not a place where you can express 100% free speech, our rules don't and shouldn't allow for bigotry, racism, sexism, ageism etc or personal attacks on members or public figures.
sagi58
Favourite Driver: He Who Drives for Ferrari!!
Favourite Team: Scuderia Ferrari

Post by sagi58 »

I think it all boils down to the Golden Rule: Treat others as you want to be treated!

We can't always agree, in fact, I'd go so far as to say we won't always agree with one another;
but, that's what adults do. They talk, they agree/disagree, they move on to the next subject.
ImageAfter the agony of defeat, success will be sweet!