Oh, I see cookie got banned?

Make this site better with your ideas and suggestions.
sagi58
Favourite Driver: He Who Drives for Ferrari!!
Favourite Team: Scuderia Ferrari

Re: Oh, I see cookie got banned?

Post by sagi58 »

zurich_allan wrote:I for one will not stoop to criticising any of the team who give up their own time to help out keep the forum working as I haven't been privy to the conversations behind the scenes which will undoubtedly have taken place.

:clap: Here!! Here!! :clap:
I second that emotion!! :blush:
ImageAfter the agony of defeat, success will be sweet!
darwin dali
Forum Queen

Post by darwin dali »

Cookie is not banned permanently (just 2 weeks).
WB and LRW are permanently banned for various infractions.
Image Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point. Image
Nin-Chin
Favourite Driver: Lewis Hamilton
Favourite Team: Mercedes AMG Petronas

Post by Nin-Chin »

Wow. This place will sure be a little bit empty with those two posting (three if Hammer sticks to his word).

When I joined in 2012 this place was a great place full of loads of different people, most of which had different opinions on who their favourite drivers/teams were. The Vettel fans vanished in 2013 but things were still ok discussion wise, seeing as there were only really two Vettel fans that were actually posting (vlad, andrew). Now things don't look so good :(

p.s I don't post very often now but I do lurk around the forum from time to time.
A fan of many forms of motorsport. Also made the first post in 2014 on this forum.
racechick
Missing Mod

Post by racechick »

sagi58 wrote:
zurich_allan wrote:I for one will not stoop to criticising any of the team who give up their own time to help out keep the forum working as I haven't been privy to the conversations behind the scenes which will undoubtedly have taken place.

But the forum isn't working is if? It's falling apart.
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Abe Lincoln

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abe Lincoln
darwin dali
Forum Queen

Post by darwin dali »

Only if we let it.
I don't think it's falling apart at all: it needed some spring cleaning and now it's refreshed and ready for the new season.
Image Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point. Image
sagi58
Favourite Driver: He Who Drives for Ferrari!!
Favourite Team: Scuderia Ferrari

Post by sagi58 »

racechick wrote:
sagi58 wrote:

But the forum isn't working is if? It's falling apart.

I wouldn't say it's falling apart; however, it does seem to be changing.
Change isn't always bad.
ImageAfter the agony of defeat, success will be sweet!
zurich_allan

Post by zurich_allan »

Did it fall apart when Tex left? Or Ewan? Hanwombat, Juliet, Al4x, Fraffy etc? What's so different about this time? Maybe it is different, maybe not. I don't personally like the way that a lot of people seemed to be holding the mods virtually to ransom, it's out of order in my opinion. I genuinely don't see what anybody did that was so wrong that caused such a massive outcry / backlash from some of the members.
Favourite racing series: F1, Indycar, NASCAR, GP2, F3, Formula E, Trophee Andros, DTM, WTCC, BTCC, World Endurance... etc. etc.
myownalias
Mod
Favourite Driver: Jenson Button
Favourite Team: Williams

Post by myownalias »

This sort of flare up of emotions and departures has happened a number of times and we have always bounced back; that's the nature of the internet, forums tend to be transient things, normally I don't stick around on forums, this is actually the longest I have posted on a single forum, five years if you don't count my year long sabbatical. I have faith that the membership will rebuild with more members contributing instead of just a handful. It's kinda funny that in the past 18 months, the active membership has been dwarfed by the search engine bots.
myownaliasThe Englishman in KansasTwitter: @myownalias
zurich_allan

Post by zurich_allan »

myownalias wrote:This sort of flare up of emotions and departures has happened a number of times and we have always bounced back; that's the nature of the internet, forums tend to be transient things, normally I don't stick around on forums, this is actually the longest I have posted on a single forum, five years if you don't count my year long sabbatical. I have faith that the membership will rebuild with more members contributing instead of just a handful. It's kinda funny that in the past 18 months, the active membership has been dwarfed by the search engine bots.

Pretty much my thoughts. I remember clearly some of the previous flare up incidents and they really weren't that different to this. In fact they all followed scarily similar patterns.
Favourite racing series: F1, Indycar, NASCAR, GP2, F3, Formula E, Trophee Andros, DTM, WTCC, BTCC, World Endurance... etc. etc.
racechick
Missing Mod

Post by racechick »

zurich_allan wrote:Did it fall apart when Tex left? Or Ewan? Hanwombat, Juliet, Al4x, Fraffy etc? What's so different about this time? Maybe it is different, maybe not. I don't personally like the way that a lot of people seemed to be holding the mods virtually to ransom, it's out of order in my opinion. I genuinely don't see what anybody did that was so wrong that caused such a massive outcry / backlash from some of the members.

You don't?
No one held the mods to ransom, you have no idea what happenned during the last six months that the mods at the time had to deal with, but the mods were certainly not held to ransom!
I can tell you what happened to most of the names you mention if you like. Fraffy was probably banned , Hanowombat and Alex fell in love and drifted away, popped back in occasionally but generally have moved on, Ewan I still talk to quite a lot ( tiday in fact) and he was considering coming back, he may review that . Tex ..seriously? Tex??? Juliet I don't know.
Nothing like this mass exodus!!!
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Abe Lincoln

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abe Lincoln
zurich_allan

Post by zurich_allan »

You're right - I don't know, and I don't feel a need to know. What I do think though, in my opinion, is that there has been a generally unwelcoming and bad atmosphere around the forum for the past year or so. I have my own thoughts as to why that is, but perhaps this shake up will change some of that. Time will tell I suppose.

Edited to add: The names of past members I mentioned were just a few off the top of my head - there are literally another 20 that I could have cited. I honestly think in a year or two those on the board will look back and wonder what all the fuss was about.
CigarGuy
Favourite Driver: Alonso/Button
Favourite Team: McLaren

Post by CigarGuy »

zurich_allan wrote: is that there has been a generally unwelcoming and bad atmosphere around the forum for the past year or so.

As a member just since October I can tell you............
Speaking English as a second language
racechick
Missing Mod

Post by racechick »

zurich_allan wrote:You're right - I don't know, and I don't feel a need to know. What I do think though, in my opinion, is that there has been a generally unwelcoming and bad atmosphere around the forum for the past year or so. I have my own thoughts as to why that is, but perhaps this shake up will change some of that. Time will tell I suppose.

Edited to add: The names of past members I mentioned were just a few off the top of my head - there are literally another 20 that I could have cited. I honestly think in a year or two those on the board will look back and wonder what all the fuss was about.

Well let's hope so. And lets hope you post a little more than you have been doing until the last two days, to fill the gaps of those who do bother posting but now won't. It's easy to sit back and do nothing to help the forum except criticise those who do make an effort.
Abe Lincoln

myownalias
Mod
Favourite Driver: Jenson Button
Favourite Team: Williams

Post by myownalias »

I do agree with Allan, there has been a genuine unwelcoming atmosphere for some time, I stopped posting in general because I was fed up of my comments being pi$$ed on by the select few members. I may not have the all encompassing understanding of F1 like Cookin, but I have been watching for more than 20 years and consider myself reasonably knowledgeable, so imagine how the less knowledgeable feel? why would you express an opinion only to be insulted and attacked for that opinion, I honestly believe that is what was happening on this forum!
myownaliasThe Englishman in KansasTwitter: @myownalias
racechick
Missing Mod

Post by racechick »

Well I don't see it that way nor do a number of our membership who've just walked out the door or voiced their opinion on the matter.
Abe Lincoln