Oh, I see cookie got banned?

Make this site better with your ideas and suggestions.
zurich_allan

Re: Oh, I see cookie got banned?

Post by zurich_allan »

racechick - what is sanctimonious in what I'm writing? I'm basing everything I'm writing with what I saw with my own eyes here. Things you didn't need to be a mod to see. I saw LRW's unacceptable post before leaving, I saw What's Burning changing multiple avatars and forum headings as a 'joke', before leaving (that is abuse of a mod position btw), and I have read various people simply going into complete melt down for no real reason. I'm not drawing conclusions out of thin air - it's what was there for all to see, even if sometimes it was later removed from the forum it was there to begin with.

So I apologise if you take my being honest about what I've seen and read, and making a rational decision based on that whilst staying calm as being sanctimonious, there's nothing I can do about that.
Favourite racing series: F1, Indycar, NASCAR, GP2, F3, Formula E, Trophee Andros, DTM, WTCC, BTCC, World Endurance... etc. etc.
myownalias
Mod
Favourite Driver: Jenson Button
Favourite Team: Williams

Post by myownalias »

racechick wrote:Well you should give a damn about how long people have been here, loyalty should not be disregarded lightly.

Why should I be loyal to members that instead of discussing the issue maturely, went on a tirade of personal attacks.

racechick wrote:WB never abused his position as a moderator, so don't even try that one.

I never said that he abused his moderator powers, I said he abused his group admin powers...

racechick wrote:You are upset because you say banned members returned with a false account. I can understand you being upset at that. Can you now try to understand how it felt to work with a moderator who did that? Not a banned member, a moderator!!!!!!! Can you try to understand what it was like working in that environment and realising what a fool you were being made of. I reached out to F2004, tried to give him a chance, calm him down. Imagine how I felt to know it was Spanky. I can show his delightful reply to my attempt to help as well if you like.

I'm not upset, it's an internet forum, it's not that important in my life to get upset about it, However, I am disappointed that members I used to regard in high standing have resorted to such low behavior to get revenge. I'm upset that it spilled over into personal projects, for which I have every right to be angry!

This is all in the past, Spankyham hasn't posted in near six months. I understand why certain members were upset, I am not stupid, I just don't agree with their sentiment and the behavior that manifested itself as a result of their grievances. These members were not forced into acting like they did, they got rightfully banned in my view.
myownaliasThe Englishman in KansasTwitter: @myownalias
racechick
Missing Mod
Favourite Driver: Lewis Hamilton
Favourite Team: Mercedes AMG Petronas

Post by racechick »

zurich_allan wrote:racechick - what is sanctimonious in what I'm writing? I'm basing everything I'm writing with what I saw with my own eyes here. Things you didn't need to be a mod to see. I saw LRW's unacceptable post before leaving, I saw What's Burning changing multiple avatars and forum headings as a 'joke', before leaving (that is abuse of a mod position btw), and I have read various people simply going into complete melt down for no real reason. I'm not drawing conclusions out of thin air - it's what was there for all to see, even if sometimes it was later removed from the forum it was there to begin with.

So I apologise if you take my being honest about what I've seen and read, and making a rational decision based on that whilst staying calm as being sanctimonious, there's nothing I can do about that.

Well it's admirable that you stay calm, but nothing's happenned to upset you.
I'm usually calm, but Things have upset me lately , so I'm not feeling calm.
You don't need to be a mod to see what happened no, but you do need to have been one to understand why.
I missed the changing avatars, but indeed that most definately sounds like an abuse of a mods position ( btw) The thing is, WB wasn't a mod, he resigned as a mod in November, so there was no abuse of mod power.

I'm not condoning poor behaviour on the forum, it isn't how I would choose to express my displeasure, but I do understand why it occured and it could have been avoided.
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Abe Lincoln

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abe Lincoln
darwin dali
Forum Queen

Post by darwin dali »

racechick wrote: The thing is, WB wasn't a mod, he resigned as a mod in November, so there was no abuse of mod power.

MOA and I were not talking about abusing mod power, but abusing his considerable group admin power. You were the first to bring up abuse of mod power.
Image Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point. Image
racechick
Missing Mod
Favourite Driver: Lewis Hamilton
Favourite Team: Mercedes AMG Petronas

Post by racechick »

darwin dali wrote:
racechick wrote: The thing is, WB wasn't a mod, he resigned as a mod in November, so there was no abuse of mod power.

MOA and I were not talking about abusing mod power, but abusing his considerable group admin power. You were the first to bring up abuse of mod power.

I was replying to Zurich who said WB had abused mod powers by changing avatars. ( I didn't see any of that I was at a wedding) From what I've heard, I realise WB abused his group admin powers.
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Abe Lincoln

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abe Lincoln
RyRy

Post by RyRy »

Regardless of what your ego's think DD, MOA, WB... etc will have all abused power more than once, I'm an outside to the mods here but even I notice abuse of power, mods ignoring "rules" and just an arrogance which makes some moderators come across hostile.

Losing RC as a happy, friendly face is by far Forumula1's biggest loss, the ONLY reason I have actually ever stuck around is because she is by far one of the nicest people on this forum.

I can certainly tell you MOA that the atmosphere between the two worlds is a vast contrast, with the "new" place being much more friendly, more active and a much better sense of community and between the two the "new" place is by far more mature.

Defending Cookin is perfectly acceptable regardless of what he may or may not of put, being wrongfully banned warrants a sense of frustration and a long time, active member who is clearly liked by half of the site deserves to get his side in but no, he wasn't given that opportunity so it's fair enough if he was or wasn't rude, aggressive or whatever.

what it boils down to is that those that were banned could have chosen to stay calm and discuss things calmly and rationally.

You're trying to have a laugh right... that's hilarious.

I don't give a damn about how long a member has been here or how many posts a member makes

Banning & or forcing a major part in the site activity IS a huge point, if it isn't an obvious sign to you or DD that something is majorly wrong with how the situation was handled then I don't think if it hit you guys straight in the face that you'd notice.

There's no hope for someone/some people if they can't admit when they're wrong.
myownalias
Mod
Favourite Driver: Jenson Button
Favourite Team: Williams

Post by myownalias »

Look, if you are happier on the "other" forum, go post there and be happy...

You are right that we have willfully ignored some breaking of the rules in an attempt to let things flow more which includes Cookin's posts. as I have said on numerous occasions in this thread, if we strictly enforced the rules, all of the members that have been banned through their own actions would have been banned anyway.

You're entitled to your opinion, let's just leave it at that, if the faction that broke away are so happy with their new home, why keep coming back here to bitch and moan?

----------

It has been discussed amongst the remaining mods/admins and we are going to lock this thread, so we can finally move past this event.

What has happened has happened, it can't be undone, everyone has had their say, end of chapter!
myownaliasThe Englishman in KansasTwitter: @myownalias