Oh, I see cookie got banned?

Make this site better with your ideas and suggestions.
darwin dali
Forum Queen

Re: Oh, I see cookie got banned?

Post by darwin dali »

CigarGuy wrote:Why someone would want to post on a place they've been BAN is beyond my comprehension.

Exactly - well, it won't happen again as the ban got converted from a 2-week fishing trip to a permaban :rolleyes:
Image Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point. Image
RyRy

Post by RyRy »

Funny how several people all "randomly" come back to the forum, it's not even a coincidence.

A lot of self-inflicted harm based on bias.
CigarGuy
Favourite Driver: Alonso/Button
Favourite Team: McLaren

Post by CigarGuy »

darwin dali wrote:
CigarGuy wrote:Why someone would want to post on a place they've been BAN is beyond my comprehension.

Exactly - well, it won't happen again as the ban got converted from a 2-week fishing trip to a permaban :rolleyes:

Perhaps that is my answer? And, at this point, I'm :censored: with this thread.
Speaking English as a second language
myownalias
Mod
Favourite Driver: Jenson Button
Favourite Team: Williams

Post by myownalias »

I just want to be able to move on from this crap now, the whole episode was very childish overall, members are returning citing Cookin as the reason they stopped posting, we'll build the forum up again, just like it did after the last implosion, personally I'd rather have 50 users posting 10 posts a week than 5 or 6 posting hundreds of time a week.
myownaliasThe Englishman in KansasTwitter: @myownalias
racechick
Missing Mod
Favourite Driver: Lewis Hamilton
Favourite Team: Mercedes AMG Petronas

Post by racechick »

You think this crap is childish? What do you think about the stunts Spanky pulled? And as a moderator? do you think that was childish? Obviously not because you returned when he contacted you. As you are now contacting other old members. This political crap is what's childish.
This isn't about Cookinflat6, no matter how you twist it. This is about moderators getting off on power
If you think this is all about Cookie getting a two week ban you have completely misread the situation. The issue isn't Cookie and whether he was banned or not. What's Burning? began this thread and he's banned Cookie more times than any other mod, and it's never resulted in a revolt of the membership. So let's take a look at what people were actually saying. People were saying that they were unhappy with the bias being displayed in some moderating decisions. They were saying that moderation was being influenced by who the person was and what their views were in F1, and they were saying that other members who transgress the rules escape without even a warning, this is why people got upset and angry. And because they weren't listened to things escalated to the point of no return.
We had a moderator recently who abused his position, he betrayed his fellow moderators, told lies, made false accusations and acted with a complete lack of integrity. I'm sure you can read this Spanky in one of your many guises. Will an apology for that be forthcoming?
Though Spanky was removed as a moderator much damage was done. And the endemic bias regarding the treatment of posters was still felt by many to be occurring.
You may still wish to dismiss what has happened as a few crackpots blowing their top. You may still believe it is all the fault of Cookie. But you need to really open your eyes and look at the people who have been driven to make these complaints.

What's Burning? Member since 2010 posts 21486 ( an ex moderator)
Hammer Member since 2010 Posts 13126
Ichabad Member since 2010 Posts 406
RyRY Member since 2009 Posts 1103
LRW. Member since 2011. Posts 6708
Ang4f1. Member since 2012. Posts 226
Racechick Member since 2007. Posts 23552 ( an ex moderator)

That's not a list of trouble makers or spammers. That's a list of knowledgeable loyal posters who've given time and enjoyed being on this forum for many years and are upset. That's a huge loss to this forum.
That's a total of 31 years of posting between those people.
Its a total of 66,607 posts. That can't be just swept under the carpet and blamed on a difficult and argumentative poster.
A little honesty would have gone a long way to rectifying things, but I fear things have gone too far. A very sad state of affairs.
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Abe Lincoln

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abe Lincoln
zurich_allan

Post by zurich_allan »

Did you see Cookin's two posts on this thread earlier racechick? I can absolutely 100% guarantee you wouldn't even be attempting a defence like the above if you did. It was just a profanity laden set of insults. In my opinion, for somebody to write lengthy posts in the manner they were, it actually displays quite a level of sociopathy, as it wasn't something in the heat of the moment, rather something considered for a lengthy period of time but still gone ahead with. Such a shame that people can go totally off the wall like that, there just isn't any need for it no matter the circumstances.
Favourite racing series: F1, Indycar, NASCAR, GP2, F3, Formula E, Trophee Andros, DTM, WTCC, BTCC, World Endurance... etc. etc.
racechick
Missing Mod

Post by racechick »

:banghead: :banghead: Attempting a Defence? You think I'm defending Cookie?Im attempting no defence. I dispair I really do.
No I didn't see any post on here by cookie, it must have been removed. And I have no idea whether he's a sociopath as Im not a psychiatrist. But as my previous post went to great lengths to try to explain. PEOPLE ARE NOT UPSET ABOUT COOKIE BEING BANNED! THAT IS NOT THE ISSUE HERE!!!!
I'm personally upset because7 or 8 good friends of mine feel they can't post on here any longer, not because Cookie was banned. I've banned Cookie.
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Abe Lincoln

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abe Lincoln
zurich_allan

Post by zurich_allan »

Okay, I get that, but unlike many, one thing I can't ever be accused of is losing my temper / cool etc. However sadly, regardless of the long length of service and number of posts of a good few you've mentioned, what it boils down to is that those that were banned could have chosen to stay calm and discuss things calmly and rationally.

But here's they key to it all.

They didn't

Instead, they made the active choice to personally insult, multiple times and in extremely derogatory fashions a variety of members and mods.

No matter what way you look at it, and what you don't seem to understand in spite of the same issue being levelled at the remaining mods or those that can see it is that THOSE actions cannot be swept under the carpet.

What is sad is that I strongly suspect had a number of those that ended up banned simply came back after their initial meltdowns and attempted to communicate rationally then there may have been a way to keep an open, rational dialogue, but instead some opted to come back all guns blazing.

It's just no way to behave and makes irrelevant sadly whatever the original underlying issues were, valid or otherwise.
Favourite racing series: F1, Indycar, NASCAR, GP2, F3, Formula E, Trophee Andros, DTM, WTCC, BTCC, World Endurance... etc. etc.
myownalias
Mod
Favourite Driver: Jenson Button
Favourite Team: Williams

Post by myownalias »

If you feel that way, RC, please feel free to not post here on Forumula 1 and post in your new "mature" forum...

I don't give a damn about how long a member has been here or how many posts a member makes, the actions of the people that got banned is what got them banned, straight up, insult laden posts, attacks on other members, which is the reason Cookin got so many warnings/bans incidentally. Making posts to claim "I'm not posting until x member gets reinstated", and WB, wow, what I can say, he abused his power as VW/Porsche group admin, changing group names to insult a particular member, adding people to said group who had no wish to be in that group, changing member avatars etc. Additionally some of the banned members, created secondary accounts to PM users attempting to lure them to their new forum. If you think that is normal behavior, then I have severely misjudged you! The proper response would have been to leave, start a new forum, not attempt to throw as many insults as possible and do as much damage on the way out of the door like certain members decided to do.

And for the record, I have not contacted anyone trying to get them to come back, these members came back of their own accord. Additionally I am f**king pissed that this has spilled over into my personal projects, leaving comments on my blog, which will never be seen as I pre-moderate everything.

Just to be clear, this is my personal opinion and not that of Forumula1 and/or its admins/mods.
myownaliasThe Englishman in KansasTwitter: @myownalias
zurich_allan

Post by zurich_allan »

Absolutely spot on myownalias, that post hits the nail right on the head. I'm not a mod, and I have never been privy to what has gone on behind the scenes, but I have seen many of the posts by a good few of those who decided to leave who simply acted in a terrible fashion with how they decided to leave. Indefensible. I also saw the multiple avatar changes etc. which wasn't too far short of a disruption of service attack by forcing others to clean up the mess. Again, totally uncalled for after a disagreement on a forum.
darwin dali
Forum Queen

Post by darwin dali »

zurich_allan wrote:Absolutely spot on myownalias, that post hits the nail right on the head. I'm not a mod, and I have never been privy to what has gone on behind the scenes, but I have seen many of the posts by a good few of those who decided to leave who simply acted in a terrible fashion with how they decided to leave. Indefensible. I also saw the multiple avatar changes etc. which wasn't too far short of a disruption of service attack by forcing others to clean up the mess. Again, totally uncalled for after a disagreement on a forum.

...and you've never been in trouble for violating our guidelines, not even close to - just wanted to add that :)
zurich_allan

Post by zurich_allan »

darwin dali wrote:
zurich_allan wrote:Absolutely spot on myownalias, that post hits the nail right on the head. I'm not a mod, and I have never been privy to what has gone on behind the scenes, but I have seen many of the posts by a good few of those who decided to leave who simply acted in a terrible fashion with how they decided to leave. Indefensible. I also saw the multiple avatar changes etc. which wasn't too far short of a disruption of service attack by forcing others to clean up the mess. Again, totally uncalled for after a disagreement on a forum.

...and you've never been in trouble for violating our guidelines, not even close to - just wanted to add that :)

Which I don't think should be seen as anything special and it's quite sad that it is. It's purely because I write on a forum as I would speak to somebody face to face. Sadly a lot of people that I've seen on multiple forums don't seem to live by the same motto and post in a manner that were they to repeat face to face with somebody could land them in real hot water. It's just manners, nothing more or less.
racechick
Missing Mod

Post by racechick »

Well you should give a damn about how long people have been here, loyalty should not be disregarded lightly.

WB never abused his position as a moderator, so don't even try that one.

You are upset because you say banned members returned with a false account. I can understand you being upset at that. Can you now try to understand how it felt to work with a moderator who did that? Not a banned member, a moderator!!!!!!! Can you try to understand what it was like working in that environment and realising what a fool you were being made of. I reached out to F2004, tried to give him a chance, calm him down. Imagine how I felt to know it was Spanky. I can show his delightful reply to my attempt to help as well if you like.
Don't think you have the only right to anger and upset here!

Zurich, no you aren't a mod, and you haven't been privy to what went on behind the scenes, which makes your current fawning and sanctimonious responses hard to tolerate.
Last edited by racechick on 16 Mar 15, 23:51, edited 1 time in total.
Abe Lincoln

darwin dali
Forum Queen

Post by darwin dali »

zurich_allan wrote:
darwin dali wrote:

Which I don't think should be seen as anything special and it's quite sad that it is. It's purely because I write on a forum as I would speak to somebody face to face. Sadly a lot of people that I've seen on multiple forums don't seem to live by the same motto and post in a manner that were they to repeat face to face with somebody could land them in real hot water. It's just manners, nothing more or less.

Manners and a good dose of maturity.
darwin dali
Forum Queen

Post by darwin dali »

racechick wrote:
WB never abused his position as a moderator, so don't even try that one.

You're wrong. Read what MOA wrote. WB in his function as Group Admin for the Porsche group did many things that were nefarious, destructive, and very puerile. It took me quite a while to clean up his pile of dog poop that he left :rolleyes: