Oh, I see cookie got banned?

Make this site better with your ideas and suggestions.
RyRy
Posts: 1115
Joined: 30 Aug 09, 11:53

Re: Oh, I see cookie got banned?

Post by RyRy »

Why did he get banned... I want him back, he's one of the few that posts any logical comments.

I shall not post either until he's back.
Hammer278
Banned
Posts: 13126
Joined: 29 Mar 10, 10:05
Favourite Driver: The best in Formula 1.
Favourite Team: BMW DTM
Location: Land of Petronas

Re: Oh, I see cookie got banned?

Post by Hammer278 »

I'm with WB, I call :censored: bullsh!t. Enjoy the season opener the rest of yall.

Address the source of the problem for :censored: sake.
Breaking News: Lewis Hamilton has officially overtaken The Fonz in race wins. With 88 races less. Lol (Without a specially built blown diffuser, illegal front wing, preferential treatment)
Ichabod
Posts: 406
Joined: 01 Sep 10, 14:50

Re: Oh, I see cookie got banned?

Post by Ichabod »

I know I'm not a regular poster , but I have to say I echo the sentiments of the previous posts

I come to this forum to read factual debate and information, I'm not interested in a differing opinions, just because it's a different opinion for the sake of an argument or with no good reason or evidence.

So I think I'll probably find someplace new until the current forum issues are addressed
LRW
Banned
Posts: 6708
Joined: 28 Mar 11, 11:33
Favourite Driver: H.A.M
Favourite Team: AMG P-Dog
Location: in a glass case of emotion

Re: Oh, I see cookie got banned?

Post by LRW »

I think we can guess who banned him.

I personally am not a big fan of his. But he sure isn't the problem here.
Image
User avatar
myownalias
Mod
Posts: 9322
Joined: 27 May 09, 23:16
Favourite Driver: Jenson Button
Favourite Team: Williams
Location: Wichita, KS

Re: Oh, I see cookie got banned?

Post by myownalias »

This is my personal view and not necessarily the view of Forumula1, it's owners, admins or mods.

I banned CookinFlat6 because he picked up three warnings in a 3 month period, as per forum rules a two week fishing trip was enforced. The post that got him banned was a post that had nothing to do with the subject matter and was nothing but an attack on a driver designed to antagonize. In general my issue with CookinFlat6 is every other post he makes, although informative and accurate for the most part, it also tends to be full of snide remarks about certain teams/drivers and attacks on other members. That behavior can not be excused because he is well liked or posts interesting commentary, in simple terms, if CookinFlat6 heeded our in-thread warnings instead of continuing the same behavior, defying moderator requests, he wouldn't be banned!

You can all cry about CookinFlat6 not being the real cause and claim favortism towards one user or another, but the fact is that CookinFlat6 was acting like this; being disrespectful and aggressive towards fellow members, team and drivers way before the likes of Overboost and Sagi58 joined the forum. He will always have a beef with someone. If other members are breaking rules, there is a report button right there above each post. We investigate each report on it's own merit and take appropriate action. Moderators actually have lives, we don't spend that much time in relative terms on the forum, so we can only do so much and generally we let things flow, especially when it's six of one and half dozen of the other, simply adding some in-thread guidance.

Bottom line, if certain members want to vote with their feet, so be it, that's their prerogative, we will not be held to ransom. Should the owners/admins decide otherwise, it's time for me to leave Forumula1. I don't want to be part of a forum where anyone is allowed to say anything they want without repercussions.
myownaliasThe Englishman in KansasTwitter: @myownalias
LRW
Banned
Posts: 6708
Joined: 28 Mar 11, 11:33
Favourite Driver: H.A.M
Favourite Team: AMG P-Dog
Location: in a glass case of emotion

Re: Oh, I see cookie got banned?

Post by LRW »

Don't you mean leave again.

;)
Image
User avatar
myownalias
Mod
Posts: 9322
Joined: 27 May 09, 23:16
Favourite Driver: Jenson Button
Favourite Team: Williams
Location: Wichita, KS

Re: Oh, I see cookie got banned?

Post by myownalias »

LRW wrote:Don't you mean leave again.

;)

At this point if I did leave (again, as you pointed out), it wouldn't make a difference, I post so infrequently because of the constant argumentative BS ruining the forum that I won't be missed!

For the record, the ban expires on the 14th March, additionally, the first two warnings were not imposed by me, but I'll take the hate as I was the one that put the final nail in!
myownaliasThe Englishman in KansasTwitter: @myownalias
ang4f1
Posts: 226
Joined: 18 May 12, 09:59

Re: Oh, I see cookie got banned?

Post by ang4f1 »

That's a bummer... :thumbdown:

I know I don't post much, but...
Cooki writes great informative posts & polls :yes:

:confused: .....
What's Burning?
Banned
Posts: 21486
Joined: 24 Feb 10, 00:09
Favourite Driver: Lewis Hamilton, Nico Hulkenberg
Favourite Team: Porsche North America, Porsche LMP1
Location: PULL IN CASE OF FIRE

Re: Oh, I see cookie got banned?

Post by What's Burning? »

myownalias wrote: I don't want to be part of a forum where anyone is allowed to say anything they want without repercussions.


This comment bears disbelief.

I suggest you read it again and realize the irony in it because it illustrates exactly what's wrong with enforcing a site with double standards as the decision clearly shows. It's nice to see that I've got support here as some members messaged me via FB as said my post seemed to have gotten traction so I came to have look. I was starting to feel weird thinking that I was off base somehow in my viewpoint but that's clearly not the case given the responses of solidarity here.

IMO the thing that bothered you most about cookie was that he was relentless when it came to Button bashing. I know he can be grating, but If what you said had any validity whatsoever to it Sagi would have gone out right along with cookie for precisely the same complaints you've stated, no ands ifs or buts to it. Difficult to explain away that portion of the rational given your above quote. There is no parity in the treatment of the two members in question. Can't spin it any other way, sorry.
"I don't want to be part of a forum where everyone has differing opinions." Boom...
RyRy
Posts: 1115
Joined: 30 Aug 09, 11:53

Re: Oh, I see cookie got banned?

Post by RyRy »

ang4f1 wrote:That's a bummer... :thumbdown:

I know I don't post much, but...
Cooki writes great informative posts & polls :yes:

:confused: .....

He actually understands the sport, not many people do.

What's Burning? wrote:
myownalias wrote: I don't want to be part of a forum where anyone is allowed to say anything they want without repercussions.


This comment bears disbelief.

I suggest you read it again and realize the irony in it because it illustrates exactly what's wrong with enforcing a site with double standards as the decision clearly shows. It's nice to see that I've got support here as some members messaged me via FB as said my post seemed to have gotten traction so I came to have look. I was starting to feel weird thinking that I was off base somehow in my viewpoint but that's clearly not the case given the responses of solidarity here.

IMO the thing that bothered you most about cookie was that he was relentless when it came to Button bashing. I know he can be grating, but If what you said had any validity whatsoever to it Sagi would have gone out right along with cookie for precisely the same complaints you've stated, no ands ifs or buts to it. Difficult to explain away that portion of the rational given your above quote. There is no parity in the treatment of the two members in question. Can't spin it any other way, sorry.


I don't even know anyone outside of this forum, I disagree and agree with many members, I've disagreed with Cookin here and there but I still understand and can see that he's a huge contribution to this forum, sure he is controversial now and then but he's usually right.

He doesn't ignore BS which makes him appear aggressive and argumentative but he's just saying what many of us think.

Overboost and Sagi are stubborn and won't even try to understand opinions just like Cookin but at least Cookin thinks logically and makes good points.

I disagree with Cookin with his Button bashing but I don't hate him or anything.

I will only be posting in this thread just like WB, Ich and any others...

Such a shame for this to happen just before the start of the season
User avatar
myownalias
Mod
Posts: 9322
Joined: 27 May 09, 23:16
Favourite Driver: Jenson Button
Favourite Team: Williams
Location: Wichita, KS

Re: Oh, I see cookie got banned?

Post by myownalias »

No, the Button bashing was only the tip of the iceberg, there are hundreds of examples of him going into support threads leaving inflammatory comments. Bottom line is that Cookin ultimately received a ban because he ignored moderator requests twice, that was the first two warnings and the third was deliberate baiting and yes, in this case it was yet another attack on Button!

RyRy, it's not the agreeing or disagreeing with other members, it's the personal nature of Cookin's rebuttals, repeating the same rhetoric over and over like a broken record. I have nothing personal against Cookin, I don't even know the person behind the username, if he could remain civil, express his view and move on there would not be a problem. I know that Sagi and Overboost can be OTT at times as well, but not to the level that Cookin has been over his tenure here at Forumula1.com. If permanently banning Cookin, Sagi and Overboost would solve the issue, I would do it in a heartbeat. The members in this thread saying they will boycott the forum, that's just more to add to the list that have been driven away by Cookin, Sagi and Overboost.

WB, If we are going to play the "support" card, a number of newer members have PM'ed me after reading this thread, signally their support for Cookin's banning as they feel that he is one of the core problems with the forum. I won't name these users because clearly they don't personally identified for whatever reason... and as yet, Sagi or Overboost are not in that list!
myownaliasThe Englishman in KansasTwitter: @myownalias
Hammer278
Banned
Posts: 13126
Joined: 29 Mar 10, 10:05
Favourite Driver: The best in Formula 1.
Favourite Team: BMW DTM
Location: Land of Petronas

Re: Oh, I see cookie got banned?

Post by Hammer278 »

myownalias wrote:No, the Button bashing was only the tip of the iceberg, there are hundreds of examples of him going into support threads leaving inflammatory comments. Bottom line is that Cookin ultimately received a ban because he ignored moderator requests twice, that was the first two warnings and the third was deliberate baiting and yes, in this case it was yet another attack on Button!



Lol enough said.

The fact remains if Cookin got banned, its only fair the person who's been baiting (not just him) the whole way and making comments for the sake of commenting without any facts/understanding of the sport or how it works/blind passion following with zero logic.....should've left the door with him. Publicly, I've seen you handing out public warnings to both Cookin and Sagi but suddenly 1 guy (who doesn't like Button for logical reasons) is out the door and the other doesn't even have a warning as yet.

I smell a Duck. Not a fish...a fish is too subtle. :rolleyes:
Breaking News: Lewis Hamilton has officially overtaken The Fonz in race wins. With 88 races less. Lol (Without a specially built blown diffuser, illegal front wing, preferential treatment)
User avatar
zurich_allan
Posts: 1182
Joined: 11 Oct 08, 20:35
Location: Paisley, Scotland

Re: Oh, I see cookie got banned?

Post by zurich_allan »

It's not rocket science - three warnings = ban, and it's the same rule for everyone. People cannot be given special rules just because they otherwise post a lot of valuable contributions; it HAS to be the same rule for everyone. Sorry, but all the the ones complaining here are the ones in the wrong.
Favourite racing series: F1, Indycar, NASCAR, GP2, F3, Formula E, Trophee Andros, DTM, WTCC, BTCC, World Endurance... etc. etc.
User avatar
Jabberwocky
Mod
Posts: 16412
Joined: 31 Jul 07, 19:51
Favourite Driver: 5 Iron
Favourite Team: Williams
Location: Oxford

Re: Oh, I see cookie got banned?

Post by Jabberwocky »

Cookie's 3 warning have come from 3 different Mod/admin so blaming it all on MOA is unfair.

As already said we all know the rules 3 warnings = a ban.

As for saying other members should be banned for provoking him. Let's put that into context

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6381840

You want the flight attendant arrested and jailed as well?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Image
A racing car that does not win, is just art
LRW
Banned
Posts: 6708
Joined: 28 Mar 11, 11:33
Favourite Driver: H.A.M
Favourite Team: AMG P-Dog
Location: in a glass case of emotion

Re: Oh, I see cookie got banned?

Post by LRW »

But I think a lot of people's issues are that certain other members constantly bait and stir, but obviously do it too subtlety for the green jackets to notice, and get away with it.

MOAs claim about cookin' "repeating the same rhetoric over and over like a broken record." Can be applied to the two other protagonists just as well. But they don't even get a wrap over the knuckles.

Let me be clear. I don't really care for Cookins posting style much, so this isn't me just sticking up for 'my side'. But he is not the only issue in this forum. Some other users and green jackets need to look at how they contribute and maybe wake up a bit.
Image