Four letter words

Make this site better with your ideas and suggestions.
CookinFlat6
Banned
Favourite Driver: Hamiltonian
Favourite Team: HDL

Re: Four letter words

Post by CookinFlat6 »

LewEngBridewell wrote:Once, earlier this year, I got a stern reply from spankyham in the Bernie Ecclestone thread, informing me to blot out ALL letters in four-letter swear words, so "younger fans" won't see it, and can duly pretend such words do not exist.

See message below.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13284&p=398347#p398347

I've already caught spanky commiting exactly the same crime already this year:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13343&p=399383&hilit=+four+letter#p399383

And he's just done it AGAIN in the Italian Grand Prix thread:

spankyham wrote:It's gonna be such a relief that the Lewis fanbois will be sedated by this win and we won't have to endure all the cr4p ... at least until the next race. I so wish I could somehow get Lewis into Ferrari but loose his loon fan fringe.

Now, whereas I got a bollocking for using this language, I've seen many other members, including moderators like WB also use such language, and get away without being reprimanded like a child.

I think it's now time to either ACCEPT that such a rule is unenforceable, or, reprimand all offenders with a patronising message, rather than a selected few.

Lew, we almost had to put up with spanky summarily deciding that names have to be capitalised, and SPELT correctly :rofl:

and we are lucky that another spank initiative - 'you may not argue FI with moderators in the open forum' got pooh poohed by the others

and ofcourse baiting is illegal if you do it back to him, when he does it - its a joke, but when he gets it back - its no longer funny but 'intentionally provoking others'

I mean this is baiting Lewis fans full stop
spankyham wrote:It's gonna be such a relief that the Lewis fanbois will be sedated by this win and we won't have to endure all the cr4p ... at least until the next race. I so wish I could somehow get Lewis into Ferrari but loose his loon fan fringe.

Now if I was to respond to it then it becomes 'provoking fans of other teams' why? because my post would likely be more detailed and longer - loon fan fringe?

The thing about others like WB using terms or doing things is that they DONT turn around when they are losing to enforce the rules

I have a feeling a collection of spankys 'eccentric' enthusiasm in 'enforcement initiatives' will make a great film, or book or article one day soon as every member of any type of forum will surely appreciate the humorous side
2014 Monster 26x Bookie Mugger
2015, 2016 WDC: LH44
Jabberwocky
Mod
Favourite Driver: 5 Iron
Favourite Team: Williams

Post by Jabberwocky »

This thread is to clarify the swearing rule. There is no need to bring smouldering vendetta ' s into it.

If anyone feels a mod is abusing their powers then feel free to dicuss it with a member of admin.

Sent using NCC-1701
A racing car that does not win, is just art
CookinFlat6
Banned
Favourite Driver: Hamiltonian
Favourite Team: HDL

Post by CookinFlat6 »

I must admit, I read the original post and just assumed it was a free for all and let loose

Also I dont do smouldering, only simmering
2014 Monster 26x Bookie Mugger
2015, 2016 WDC: LH44
Jabberwocky
Mod
Favourite Driver: 5 Iron

Post by Jabberwocky »

As long as it does not boil over :-)

Sent using NCC-1701
A racing car that does not win, is just art
sagi58
Favourite Driver: He Who Drives for Ferrari!!
Favourite Team: Scuderia Ferrari

Post by sagi58 »

You only get four letters?

That's it? :banghead:
ImageAfter the agony of defeat, success will be sweet!
Hammer278
Banned
Favourite Driver: The best in Formula 1.
Favourite Team: BMW DTM

Post by Hammer278 »

sagi58 wrote:You only get four letters?

Yeah, spare a thought for sagi...she needs more! :irked:

Aw m_a cu_ _a !!

That's like 10 letters.
Breaking News: Lewis Hamilton has officially overtaken The Fonz in race wins. With 88 races less. Lol (Without a specially built blown diffuser, illegal front wing, preferential treatment)
LRW
Banned
Favourite Driver: H.A.M
Favourite Team: AMG P-Dog

Post by LRW »

What's Burning? wrote:
LRW wrote:Lew I'm with you. I also got a bollocking from spanks because he got upset by my language. And then three days later was chucking expletives about. So I just ignored it and carried on in my usual colourful way.

Keep it up... that's exactly how Andrew started down the wrong path. :twisted:

I refer the good gentleman to my Signature.

:wink:
sagi58
Favourite Driver: He Who Drives for Ferrari!!
Favourite Team: Scuderia Ferrari

Post by sagi58 »

Hammer278 wrote:
sagi58 wrote:You only get four letters?

Yeah, spare a thought for sagi...she needs more! :irked:

Aw m_a cu_ _a !!

That's like 10 letters.

Uh-huh... and that's like two words!! :whip:
ImageAfter the agony of defeat, success will be sweet!
racechick
Missing Mod
Favourite Driver: Lewis Hamilton
Favourite Team: Mercedes AMG Petronas

Post by racechick »

Sorry for the delay folks!

We've debated long and hard about how to deal with swearing/ inappropriate words on the forum and have come to the conclusion that most members manage pretty well by blocking all or part of the word themselves.
Like this cxxx xxxx crxx cxxp.
Simply putting spaces between the letters like this ( c r a p ) is not acceptable.
If you inadvertently include a swear word it should be picked up by the word censor or will be edited out by a mod. If you deliberately and persistently make no attempt to edit letters out of swear words that will incur a warning.

We are trusting you all to be sensible about this, it is not an invitation to use inappropriate language towards other members of the forum, in no way will that be tolerated. Neither is it an invitation to constantly include swear words in your posts.
Lew , can we thank you for bringing these inconsistencies to our notice, and LRW for giving us the 'hurry-up' .
Hope this has cleared it up.
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Abe Lincoln

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abe Lincoln
What's Burning?
Banned
Favourite Driver: Lewis Hamilton, Nico Hulkenberg
Favourite Team: Porsche North America, Porsche LMP1

Post by What's Burning? »

racechick wrote:long and hard

all words can be inappropriate taken out of context.
"I don't want to be part of a forum where everyone has differing opinions." Boom...
racechick
Missing Mod

Post by racechick »

What's Burning? wrote:
racechick wrote:long and hard

all words can be inappropriate taken out of context.

And I'm generally the one providing ample opportunity for words to be taken out of context. :thumbup:
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Abe Lincoln

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abe Lincoln
CigarGuy
Favourite Driver: Alonso/Button
Favourite Team: McLaren

Post by CigarGuy »

Are we talking American words/spellings or English too.......? :wink:
Sounds reasonable. I don't swear....well.......not in mixed company...
Speaking English as a second language
What's Burning?
Banned
Favourite Driver: Lewis Hamilton, Nico Hulkenberg
Favourite Team: Porsche North America, Porsche LMP1

Post by What's Burning? »

speaking of swearing I've always heard that the language you curse in (if you're multilingual) is the language you consider your native tongue. Nico clearly cursed Nelsino out in English.
"I don't want to be part of a forum where everyone has differing opinions." Boom...
myownalias
Mod
Favourite Driver: Jenson Button

Post by myownalias »

What's Burning? wrote:speaking of swearing I've always heard that the language you curse in (if you're multilingual) is the language you consider your native tongue. Nico clearly cursed Nelsino out in English.

Speaking of which, whenever we go to a foreign country, why do we always want to learn the swear words first?
myownaliasThe Englishman in KansasTwitter: @myownalias
racechick
Missing Mod

Post by racechick »

What's Burning? wrote:speaking of swearing I've always heard that the language you curse in (if you're multilingual) is the language you consider your native tongue. Nico clearly cursed Nelsino out in English.

Maybe we just swear better :hehe:
Abe Lincoln