Emails

Make this site better with your ideas and suggestions.
racechick
Missing Mod
Favourite Driver: Lewis Hamilton
Favourite Team: Mercedes AMG Petronas

Emails

Post by racechick »

After about 7 years on this forum, suddenly I'm getting emails when anyone replies to my post. Which is really sweet, except my emails are barely under control at the best of times ( eh Stonemonkey :hehe: ) now they are in complete meltdown . I have no chance whatsoever of getting on top of emails and finding the one amongst the hundreds that may be important.
Anyone remember me mentioning ' Afro Introductions' , they're still desperate to find me a partner despite me never ever having contacted them or replied to any emails. Amazon love to tell me what I want to buy. I get emails from a union I used to belong to, vistaprint love me, ebay are pretty keen, lots of holiday places like a friendly chat, Grand Prix legends are in on the act, a few bloggers and a whole host of people I have no idea who they are.
Anyway, why forumula1 has decided to get up close and personal on the email front, I' m not quite sure. Does anyone else get this? Is it a new thing? Or have I had finger trouble again? More importantly, is there anyway I can stop it happening and gain a modicum of control over my email life?
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Abe Lincoln

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abe Lincoln
LRW
Banned
Favourite Driver: H.A.M
Favourite Team: AMG P-Dog

Re: Emails

Post by LRW »

Finger trouble for you.
Jabberwocky
Mod
Favourite Driver: 5 Iron
Favourite Team: Williams

Post by Jabberwocky »

I have more than 1 email address. One for humans and one for websites.

Sent using NCC-1701
A racing car that does not win, is just art
racechick
Missing Mod

Post by racechick »

I can imagine the mess I'd be in with two emails. I have various things I've joined up to and forgotten the name and password Ive given, then if you try to join again ,you can't , it becomes a mess. BI'm trying to become slimline re joining things.
So do you guys emails form here? Can I stop them coming?
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Abe Lincoln

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abe Lincoln
stonemonkey
Missing Mod
Favourite Driver: Bernie
Favourite Team: Connaught

Post by stonemonkey »

Have you got anything in the list in 'manage subscriptions' in your user control panel?
To use my phone in the car I deleted all my German contacts, it's now Hans free.
racechick
Missing Mod

Post by racechick »

Lol I can just imagine the mess I'd get in with two email addresses. I tend to join things, forget my user name, forget my password and then when I try to join if again, because I've forgotten I'm joined already and what I'm called and stuff like that, it doesn't let me join. So I think I'm better sticking with one .
do you guys get emails from here?
Abe Lincoln

racechick
Missing Mod

Post by racechick »

stonemonkey wrote:Have you got anything in the list in 'manage subscriptions' in your user control panel?

Oooo. I'll go have a look.
Abe Lincoln

racechick
Missing Mod

Post by racechick »

racechick wrote:
stonemonkey wrote:Have you got anything in the list in 'manage subscriptions' in your user control panel?

Oooo. I'll go have a look.

YES! in that place it says I'm not subscribed to any forums but there's a whole lot of topics I'm subscribed to and can click a button and unsubscribe .......each one. If I do that will it stop the emails? Because emails aren't mentioned, just subscriptions. It won't stop me getting on the topics on here will it.?
Abe Lincoln

stonemonkey
Missing Mod
Favourite Driver: Bernie
Favourite Team: Connaught

Post by stonemonkey »

Are the topics listed there the ones you get email notifications about?

I've not used it so don't know how it works but I think removing them from that list will just stop the notifications. wont stop you from seeing anything on the forum
To use my phone in the car I deleted all my German contacts, it's now Hans free.
racechick
Missing Mod

Post by racechick »

I didn't even know it was there, this facility to get emails. It must have got turned on by accident. This is what the emails say..

Hello racechick,

You are receiving this notification because you are watching the topic,
"Lewis V Nico. battle on!" at "Forumula1.com". This topic has received a
reply since your last visit. You can use the following link to view the
replies made, no more notifications will be sent until you visit the topic.

If you want to view the newest post made since your last visit, click the
following link:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13404&p=412970&e=412970

If you want to view the topic, click the following link:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13404

If you want to view the forum, click the following link:
viewforum.php?f=2

If you no longer wish to watch this topic you can either click the
"Unsubscribe topic" link found at the bottom of the topic above, or by
clicking the following link:

viewtopic.php?uid=513&f=2&t=13404&unwatch=topic

I think I should just go and click them all in that ' manage subscription' place do you? I was just worried it would stop me getting on to those topics, like I was unsubscribing from ever seeing them on here.
Abe Lincoln

LRW
Banned

Post by LRW »

RC. The email seems to tell you all you need to know.

(Sorry I'm on the strongbow and this is as much effort as I can muster to help)
racechick
Missing Mod

Post by racechick »

Strongbow! Yummy! I'm way too sober, due to early start tomorrow morning. 4 am.

Yes you would think it tells me everything but I don't know what I'm un subscribing from? The forum?
Why doesn't it say, do you want go stop gettng emails? I'm off to press those buttons anyway. If I never ever come on here again, you'll know it's all gone wrong,
Abe Lincoln

LRW
Banned

Post by LRW »

Don't delete the whole Internet! !!!
racechick
Missing Mod

Post by racechick »

I'm unsubscribed from everything and I'm still here :thumbup:
Abe Lincoln

Jabberwocky
Mod
Favourite Driver: 5 Iron
Favourite Team: Williams

Post by Jabberwocky »

LRW wrote:Don't delete the whole Internet! !!!

Lol

Sent using NCC-1701
A racing car that does not win, is just art