To us!

Make this site better with your ideas and suggestions.
racechick
Missing Mod
Favourite Driver: Lewis Hamilton
Favourite Team: Mercedes AMG Petronas

To us!

Post by racechick »

There has been much talk of doom and gloom in the world of f1,With falling viewing figures on TV and grandstands and less participation on forums. But I think in this time of change we have much to celebrate. We had a stonker of a race at the weekend. There's been a shake up in the established order of things, some winners and some losers. But this time I think f1 is the winner.
As a mod (mods) we sometimes have to whip you lot into shape. But this is a thank you to all our forum members for tneir contributions. I think since the season started we have a lot more people posting. I'd like to put it down to the fantastic facilities we have here :D but I suspect it's more to do with the exciting prospects we have on the track. Anyway, a bigTHANK YOU to..........
..All our regular posters who post day in, day out giving us information, debate or just chit chat ( you know who you are :) )

..Our members who dib in and out as the topics interest them ( you know who you are too :) )

..some of our longest standing members who are posting more frequently. That's great to see. Special mention here to Bud and Lewengbridewel, :thumbup: and to the return of our Ferrari girl AKR, who has given us information,laughs and headaches. Let's see more of you AKR!

..to our recent members, CyrilSneerRacing, g4racer, RichieRooster :thumbup: keep the contributions coming!

.....and to the many new members who have signed up this season but as yet are perhaps a little shy to post. We'd love to hear from you!

And to anyone I've missed...thank you for your contributions to our forum. :D

:grouphug:

You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Abe Lincoln

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abe Lincoln
What's Burning?
Banned
Favourite Driver: Lewis Hamilton, Nico Hulkenberg
Favourite Team: Porsche North America, Porsche LMP1

Re: To us!

Post by What's Burning? »

...mmm there's a new member named "foxylady". :hehe:
"I don't want to be part of a forum where everyone has differing opinions." Boom...
racechick
Missing Mod

Post by racechick »

What's Burning? wrote:...mmm there's a new member named "foxylady". :hehe:

Yes, I noticed. I've pm'd her a welcome :D
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Abe Lincoln

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abe Lincoln
LewEngBridewell
DD owns my a$$
Favourite Team: McLaren

Post by LewEngBridewell »

racechick wrote:..some of our longest standing members who are posting more frequently. That's great to see. Special mention here to Bud and Lewengbridewel, :thumbup:

Thankyou!!!!! :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

I always have a lot of love for this place, and the forum looks as healthy as ever. I remember a recent comment by my good friend Jabberwocky:

Jabberwocky wrote:Well even if you look at the traffic on this forum. The last 3 3-4 years has seen the active membership dwindle to what we have now. We used to to have well over 100 posts a day

Well, the forum has seen (as of 10 minutes ago) 179 posts over the last 24 hours. :thumbup: :thumbup:

One thing I feel I should point out though.

This forum would get even more traffic if it ranked highly on Google search. When I joined, 3 years ago, I was taken to this place by looking for an F1 forum via Google. Now, when I type "F1 forum" or "Formula 1 forum" into Google, this website does not appear on the opening page of searches.

Any way to rectify this?
Race wins: 181 Drivers' titles: 12 Constructors' titles: 8
Fantasy F1 Team = Bridewell Palace Racing
CookinFlat6
Banned
Favourite Driver: Hamiltonian
Favourite Team: HDL

Post by CookinFlat6 »

And it's refreshing to have a forum where the mods are F1 fans first, moderators second and partisan supporters third allowing fair and useful discussions to flourish

It also helps that the rules are precise and not subject to subjective interpretations like how much they can be breached and by whom and when

Just like bar staff help create the atmosphere in a bar so do mods and admins on a forum and I think I speak on behalf of many when I say there is a great balance and atmosphere hear not found on some other sites

Well done to all of you who make the effort to be fair and balanced and special thanks to RC, WB and DD who do 2 way banter along with the best :thumbup:
2014 Monster 26x Bookie Mugger
2015, 2016 WDC: LH44
bud
Shrub
Favourite Driver: Ayrton Senna, Lewis Hamilton
Favourite Team: McLaren

Post by bud »

:cloggynmarki: Scoll
geetface9
Favourite Driver: Mark Webber
Favourite Team: Ferrari

Post by geetface9 »

skeet skeet n$#@!s
Not bad for a #2 driver
LRW
Banned
Favourite Driver: H.A.M
Favourite Team: AMG P-Dog

Post by LRW »

To be honest, I think mention should be made to me. I am great.
What's Burning?
Banned

I think bearded posters rule!
"I don't want to be part of a forum where everyone has differing opinions." Boom...
LRW
Banned
Favourite Driver: H.A.M
Favourite Team: AMG P-Dog

Post by LRW »

What's Burning? wrote:I think bearded posters rule!

Can we get our own sub-forum. And have brown names?
Jabberwocky
Mod
Favourite Driver: 5 Iron
Favourite Team: Williams

Post by Jabberwocky »

Brown with ginger bits

Sent using NCC-1701
A racing car that does not win, is just art
What's Burning?
Banned

And white bits.
Nin-Chin

Post by Nin-Chin »

racechick wrote:
..Our members who dib in and out as the topics interest them ( you know who you are too :) )

:grouphug:

Yeah that's me nowadays..

I remember I was abroad in Tanzania(where my parents come from) I was viewing this forum with the limited internet I had there(so expensive) and really enjoyed it so when I got back I registered straight away!
A fan of many forms of motorsport. Also made the first post in 2014 on this forum.
zurich_allan

Post by zurich_allan »

I've always thought of this forum as being the best for F1 with a great mix of on and off topic threads. Even though I don't necessarily always have time to post much, I read several threads every day. :)

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Favourite racing series: F1, Indycar, NASCAR, GP2, F3, Formula E, Trophee Andros, DTM, WTCC, BTCC, World Endurance... etc. etc.
Jabberwocky
Mod
Favourite Driver: 5 Iron
Favourite Team: Williams

Post by Jabberwocky »

What's Burning? wrote:And white bits.

That wasn't my beard

Sent using NCC-1701
A racing car that does not win, is just art