consolidation of topics in that's "driver/team" threads

Make this site better with your ideas and suggestions.
racechick
Missing Mod
Favourite Driver: Lewis Hamilton
Favourite Team: Mercedes AMG Petronas

Re: consolidation of topics in that's "driver/team" threads

Post by racechick »

acosmichippo wrote:Glad to see we can have a mature discussion about the site.

f***ing ridiculous. what's the point of having moderators who don't moderate?

What do you mean by that? We spent a long time deciding to go to the designated driver and team threads to make it easier for people, especially newer people, to find information, or make a point they want to make in an appropriate place. Your views are taken on board , and thank you for posting them. We are always looking to see if we do things the best way or should we change? but we will not make an immediate switch in the forum layout based on just your views. We would need to talk about it and weigh it up and get other views. However the forum is layed out there will always be cross over topics. There were already lots of driver and team threads, but they were scattered everywhere, we've just put them together for ease of finding them.
I'm not sure what the forum layout has to do with your comment that the moderators don't moderate?
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Abe Lincoln

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abe Lincoln
CookinFlat6
Banned
Favourite Driver: Hamiltonian
Favourite Team: HDL

Post by CookinFlat6 »

acosmichippo wrote:Glad to see we can have a mature discussion about the site.

f***ing ridiculous. what's the point of having moderators who don't moderate?

Perhaps you could show us an instance when a mod didnt moderate. Or maybe you prefer the mods only to participate to moderate. Or do you mean moderation should be done by other members, say someone like yourself?

It appears to me that apart from the green jackets there is another layer of member who do more complaining or quasi moderating than any meaningful contribution to F1 debate

For example we have a member whose sole contribution to a particular driver thread is criticism of other members

How does it increase wider participation on the site to post these complaints, whats wrong with pm :confused:
2014 Monster 26x Bookie Mugger
2015, 2016 WDC: LH44
acosmichippo
Favourite Driver: Sabine Schmitz

Post by acosmichippo »

at the time I made that comment, 8/12 posts in this thread were inane, off-topic jokes about Lewis, including one by a moderator. that's what I mean. If this is how the forum is intended to be moderated, I want no part of it.
Fantasy Team
VET, BUT, DIR(T), SUT
Red Bull, Toro Rosso/Ferrari
LRW
Banned
Favourite Driver: H.A.M
Favourite Team: AMG P-Dog

Post by LRW »

s*** me. People are making jokes!! It's fecking disgraceful!!!!! :banghead:

And one of thems a moderate. I mean. Moderators making jokes. Wtf next!! WWIII?
1Lemon
Favourite Driver: The Finnish driver that actually talks
Favourite Team: Williams Grand Prix Engineering

Post by 1Lemon »

Off topic jokes or mini conversations are fine, and a nice bit of banter, but it's when the threads derail into page after page of circular discussions that something should be done. The moderators are allowed to take part in conversations too but after several pages should probably re-rail the conversation.
Mark my words, Bottas will be world champion by 2020 - Me 24/11/14

"Inherently, we at Williams just want to win races. We love going motor racing, we have a real passion for it and that never diminishes." Claire Williams
What's Burning?
Banned
Favourite Driver: Lewis Hamilton, Nico Hulkenberg
Favourite Team: Porsche North America, Porsche LMP1

Post by What's Burning? »

acosmichippo wrote:at the time I made that comment, 8/12 posts in this thread were inane, off-topic jokes about Lewis, including one by a moderator. that's what I mean. If this is how the forum is intended to be moderated, I want no part of it.

Sorry you feel that way, but I do apologize, it certainly wasn't my intent to diminish your intent. I made the request you create the thread in earnest since it had value. What better way to get feedback? On the off topic joke, I feel as if I wouldn't come to this place if it wasn't for the off topic jokes. The membership feels just like a happy dysfunctional family.
"I don't want to be part of a forum where everyone has differing opinions." Boom...
Hammer278
Banned
Favourite Driver: The best in Formula 1.
Favourite Team: BMW DTM

Post by Hammer278 »

1Lemon wrote:Image

One of the best gifs I've seen. Ok you're not andrew, andrew sucked a$$ with gifs/memes. :hehe:
Breaking News: Lewis Hamilton has officially overtaken The Fonz in race wins. With 88 races less. Lol (Without a specially built blown diffuser, illegal front wing, preferential treatment)
1Lemon
Favourite Driver: The Finnish driver that actually talks
Favourite Team: Williams Grand Prix Engineering

Post by 1Lemon »

Hammer278 wrote:
1Lemon wrote:Image

One of the best gifs I've seen. Ok you're not andrew, andrew sucked a$$ with gifs/memes. :hehe:

I found it on my Dropbox and thought 'I have to use this!'
Mark my words, Bottas will be world champion by 2020 - Me 24/11/14

"Inherently, we at Williams just want to win races. We love going motor racing, we have a real passion for it and that never diminishes." Claire Williams