FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
It's like any new innovation, there's going to be a few hiccups along the way. Eventually though, we're going to look at each other and say, "What did we do before......!".

Simon Cowell!!! :P
It's like any new innovation, there's going to be a few hiccups along the way. Eventually though, we're going to look at each other and say, "What did we do before......!".

Simon Cowell!!! :P

:rofl::rofl:
That will be very cool when it comes along but I think 18 months is being a little optimistic.

Yeah, 18 months is a very very unrealistic timeframe.
and hopefully holography will be out.

I read something about that in the paper a few months ago, should be very interesting to see how it looks. I believe the article mentioned that it would be atleast be about 5yr's before it was market ready.
Gotta be honest, I think holography is going to be thoroughly underwhelming. The early demos I've seen of it are pretty pants.
Well, still no holographic TV and no practical glasses free 3D systems. Anyone else gone 3D?
Had mine for a few months now and like it for the occasional movie and a bit of gaming, nature documentaries look amazing shot in 3D.
It's not something I use particularly often but glad I got it and have the option.
I went for passive too, the only downside being the reduced resolution but that was far outweighed by the advantages over active IMO. Not got 2D-3D conversion but not really too bothered by that.

One thing I think though, things like nature programme have been shot with camera setups to suit TVs and look fantastic on the tv whereas movies have been shot with setups to suit large cinema screens so when viewed on TV the 3D effect can be a bit weaker. A bigger screen is definitely an advantage there, I've seen stuff on a 55 or 56" screen and it is a bit better than my 42".

See our F1 related articles too!