FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
It was a prototype so it never went into production. I think they thought tanks were going to need to become ever more massive (like the Germans were working on the Maus). But really tanks needed to be a bit more manueverable and mobile and the Tog2 really isn't... in fact it was so heavy that when it was built, they could only weigh half of it at a time :hehe:

The Tog2 has two very cool features: It hasn't got a gearbox or mechanical transmission - it uses electric motors to drive the tracks. It's tracks are also built in a way to allow more space for the crew and engine - if you look at the tracks, they drop down into a tunnel beneath the floor to allow for the extra space and this is an unusual setup for a tank.

I get the feeling it isn't well liked at the museum though - one of the curators called it '80 tonnes of scrap metal' when we asked where it was. And the OH asked at the shop if there was any Tog merchandise and the guy sighed and said no, as if he gets asked that a lot. The World of Tanks game has a lot to answer for :D
By Jabberwocky
Maybe it was like the submarines of the time. Diesel Gennys to charge the batteries. Then run on battery when underwater so as not to kill the crew with fumes.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
By elfinitty
I went to school today and it was really boring.Except for the lunch though,I had a conversation with my friend that made me emotional.

So we both live far from school,for me the closest campus is like at least an hour away and she lives even further.People I talk to at school generally live close to there and they don't know much about the side of the city I live in but she does so we talk about the places sometimes.I suddenly asked her:''Do you live close to Istanbul Park?'' She said not very close but not very far either,same for me.I answered:''I went there a couple of years ago for the F1 race.It was amazing there.'' then we continued talking but all of a sudden after I said it I remembered the time I went there was in May.''When in May?'' I thought.''6th...6th of May 2011 was the first when I went there.A rainy and chilly day unlike the hot and sunny today.Exactly 4 years ago...It was a great experience in my life and it feels less sad that my counrty lost the GP now as time passed.But still I wish I could say an F1 race was happening not far to me.I wish I had the chance to go to a race again.
By 1Lemon
I got this today!!!! [emoji3]

By 1Lemon
What? A sideways kid? I want one, too!

I have no idea why that picture has rotated itself lol
By sagi58
:clap:

Very nice shirt!!

I'd say I wanted one; but, I'd rather have another Ferrari shirt!! :wink:
By sagi58
I busted my knee about a month ago.
Thought it was "only" a pulled muscle.
Waiting on an MRI to determine the real
extent of the damage.

In the meantime, I'm lucky there are drugs. :(
By Jabberwocky
I fell asleep the last time I had an MRI scan. The rythem was like a giant cat purring

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
By darwin dali
extent of the damage.

sagi the druggie 8-)
By sagi58
extent of the damage.

sagi the druggie 8-)

Prescription?? hahaha.... oook!! :rofl:
By stonemonkey
extent of the damage.

sagi the druggie 8-)

Prescription?? hahaha.... oook!! :rofl:

Better with non prescription, some of them'll have you up and dancing around on that busted knee in no time.

See our F1 related articles too!