FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
I've booked tickets for the 2010 race with camping tickets for the family campsite as well. Its been 15 years since I went to Silverstone and that was only for the raceday (turn up in car and queue at 4amm including getting smashed at the beer tent!) I doubt that anything is really different inside, bar the cost and where I intent to sit, but I know nothing about the campsite apart from its the family/quieter one, 250 m from the enterance at club and basic facilities. Missus and kids are coming with us, so could anybody help me on advice on where it is exactly, what the noise actually is like there, what the facilities really are like and the pitfalls of having booked there, do's/donts, anything bar the earplugs and usul camping equipment I would take camping anyway ( done a few camping holidays in my time!)

Hi. I camp every year at Windmills campsite, its fairly quiet and close to the track(Copse corner). Have a sift through this topic, which was going before Silvesrtone last year, you may find useful info in here-its quite long and does contain a lot of chit chat but it might be helpful... If you need more info pm me and I'll try to help.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5163&start=0&hilit=Silverstone+Silverstone+Silverstone+tips

See our F1 related articles too!