***Top Gear Alert***

Just as it says...
7UpJordan

Re: ***Top Gear Alert***

Post by 7UpJordan »

gilles27 wrote:I personally struggle to get too excited about Aston Martins, I mean they look nice in a tasteful, modern, clinical kind of way but I think they look dated sooner than their contemporaries and they've never been any good to drive quickly.

I don't see the big fuss over them either, personally I feel they're very overrated and tend to get bought by poncy Premiership footballers these days.
"And Mansell was lucky not to be taken off by that RIDICULOUS bit of driving by Alliot!!" - James Hunt
"AAAAAND into the pitlane..... OHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!" - Murray Walker
RA Dunk

Post by RA Dunk »

poncy overated or what ever i would have one of those he tested last night in a heartbeat! :D
"Nice accent, where u from ?" Austria ! "well in that case, g'day mate, throw another shrimp on the barbie!"
Gaz
Banned

Post by Gaz »

i'd prefer that Superchaged VXR.

the SOUND of that supercharger was awsome.
Gilles 27

Post by Gilles 27 »

7UpJordan wrote:
gilles27 wrote:I personally struggle to get too excited about Aston Martins, I mean they look nice in a tasteful, modern, clinical kind of way but I think they look dated sooner than their contemporaries and they've never been any good to drive quickly.

I don't see the big fuss over them either, personally I feel they're very overrated and tend to get bought by poncy Premiership footballers these days.

Yeh they're a bit 'new money' if you know what I mean. And you don't see recent Astons finding their way into serious collections either, not like Porsches seem to.

I'm not a fan of supercharger whine, Longbow. It gets on my tits. IMO, Jaguar ruined the XKR by making the supercharger louder to appeal to...Australians I guess...?
welshie

Post by welshie »

I :heart: superchargers! The whine is glorious! :cloud9:

Just watch and listen - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejH1GS9hK2E - :thumbup:
“ An infinite number of mathematicians walk into a bar. The first one orders a beer. The second orders half a beer. The third, a quarter of a beer. The bartender says “You’re all idiots”, and pours two beers.
scotty
Favourite Driver: My GCSE Chemistry Teacher John Driver

Post by scotty »

V12 sound > Supercharger whine by such a massive, massive margin i don't even know where to start. That's not to say superchargers suck though! :thumbup:
Rising number one of Formula 1, Juan - Juan, one wonders should Juan only win one Formula 1 one year, would Juan have won that one in round one, Juan??
welshie

Post by welshie »

scotty wrote:V12 sound > Supercharger whine by such a massive, massive margin i don't even know where to start. That's not to say superchargers suck though! :thumbup:

I'd choose V12 any day of the week in all honesty. :thumbup:
“ An infinite number of mathematicians walk into a bar. The first one orders a beer. The second orders half a beer. The third, a quarter of a beer. The bartender says “You’re all idiots”, and pours two beers.
Gaz
Banned

Post by Gaz »

scotty wrote:V12 sound > Supercharger whine by such a massive, massive margin i don't even know where to start. That's not to say superchargers suck though! :thumbup:

No no i agree, but thats kinda like, comparing Cavier to a really good steak.

I mean The steaks nice and everything and you can afford to have a really good one once in a while.

But the Caviar is just somthing you might not ever have..

ok its a really s*** annology but you get what i mean? right..Right? :P
Gilles 27

Post by Gilles 27 »

i get what you mean but i also think that the N/A Jag V8 sounds better than the charger.
sagi58
Favourite Driver: He Who Drives for Ferrari!!
Favourite Team: Scuderia Ferrari

Post by sagi58 »

I did a search and sure enough I found a Top Gear thread!!
Figured I'd post this here:

On Image Staff wrote:Jordan moves into BBC Top Gear role

Eddie Jordan has taken on a role with the revamped BBC show Top Gear following the broadcaster's early termination of its Formula 1 television contract, it was confirmed on Thursday.

BBC chiefs have been gradually putting together a new team for a reboot of the popular programme, following the departures of Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May.

Ex-Formula 1 team owner Jordan will join lead presenter Chris Evans, actor Matt LeBlanc, German racing driver Sabine Schmitz, motoring journalist Chris Harris and car reviewer Rory Reid.

"I'm giddy with excitement to be joining Chris and the team," said Jordan.

"Cars are in my DNA and although I've been fortunate enough to accomplish most things I ever aspired to in motorsport, presenting Top Gear is quite simply the icing on the cake."

Jordan acted as a pundit for the BBC's Formula 1 coverage from 2009-2015, but the BBC terminated its deal over the winter, with Channel 4 taking free-to-air rights for the UK.

David Coulthard has been announced as the first member of Channel 4's on-screen line-up, though former BBC host Suzi Perry recently ruled out following him to the company.

ImageAfter the agony of defeat, success will be sweet!