FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
By 7UpJordan
I personally struggle to get too excited about Aston Martins, I mean they look nice in a tasteful, modern, clinical kind of way but I think they look dated sooner than their contemporaries and they've never been any good to drive quickly.

I don't see the big fuss over them either, personally I feel they're very overrated and tend to get bought by poncy Premiership footballers these days.
By RA Dunk
poncy overated or what ever i would have one of those he tested last night in a heartbeat! :D
By Gilles 27
I personally struggle to get too excited about Aston Martins, I mean they look nice in a tasteful, modern, clinical kind of way but I think they look dated sooner than their contemporaries and they've never been any good to drive quickly.

I don't see the big fuss over them either, personally I feel they're very overrated and tend to get bought by poncy Premiership footballers these days.

Yeh they're a bit 'new money' if you know what I mean. And you don't see recent Astons finding their way into serious collections either, not like Porsches seem to.

I'm not a fan of supercharger whine, Longbow. It gets on my tits. IMO, Jaguar ruined the XKR by making the supercharger louder to appeal to...Australians I guess...?
By scotty
V12 sound > Supercharger whine by such a massive, massive margin i don't even know where to start. That's not to say superchargers suck though! :thumbup:
By welshie
V12 sound > Supercharger whine by such a massive, massive margin i don't even know where to start. That's not to say superchargers suck though! :thumbup:

I'd choose V12 any day of the week in all honesty. :thumbup:
By Gaz

No no i agree, but thats kinda like, comparing Cavier to a really good steak.

I mean The steaks nice and everything and you can afford to have a really good one once in a while.

But the Caviar is just somthing you might not ever have..

ok its a really s*** annology but you get what i mean? right..Right? :P
By sagi58
I did a search and sure enough I found a Top Gear thread!!
Figured I'd post this here:

Staff wrote:">Jordan moves into BBC Top Gear role

Eddie Jordan has taken on a role with the revamped BBC show Top Gear following the broadcaster's early termination of its Formula 1 television contract, it was confirmed on Thursday.

BBC chiefs have been gradually putting together a new team for a reboot of the popular programme, following the departures of Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May.

Ex-Formula 1 team owner Jordan will join lead presenter Chris Evans, actor Matt LeBlanc, German racing driver Sabine Schmitz, motoring journalist Chris Harris and car reviewer Rory Reid.

"I'm giddy with excitement to be joining Chris and the team," said Jordan.

"Cars are in my DNA and although I've been fortunate enough to accomplish most things I ever aspired to in motorsport, presenting Top Gear is quite simply the icing on the cake."

Jordan acted as a pundit for the BBC's Formula 1 coverage from 2009-2015, but the BBC terminated its deal over the winter, with Channel 4 taking free-to-air rights for the UK.

David Coulthard has been announced as the first member of Channel 4's on-screen line-up, though former BBC host Suzi Perry recently ruled out following him to the company.

See our F1 related articles too!