FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
By Marco
I've been looking for a cheap Sat Nav system for the car. Having gotten lost in London last weekend I decided to finally invest in a Navman ICN 520 - retails for around £250-£300.

The box looks good, contents well presented and the system itself looks rather neat. It comes with two disks (maps and installation), USB wire, charger and window fixings (which is well designed compared with other fixings i've seen).

The device itself has an inbuilt GPS receiver which flips up when in use, touch screen, voice alerts and POI (points of interest). I wasted no time using the device, just two screens seperate you from GPS navigation. The system has a number of options, all very straight forward to set-up - great for anyone with an ounce of common sense.

On my first test run the device picked up a signal within about 25 seconds, and the directions were good - it even knew which side of the street the house was on.

I synced the device with the pc on returning home, checked for updates, flashed the memory and then uploaded some POIs, including speed camera locations etc.

So a nice quick summary, overall the device is efficient and easy to use. I'll see just how good the system is, and it's maps, on a longer trip next week.

See our F1 related articles too!