FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
By simac
A nice relaxing time in Scotland for me in a little tiny place between Dumfries and Castle Douglas. Time goes slowly and nothing happens there which suits me fine after the madness at home and work.

We can be there in a couple of hours, I hate spending half my holiday travelling !

Plus I can pay another visit to the DC museum now that it's reopened !
By Stephen
Why did it close? I'm off to Malaysia myself, can't wait! :D
By simac
You probably know that it was run by Lyndsay, DC's sister. Well, she now works for Raikenen Racing (yeah, I can't spell Kimi's surname LMAO) it's a team which Kimi has some financial involvement with IIRC.

This meant that there was no one else to run the museum who had a good level of trust with the Coulthard's, that is until Wendy came along. She started to open it at weekends on a voluntary basis and has now left her job and runs the museum full time.

I went there a couple of times last year and found it closed which was really sad, but now it seems to be back on track :D and i've promised my son that i'll take him there. He seems to know what I mean although he isn't quite 2 years old yet he watches the GP's with me LOL

How long are you going to Malaysia for ? you'll need the sun cream LMAO
By darwin dali
I personally find it strange to have a museum of a living person. A person mind you who hasn't achieved anything special. One definition of a museum is: a depository for collecting and displaying objects having scientific or historical or artistic value. Scientific? Nope! Historical? Not really! Artistic? I doubt that cubehead is an accomplished painter or sculpturer!
By simac
Is your head the perfect shape then ? I doubt it :lol:

DC is one of the rare sportmen that really appreciates his fans and the support they have given him through the years, during high and low times. I have met him and he will take the time for a quick chat and autographs no problem.

Having the museum where fans can go and view trophies he has won over the years and cars he has raced from his first go cart right up to modern day forumla 1 cars is almost unique. Where else can you go and view so many articles from a forumla 1 drivers career ? why lock them away never to be seen again ?

How many people have admired Schummi's trophies ? there is probably only enough space in the room for him and his ego :lol:

For a number of years now there has only been MS who is more successful than DC out of the current drivers. DC is the forth highest scoring driver ever and the highest scoring brit - surely that is an achievement.

Anyway, they have a merc formula one engine on display, how can you say that isn't scientific LOL !

Have a look at the site and you might see the light :lol:http://www.davidcoulthardmuseum.co.uk
By darwin dali
He's not even an F1 world champion, not once!
An engine is a technological engineering achievement, not exactly scientific.

Sure, I can appreciate what he's doing for the fans and all. Just the idea of a museum strikes me as odd. Maybe call it an exhibit(ion)? Hm, DC as an exhibitionist, now THAT's an achievement... :D
By Stephen
Back on-topic :D I'm in Malaysia for two weeks, LangKawi for first, then Kuala Lumpur. Will look out for the circuit as I land, I understand its under the flightpath! :)

It's gonna be the first time I meet the girlfriends relatives too - so it should be interesting! :P
By darwin dali
Enjoy it you dog! Been there myself - frigging hot and humid. Tip: Leave your pot at home or you're gonna enjoy KL for a looooong time :twisted:

See our F1 related articles too!