FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
Hi there Elfie, how are you? Your English I must say has improved amazingly since I first knew you. It's been a few years now since I visited Turkey, I'm starting to get withdrawal symptoms. :)
Hi there Elfie, how are you? Your English I must say has improved amazingly since I first knew you. It's been a few years now since I visited Turkey, I'm starting to get withdrawal symptoms. :)

Good to hear that :thumbup: You need to visit again soon :D I'm fine,I have been busy with midterms,hope you're doing good :)
...You need to visit again soon :D I'm fine,I have been busy with midterms,hope you're doing good :)

Ciaooo!! And, YOU need to visit us, more often!!
Let us know how your mid-terms went!!
((personally, I HATE exams!! :banghead: ))

Good to hear that :thumbup: You need to visit again soon :D I'm fine,I have been busy with midterms,hope you're doing good :)

Can't make it this year as too much travel already planned, but maybe the year after. Would like to go from Istanbul along the Black Sea using some ferries and some hire cars. Good luck with the work, I'm sure you'll be fine. :)
It's so good to know that I will never have to endure another exam for as long as I live. I always thought the idea of exams was flawed in so much that they are more of a memory test rather than anything of any real use.
It's so good to know that I will never have to endure another exam for as long as I live. I always thought the idea of exams was flawed in so much that they are more of a memory test rather than anything of any real use.

:yes:

Unfortunately, some subjects/things are easier to mark/evaluate in a multiple choice format.
I'd rather write a 10-page essay than a two-hour exam!!
I really don't understand the logic of multiple choice exams, all that proves is that you are lucky/unlucky, a student can get 100% without actually knowing anything.
I really don't understand the logic of multiple choice exams, all that proves is that you are lucky/unlucky, a student can get 100% without actually knowing anything.

The probability of that would be 0.25^100 (assuming 100 questions with 4 choices each). And that's a very small number :eek:

The probability of that would be 0.25^100 (assuming 100 questions with 4 choices each). And that's a very small number :eek:

I know that its unlikely, but it could happen, every student has a 1 in 4 chance of getting each question correct, it does not prove knowledge. I did this in my driving theory test in the US, half of the answers I guessed, I didn't know the answers, although I did make an educated guess rather than a shot in the dark and scored 92%.

The odds of Vettel/Ferrari winning in Malaysia were also very small.
And, we all know how that turned out! :P

I disagree - the writing was on the wall and that's why I picked them in the pool game :P

I disagree - the writing was on the wall and that's why I picked them in the pool game :P

You probably had a 1 in 4 chance and got it right!! :clap:
To pick the winner out of 19 starting drivers, it would be 1/19th. Now for getting the first 4 right, we're looking at 1/19*1/18*1/17*1/16=0.00001075 or 1 in 100,000!
To pick the winner out of 19 starting drivers, it would be 1/19th. Now for getting the first 4 right, we're looking at 1/19*1/18*1/17*1/16=0.00001075 or 1 in 100,000!

:yikes: Wanna write a multiple choice exam?? :twisted:

p.s. When you found out you had that first four, did you think:
:kneel:

Can't make it this year as too much travel already planned, but maybe the year after. Would like to go from Istanbul along the Black Sea using some ferries and some hire cars. Good luck with the work, I'm sure you'll be fine. :)

What a pity :( But it's a good idea to visit Black Sea because there are a lot of beautiful places to see ,I really want to go to Northeast again ,i haven't gone there since 09

...You need to visit again soon :D I'm fine,I have been busy with midterms,hope you're doing good :)

Ciaooo!! And, YOU need to visit us, more often!!
Let us know how your mid-terms went!!
((personally, I HATE exams!! :banghead: ))

Thanks,I'm done with them now :) I agree, this is why I'm planning to visit here more often and read more about F1 ,last year I had to stay away from almost everything I liked ,so I feel like I've forgotten part of my F1 knowledge

See our F1 related articles too!