FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
By sagi58
 wrote:">Three Dog Night keyboardist Jimmy Greenspoon dies

Jimmy Greenspoon, the keyboardist for rock band Three Dog Night, has died. He was 67.

Greenspoon's agent, Chris Burke, said he died Wednesday of cancer at his home in North Potomac, Maryland, surrounded by his family.

The keyboardist joined the rock band in 1968 and had been working with them until last October, when he took a medical leave of absence to pursue treatment for metastatic melanoma.

"He was like a brother to me," Three Dog Night co-founder and vocalist Danny Hutton said in a statement. "I knew him since he was just a teenager, and he was my oldest friend in the band. Also, Jimmy was a critical part of our early history, bringing a sound to the band that helped develop our style; he left an indelible mark."

The group is best known for its 1960s and 1970s hits "Joy to the World," ''Mama Told Me (Not to Come)" and "Black and White." Throughout his career, Greenspoon also performed with artists like Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix and the Beach Boys.

"I will be forever shattered by his death," band co-founder and vocalist Cory Wells said. "Jimmy cared so much about excellence in the music and always made sure we had what we needed on stage and in the recording studio. I was amazed by his photographic memory, his love for music."

Greenspoon is survived by his wife, Susie, daughter, Heather Miller, and two granddaughters.
By sagi58
Some of my favourites:

[youtube]/xnyh6i9NvmE[/youtube]

[youtube]/AM7zb5FMmLM[/youtube]

[youtube]/bxOvEVwJN8U[/youtube]

See our F1 related articles too!