FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
By madbrad
The question put more accurately is "what place am I thinking of?"
By sagi58
...Where is the world's oldest known temple complete with architectural monuments...
Since I literally translated "temple" to mean any place of worship, I was kinda thinking along the lines of Stonehenge...
until you reponded it was in one of these countries:
Probably in Mesopotamia, i.e., Iraq, Syria, Southern Turkey...
Also, Stonehenge wasn't around...
...some 10000 years ago.
By overboost
...Where is the world's oldest known temple complete with architectural monuments...
Since I literally translated "temple" to mean any place of worship, I was kinda thinking along the lines of Stonehenge...
until you reponded it was in one of these countries:
Probably in Mesopotamia, i.e., Iraq, Syria, Southern Turkey...
Also, Stonehenge wasn't around...
...some 10000 years ago.

Yes, monuments arranged in circular forms somewhat along the lines of Stonehenge.

Hint - in the time period that these structures were first constructed England was an unpopulated treeless tundra, Scotland was covered in ice.
By overboost
Seeing that darwin dali was just 2000 years off but so close on the location we can declare a winner!

The location is Gobleki Tepe in Southeastern Turkey near Urfa and is approximately 12000 years old, built by a previously unknown civilization.

http://www.philipcoppens.com/gobekli.html

http://www.redicecreations.com/article.php?id=25495
By CookinFlat6
I should have trusted my instincts and not believed someones data who claims teams developed their engines in the V8 era. Surprise surprise same story as your other ""data sources"" dating back to 2009 (6 yars ago) and my fragment of memory was based on new info - carbon dating from 2013 (2 years ago)

Anyway I demand this competition be re judged and that I am declared the winner (again) without prejudice and the records changed to show I was right :hehe:

I said Serbia, well it was Bosnia part of which was regarded as Serbian recently. In Bosnia radio dating discovered pyramid 20,000 years old, like in Egypt with correct astronomical alignment therefore similarly indicating a place of sun worship - a temple

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/358139-5-mysterious-ruins-that-predate-known-civilization/

1. Bosnian Pyramid Oldest in World: 25,000 Years Old

Carbon dating shows the Bosnian Pyramid is 25,000 years old.

Two Italian archaeologists, Dr. Ricarrdo Brett and Niccolo Bisconti, found a piece of organic material on the pyramid last year. They were able to carbon-date the material, and with it, the pyramid itself. This carbon dating places the pyramid 20,000 years before the Sumerian and Babylonian civilizations, believed to be some of the earliest in the world.

When the Bosnian Pyramid was first discovered in 2005, researchers could only measure the age of the topsoil covering the pyramid, which is about 12,000 years old.

Dr. Semir Osmanagich, a researcher working on the Bosnian Pyramid told NTD Television last year: “The organic materials found on the Sun Pyramid and biological analysis are telling us that the pyramids are older than 12,500 years—the oldest on the planet.”

:yikes:

:rolleyes:
By darwin dali
The Bosnian pyramids are a pseudo-archaeological[1] claim promoted by author Semir Osmanagić, that a cluster of natural hills in central Bosnia and Herzegovina are the largest human-made ancient pyramids on Earth. The hills are located near the town of Visoko, northwest of Sarajevo. Visočica hill, where the old town of Visoki was once sited, became the focus of international attention in October 2005, following a news-media campaign by Osmanagić and his supporters.

Osmanagić states that he has found tunnels, stone blocks and ancient mortar, which he has suggested once covered the Visočica structure. He opened excavations in 2006 which have reshaped the hill, making it look like a stepped pyramid.[2][3]
Geologists, archeologists and other scientists have however concluded, after analysis of the site, its known history, and the excavations, that the hills are natural formations known as flatirons[4] and that there are no signs of human construction involved.[5][6][7] The European Association of Archaeologists released a statement calling the pyramid hypothesis a "cruel hoax".[8]
By CookinFlat6
And what about the reported perfect alignment North? and the carbon dated material found there? All we have are evidence and claims and counter claims. I would need to see th proof that the reported evidence does not exist, because if it does then thats enough for me above the claims of 2 Americans who have probably never been there claiming its just a faltiron formation. Have we seen any American flatrons as precise and as obviously made of stone as that picture?, if so heres the picture?

Maybe natural formations somehow end up precisely aligned due North, again wheres the American one that is? Nah I like to make my own mind based on what I can find, 600 years ago I wouldnt have believe the Earth was flat unless I fell off it

Also the competition still needs to be null and voided as a trivia is a fact than cannot be disputed, like I said at the start

thats 2 questions and is hardly trivia when its not a fact and is open to interpretation. Different people will have different answers. Architectural monument? what does that even mean? do you mean surviving human made feature? Whose definition of temple?

Whats hard to understand about Trivia.Fact - trivial - not a matter of life and death, fact - proven undisputed fact

So I need to declared the winner, unless ofcourse anyone has some evidence we could look at, like a flat iron as precise as this, or proof the carbon dated stuff wasn't around there, or - best of all that its not made of stone
By darwin dali
No, science doesn't work that way cookie.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence," said Curtis Runnels, an archaeologist at Boston University in Massachusetts and a Balkan prehistory expert.

He says the known Upper Paleolithic peoples in the region were lucky if they could build tents and fires. Monumental architecture on a scale not even seen in Egypt would be a cosmic leap forward.

"It is not up to professional archaeologists to explain 200 years of research and evidence," Runnels said. "It is up to Mr. Osmanagic to prove his claims."

So far he hasn't done that and hence, his claims (and by proxy yours) are not accepted by the scientific community.
By overboost
I should have trusted my instincts and not believed someones data who claims teams developed their engines in the V8 era. Surprise surprise same story as your other ""data sources"" dating back to 2009 (6 yars ago) and my fragment of memory was based on new info - carbon dating from 2013 (2 years ago)

Anyway I demand this competition be re judged and that I am declared the winner (again) without prejudice and the records changed to show I was right :hehe:

I said Serbia, well it was Bosnia part of which was regarded as Serbian recently. In Bosnia radio dating discovered pyramid 20,000 years old, like in Egypt with correct astronomical alignment therefore similarly indicating a place of sun worship - a temple

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/358139-5-mysterious-ruins-that-predate-known-civilization/

1. Bosnian Pyramid Oldest in World: 25,000 Years Old

Carbon dating shows the Bosnian Pyramid is 25,000 years old.

Two Italian archaeologists, Dr. Ricarrdo Brett and Niccolo Bisconti, found a piece of organic material on the pyramid last year. They were able to carbon-date the material, and with it, the pyramid itself. This carbon dating places the pyramid 20,000 years before the Sumerian and Babylonian civilizations, believed to be some of the earliest in the world.

When the Bosnian Pyramid was first discovered in 2005, researchers could only measure the age of the topsoil covering the pyramid, which is about 12,000 years old.

Dr. Semir Osmanagich, a researcher working on the Bosnian Pyramid told NTD Television last year: “The organic materials found on the Sun Pyramid and biological analysis are telling us that the pyramids are older than 12,500 years—the oldest on the planet.”

:yikes:

:rolleyes:

cookin your 'instincts' obviously must mislead you (often) as this claim has been described as a hoax. It is just a hill! :rolleyes:

So no prize for you. :wink:

As well here is a quote from your Dr. Osmanagich - "One of the project goals was to complete excavations by 2012". This is in order to "break a cloud of negative energy, allowing the Earth to receive cosmic energy from the centre of the galaxy", according to Osmanagić.

Is he a friend of yours cookin??!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosnian_pyramid_claims

Anyway read up on Gobleki Tepe it is interesting, and real.

ps. Why do you persist in this delusion about my belief in Schumacher testing v6 engines?? Are you ok?
By darwin dali
She won 3 consecutive Olympic gold medals, 10 consecutive world championships and 11 European championships. What was special about the Olympic titles?
By darwin dali
She was a he at the time?

Good one, but I don't think she got Bruce Jennered. In fact, she gave birth to a son in 1979 and didn't compete during the 1978/79 season.
By CookinFlat6
Its a tough one, although the story appears familiar, its evasive. Martina Navratilova? - Tennis doesnt really do Olymics and Euro championships - Obviously a european woman. Could be a boxer, or an equestrian, the 3 Olmypics suggests a retirement or injury and a subsequent return. The amount of trophies suggests someone who dominated the sport for more than a decade - so the sport isnt sprinting.

Could be a British athletics star like Tessa Sanderson, but I dont recall any Brit ever had that level of success :irked:

Could it be the female half or Torvil and Dean?
By overboost
A Norwegian cross country skier?
By darwin dali
Its a tough one, although the story appears familiar, its evasive. Martina Navratilova? - Tennis doesnt really do Olymics and Euro championships - Obviously a european woman. Could be a boxer, or an equestrian, the 3 Olmypics suggests a retirement or injury and a subsequent return. The amount of trophies suggests someone who dominated the sport for more than a decade - so the sport isnt sprinting.

Could be a British athletics star like Tessa Sanderson, but I dont recall any Brit ever had that level of success :irked:

Could it be the female half or Torvil and Dean?

The last question you asked is going in the right direction :thumbup:

See our F1 related articles too!