By sagi58
Until you said:
C'mon guys - gimme a place!

I was thinking Karl Marx...
Guess not!!
By overboost
East Germany?
By vaptin
Russian federation and the Weimar republic is throwing me out.

Rhineland? Though Russian Federation doesn't seem to fit.
By CookinFlat6
Baltic, Bohemia or Barbarian

Whenever Germany and Soviet/Russia are involved Poland is normally a good bet - especially Teutons, Danzig but Weimar? only thing they did was the Bauhaus
By CookinFlat6
Ok ok, o this place has been sacked by each of those armies - gotta be in Poland - Prussian -Kant - Heildlberg, Nietsche - Weimar - Shoepenhauser - Lithuania - all leads back to that much disputed bit of Poland - Danzig Gdansk, cant be St Petersburgh
By sagi58
It's a good-sized city famous for a philosopher.

So... I wasn't all that far off the mark, eh? :thumbup:
By darwin dali
Ok ok, o this place has been sacked by each of those armies - gotta be in Poland - Prussian -Kant - Heildlberg, Nietsche - Weimar - Shoepenhauser - Lithuania - all leads back to that much disputed bit of Poland - Danzig Gdansk, cant be St Petersburgh

You're close.
By darwin dali
The philosopher has been mentioned, so simply come up with his hometown and you're golden :thumbup:
By CookinFlat6
Id have to look it up. From memory
Nietcshe isnt Prussian and is associated with Weimar or Bavaria
Kant is Koningsberg or Heidelburg - one of those university castle towns, mind you Koninsberg has military connections with Russians and Prussians and maybe the Tuetonic Knights
Shoepenhauser is the one I put my money on as he was from Silesia or Danzig or a Baltic town like Vilnius

Ok so its famous for been Shoepenhausers hometown, and its near Danzig or Gdansk or what its called nowadays.

Hold on its probably some mythical city like Krist that the Nazis pretended to get the ancient Aryan civilisation (except it actually was in India :hehe: ) and the Teutonic Knights may have been involved, and Weimar republic mad some film about it
By darwin dali
With all your dancing around, you hit it: Kant's hometown Königsberg aka Kaliningrad.
By CookinFlat6
yeesssss!!!! I knew it - Heidleburg/Koenisburg - that was a real Kant of a puzzle :hehe:
Heres a 2 part Wittgenstein of a puzzle
Ok, What do these F1 drivers have in common? The first part for 7 points

Hamilton
Rosberg
Hakinnen
Prost
Piquet
Hunt
Stewart
Hawthorn

Part 2 for 3 points
Scale = Total number of races in F1 career taken by a driver to get 9 podiums
Which 2 drivers are at the opposite end of this remarkable scale and of what magnitude is the difference (eg, is the last place 2x,3x as much as 1st place)
1 point for each driver and the difference
Last edited by CookinFlat6 on 21 Feb 15, 00:45, edited 1 time in total.
By overboost
yeesssss!!!! I knew it - Heidleburg/Koenisburg - that was a real Kant of a puzzle :hehe:

Ok, What do these F1 drivers have in common? for 7 points

Hamilton
Rosberg
Hakinnen
Prost
Piquet
Hunt
Stewart
Hawthorn

Bonus task for 3 points
Scale = Total number of races in F1 career taken by a driver to get 9 podiums
Which 2 drivers are at the opposite end of this remarkable scale and of what magnitude is the difference (eg, is the last place 2x,3x as much as 1st place)
1 point for each driver and the difference

Were these drivers who have won a wdc while failing to win the wcc?

See our F1 related articles too!