FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
By CookinFlat6
Ignorance, prejudice, conservatism, snobbery, the need to conform, dismissal of diversity, rude people, idiocy, dogma, organised religion, time wasters, and generally people who make other people unhappy.

Conservatism? Really? You want to get all political up in here? You should add capitalism and certain nations foreign policy and how they like to try and start phoney wars to your list.

The human race irritates me.

He put conservatism with a lower case "c", that usually refers to the mentality/mindset rather than the political party. E.g. conservative, as in traditional, not being prepared to change etc.

Very telling when the word conservative is assumed to be the recent noun instead of the much older adjective

Reminds me of those who say things like 'Why is that girl Mercedes named after the car'

A conservative Conservative is just as backward as a conservative Liberal or a conservative person IMO
By elfinitty
SOUND OF ZIPPER.AND THE FEELING WHEN MY NAILS TOUCH IT.END OF.

Honestly,since I've known myself I shiver when I hear someone closing or opening a zipper fast or when my nail touches it.
By racechick

Honestly,since I've known myself I shiver when I hear someone closing or opening a zipper fast or when my nail touches it.

Really? I wonder why that is? I can understand a bit. I can't bear the thought of nails on a blackboard, or sometimes the feel of newspaper. I have to lick my fingers before touching newspaper......are zips a bit like that?
By elfinitty

Really? I wonder why that is? I can understand a bit. I can't bear the thought of nails on a blackboard, or sometimes the feel of newspaper. I have to lick my fingers before touching newspaper......are zips a bit like that?

I think they give similar feelings.I also don't like the sound I hear when someone touches the blackboard with nails but zipper is worse than everything.I still don't know why it irritates me this much but I guess I don't like touching stuff that are serrated.
Lizard Squad being called hackers. DDoS attacks are not hacking.

They have control of the hundreds of computers globally so they did hack those. Malware is a tool used by hackers.
By andrew
Lizard Squad being called hackers. DDoS attacks are not hacking.

They have control of the hundreds of computers globally so they did hack those. Malware is a tool used by hackers.

There was no hacking involed and they did not have control of hundreds of computers. All they did was swamp XBL and PSN with spoof connections to the point where both networks couldn't cope and had to be shut down.
Those spoof connections aren't sent from one machine, or ten, or thirty, it is a mass effect since the claims are 1.2 terabits per second of data flooded the gaming networks. They had access to something more than what you'd be imagining took place.
By CookinFlat6
There is always an Element of hacking required in Ddos attacks to breach flood controls at ISP level

Anything that requires a script or code is hacking as hacking means rewriting or replacing or modifying some code somewhere
By darwin dali
When stick thin people on buses take up two seats because they are selfish....people...without being Mr Profanity ;)

Stop riding the bus and go for the fat cab :wink:
By stonemonkey
When stick thin people on buses take up two seats because they are selfish....people...without being Mr Profanity ;)

I got on the bus after a dusty day at work and all seats were taken except for 2 guys talking to each other, each with a double seat with their jackets sitting next to them. I said excuse me but was completely ignored so i sat on his jacket which was left covered in stone dust when i got up.

This current vote for 80% of Edinburgh's streets to become 20mph limit is really irritating me. Its only going to make stupid pedestrians walk out in front of traffic even more.
By sagi58
...This current vote for 80% of Edinburgh's streets to become 20mph limit is really irritating me. Its only going to make stupid pedestrians walk out in front of traffic even more.

We've been at that speed (35km/hr) on a lot of our streets here!
What's worse than the pedestrians is some of the bike riders who think they own the road!
By stonemonkey
Its a stupidly slow speed, it's been common up till now to see a variable limit near schools when it's normally 30 but reduced to 20 at school start/finish times which i dont have a problem with. The thing I do have a problem with is the people who have no idea how to cross a road safely which is the root of the problem and isnt being addressed but will be made worse by these changes. there may be a small reduction in injuries due to this but there is going to be an increase in instances of drivers having to brake for stupid pedestrians.

Also, what gear are you meant to drive in at 20mph, i'll be going between 2nd and 3rd all the time which is going to suck for fuel economy and the environment.

See our F1 related articles too!