FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
By darwin dali
You tell them WB :thumbup:

Imagine if capital gains were taxed at the same rate as earned income? Or corporations actually paid taxes? Back during the FDR administration, corporate tax accounted for 36~38% of the federal budget. Today it accounts for somewhere around 15%

Then imagine if social security was paid by people earning more than $117k a year? We for some mysterious reason stop collecting social security tax after someone earns $117k. If that was extended, to say, just $250k it would immediately make social security solvent till 2045, doing absolutely nothing else.

Go figure.

:yes: Why even cap the social security payroll at all? Scrap the cap! With no cap, I'm convinced SS and Disability would be secure for the longterm.
By sagi58
... :yes: Why even cap the social security payroll at all? Scrap the cap! With no cap, I'm convinced SS and Disability would be secure for the longterm.

There should be a cap on taxes, either! An across the board percentage works more equitably.
Expenses are another issue, altogether, since those making more can write off a wider variety!!
By darwin dali
... :yes: Why even cap the social security payroll at all? Scrap the cap! With no cap, I'm convinced SS and Disability would be secure for the longterm.

There should be a cap on taxes, either! An across the board percentage works more equitably.
Expenses are another issue, altogether, since those making more can write off a wider variety!!

Uh, no - taxes need to be progressive to make it fair. 15% of a very small income is much more painful than 15% of a big income even if in absolute values the former is much smaller.
By sagi58

Uh, no - taxes need to be progressive to make it fair. 15% of a very small income is much more painful than 15% of a big income even if in absolute values the former is much smaller.

Too true...
Let me know when you run in Canada and I'll Image for you!! :D
By darwin dali

Too true...

When I'm in Canada, I usually drive :P
Gonna be in your neck of the woods next summer.
By sagi58

Too true...

It's one helluva neck!! If you don't like to read maps,
have you got a GPS?
By darwin dali

Too true...

have you got a GPS?

Yes, plus it's not my first time in the loft apartment :hehe:
By CookinFlat6
Touching the thread topic for a moment - as the next part of the interest rate cycle is upwards, the average US citizen will soon get intimately acquainted with the big bad brother of sub prime disaster - yup, the personal credit cherry will be getting its passage ripped apart at a location convenient for all real soon. Because this is the weakest link in the Ponzi scheme that is the debt situation of the US- the pros can keep passing the buck, but the choice between austerity vs default in a broken production chain could be interesting :hooli-popcorn:
By sagi58

have you got a GPS?

Loft?
By darwin dali

have you got a GPS?

Loft?

[youtube]Rsqcokevi2A[/youtube]
By sagi58
:rofl::clap:

Love Robin Williams!!
But, I hadn't heard that one!! :hehe:

p.s. point of interest, the Loonie is so called because of this beautiful
creature, who happens to be Ontario's aves symbol!!

[youtube]RNH62PyZBA0[/youtube]
By darwin dali
:rofl: :clap:

Love Robin Williams!!
But, I hadn't heard that one!! :hehe:

p.s. point of interest, the Loonie is so called because of this beautiful
creature, who happens to be Ontario's aves symbol!!

[youtube]RNH62PyZBA0[/youtube]

Yeah, sounds like you :P
By What's Burning?
I forgot what the point of this thread was with all the looney talk, but it serves as a stark reminder of what happens to highly specialized species. They're just not very adaptable.

[youtube]Kq-tGVPKMTY[/youtube]
By sagi58
Judging a book by its cover isn't always the wisest course of action. :thumbup:

See our F1 related articles too!