FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
By racechick
:yikes: you don't celebrate Christams!! Oh Hammer!

RC - you realise quite a large population of the world do not celebrate Christmas...?

But it's the best day ever!! It's so exciting!
By sagi58
I buy all sorts of things on-line... almost daily!!

One idea is to have a separate credit card, with a limit for online shopping,
that way IF there are issues with it, there's a max, until it gets sorted out.

I've had issues with packages not showing up or arriving damaged, one call to the
customer service of the company got me credits and products shipped out at no
cost to me. Mind you, if you spend "enough" most sites offer free shipping.
By Hammer278
My worry about internet shopping is I've never done it. Firstly I have a phobia putting my credit card details online (except for flight bookings) and another phobia of my product being damaged/lost on the way and all the bother in tracking it.

As for Christmas I don't really celebrate it, but an aunt does so I look forward to going over there and eating her insanely good (fattening) home cooked food.

:yikes: you don't celebrate Christams!! Oh Hammer! I want to take you under my wing and show you a really good Christmas. Insane food. Decadent drinking, starting with champagne breakfast, packed FULL Santa sacks. He still comes to my house, but not till you've gone to bed! :wink:

I'd love to experience it RC! It does look fun with the Christmas tree, presents, all the food, the Santa bit at night and all. And then a snowball fight later on? :D
By racechick
My worry about internet shopping is I've never done it. Firstly I have a phobia putting my credit card details online (except for flight bookings) and another phobia of my product being damaged/lost on the way and all the bother in tracking it.

As for Christmas I don't really celebrate it, but an aunt does so I look forward to going over there and eating her insanely good (fattening) home cooked food.

:yikes: you don't celebrate Christams!! Oh Hammer! I want to take you under my wing and show you a really good Christmas. Insane food. Decadent drinking, starting with champagne breakfast, packed FULL Santa sacks. He still comes to my house, but not till you've gone to bed! :wink:

I'd love to experience it RC! It does look fun with the Christmas tree, presents, all the food, the Santa bit at night and all. And then a snowball fight later on? :D

Ah Yes!! If it snows at Christmas the excitement notches up a level, definitely snowball fights! I have four Christmas trees up. A big artificial one in the hall( red and gold) . A teeny weeny real one in the hall with little glass Angels and tiny White lights. A real one in the atrium, pink and silver and a smallish artificial one in the lounge, white and blue. :D I might take some pictures later.
Lots of food in the freezer already :D and lots of presents already sent to Santa. :thumbup:
By Hammer278
Four Christmas trees?? And thats just in one house - what about your other residences...?

She needs a holiday from all her holidays - stay at home surrounded by Christmas. :hehe:
Four Christmas trees?? And thats just in one house - what about your other residences...?

Why do you think she goes on holiday? Staying at home is a lot of work!
Anyway, I'm an atheist so I celebrate Festivus. However I unwillingly find myself having to participate in the endless consumerism that's used by businesses big and small to make 70% of the annual revenues in the three months of the year that span from mid October through Mid January.
By darwin dali
Anyway, I'm an atheist so I celebrate Festivus. However I unwillingly find myself having to participate in the endless consumerism that's used by businesses big and small to make 70% of the annual revenues in the three months of the year that span from mid October through Mid January.

:yes::yes:
By darwin dali

packed FULL Santa sacks. He still comes to my house, but not till you've gone to bed! :wink:

Ho, ho, hooooooo! :fatherchristmas: Full sacks and he's packing :hehe:
By Hammer278

I actually like it. Can't fault businesses for milking the occasion, but the malls here are usually decorated to the hilt and look very nice during this season.

What I don't like very much is how Valentines is marketed. It's like a complete turnaround from what the day REALLY is about in order to sell a bunch of weeds and flowers at 15x the actual price to celebrate coitus.

Yes I just said coitus. :yikes::yikes::yikes:
By darwin dali

I actually like it. Can't fault businesses for milking the occasion, but the malls here are usually decorated to the hilt and look very nice during this season.

What I don't like very much is how Valentines is marketed. It's like a complete turnaround from what the day REALLY is about in order to sell a bunch of weeds and flowers at 15x the actual price to celebrate coitus.

Yes I just said coitus. :yikes::yikes::yikes:

Ah, c'mon - once a year you can be a bit generous with your whores!
Yes, I just said whores :yikes::yikes::yikes:
:D

See our F1 related articles too!