FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
By racechick
Yes. Today apparently is world toilet day. I couldn't let such an opportunity pass by without sharing some of my toilet adventures with you. So here we go............

They say the Brits obsess about toilets, in fact they aren't great with bodily functions generally; messy, inconvenient, best not talked about. I'm a classic case. I don't like asking where the toilets are and hate looking for public toilets. My friend is worse, she won't sit on the seat of public toilets, she hovers. Well sod's law, I seem to end up having 'issues' with toilets and I've decided since its world toilet day, to share some of my experiences with you.

I’ll start with the simple error anyone could make....that of going in the wrong one. Finding the correct toilet is a complicated procedure these days, when owners of toilets seem to delight in causing confusion. I can never remember whether it’s the circle with the cross, or the circle with arrow, and always have to go back and ask friends about that one, or lurk around watching where other people go. Then there are hat pictures, shoe pictures and pictures resembling nothing at all. If abroad, there is also the language issue to contend with. So this is an exercise fraught with danger from the outset. On this particular occasion, I hadn’t given it much thought, other things on my mind; so it wasn’t until I left the cubicle and saw a man doing his business in what I’d thought was the drinking fountain, that I realised something was amiss. One of us was obviously in the wrong place. It was me!This dawned with horror when I became aware that the device on the wall was clearly not a drinking fountain. What do you do in such a situation? The natural inclination, to give a little smile and wave, as if this was the most normal everyday occurance, was quickly rejected. What if he tried to wave back? His hands were busy directing into the drinking fountain. I didn't want him to take his eye of the ball, so to speak; that could end in disaster. And where do you look in circumstances such as this? As soon as that thought entered my head, my eyes were drawn to the thing in his hand........and he’d seen me looking! And he knew, I knew, he’d seen me looking. At this point I abandoned all attempts at rescuing the situation, fled the toilets, grabbed belongings and fled the premises swiftly.

Look out for more toilet experiences with Racechick in the future, to include, 'China toilets', 'Holes in the ground', 'Silverstone toilets', 'Clever toilets'.
By stonemonkey
Good thing you weren't thirsty when you went in, that may have got some funny looks from someone coming in behind you.
By What's Burning?
Whenever I walk into a woman's public rest room, I assume they're the ones that made the mistake.

Anyway, speaking of toilets, one of their unsung benefits is the ability to flush down month old curdled milk or whatever else science experiment you forget in the back of the refrigerator.
By stonemonkey
Whenever I walk into a woman's public rest room, I assume they're the ones that made the mistake.

Anyway, speaking of toilets, one of their unsung benefits is the ability to flush down month old curdled milk or whatever else science experiment you forget in the back of the refrigerator.

Your science experiment just reminded me of something.

I was at my parents, sitting watching tv with my dad when my mum came in with a worried look on her face, asking me if I'd been to the toilet recently and i said maybe half an hour ago. So she starts going on at me that i should really go and see the doctor and i had no idea what she was on about. When she left the room my dad, quite sheepishly, said he'd been working on his trainset and had gone to clean the rails with steel wool only to discover the rails were live and the steel wool burst into flames so he ran to the bathroom and chucked the burning steel wool down the toilet. Which my mum found and thought i'd done.
By sagi58
Good thing you weren't thirsty when you went in, that may have got some funny looks from someone coming in behind you.

:rofl:
I'm sure you didn't mean that literally; but, I couldn't resist drawing attention to that phrase... :blush:
By sagi58
Been here.

Not sure why the phrase "stuck between a rock and a hard place" came to mind, when I saw that!! :hehe:
By elfinitty
Well,I'm really glad the drinking fountain thing didn't cause more awkwardness than that! Also I'm just hearing about World Toilet Day

And there's a weird thing people who have lived in mostly Muslim populated countries come across to when they are in a country that's not like theirs.Maybe some of you have heard about it
By stonemonkey
Well,I'm really glad the drinking fountain thing didn't cause more awkwardness than that! Also I'm just hearing about World Toilet Day

And there's a weird thing people who have lived in mostly Muslim populated countries come across to when they are in a country that's not like theirs.Maybe some of you have heard about it

Non muslims use both hands to eat?
By elfinitty

Non muslims use both hands to eat?

Some Muslims do also.In Turkey many people eat like that for example,using both hands.It's that in majorly Muslim populated countries there is a tap on the toilets,mainly to meet demands of a prayer,but it has also become something to use for cleaning in general
By stonemonkey
Like some sort of bidet?

Edit: though not quite sure how that would be used in prayer.

See our F1 related articles too!