FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
I really can't express just how piss poor Coventry Healthcare is; we pay $530 minus the ACA subsidy and they cover so few medications it's not even funny. Recently I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and the first medication the doctor prescribed is not at all covered, so I would have to pay $830 for that drug, so that one is out of the question, and now my sugar level monitor and strips are also not covered so that's another $110 every 25 days. So bottom line, if you are looking at insurance, stay clear of Coventry Healthcare Bronze Plans, they required prior authorization from a doctor for most medications and even after the doctor has called them, they still deny your claim. To be clear, this is not an ACA issue, it's more of a insurance carrier issue.
OHIP (Ontario Health Insurance Plan) covers the cost of pretty well all necessary medical services (doctor examinations, medical testing, emergency care, hospital care, even emergency dental care).

Most employers also provide Medical/Dental coverage that covers prescriptions, eye glasses, dental services, physio, etc...

Unfortunately, most of our doctors/censored are being pushed towards using generic drugs rather than the originals. This works to reduce costs; but, some of us can't use the generic drugs, as they can be different enough to cause allergic reactions or, at times, not be as effective.
For the drugs we need, generics are not available inside the US because of drug patents and because they are branded, Kansas insurance companies don't cover the drugs.
We're very lucky to have the health care system we do. Sure, we pay for it through our taxes; but, considering
how many times I've had my parents in hospitals and needing care, I'm very appreciative of the system!

See our F1 related articles too!