FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
So, we agree the voters are stupid? I KNEW we'd find common ground.

As proven last week... :twisted:

* sorry, couldn't resist!

LOL(and I'll leave it at that!)

I understand, it's pretty clear we stand on opposite sides of the divide and that is fine... the issue here is Obama blocks this, the house blocks that, which means nothing gets done and it's the average American that suffers, the two sides have lost sight of what is best for America in the war of red and blue.
A little more statistical data showing how the real scam is being played on Americans by the health care industry lobbyist not by the government. The UK's got it pretty good.

That was really interesting info. Thanks for that.
Unfortunately, the following phrase, which I hear a lot is true; "It's cheaper to die than seek healthcare for a major illness". At this time, the USA is a deeply flawed country, tax breaks for the rich and corporations while the average American doesn't earn enough to support themselves or their families because minimum wage is kept well below the cost of living. Obamacare is one shining light, although flawed it has done a lot to help low income families get insured.
Did you see that program with the bloke who lived on minimum wage in america for a month? Long story short he ended up the month 1500 usd in debt.

(It was the same guy who did "supersize me" if that helps anyone who wants to watch it.
Friendly reminder to my American friends that enrollment ends tomorrow, Monday 15 December, for coverage that begins 1 January. Think I read that you get automatically renewed if you have coverage, but I would check that.
Friendly reminder to my American friends that enrollment ends tomorrow, Monday 15 December, for coverage that begins 1 January. Think I read that you get automatically renewed if you have coverage, but I would check that.

That would be correct on all accounts.
I renewed my ACA insurance yesterday and because I am now eligible for the insurance tax credit; we got better coverage + dental coverage for the kids for $90 less than we were paying. I am eligible now because open enrollment for my company insurance doesn't open until August 1, 2015, so technically I already qualified but didn't understand how the system worked, now I have a better understanding and get a $220 per month tax credit, which helps us immensely.
New congress, busy at work. :thumbup:
A Republican bill to change how Obamacare defines a full work-week would:
1) Raise the deficit by $53.2 billion over the next decade.

2)The bill would also leave more Americans uninsured.

3)The bill would change Obamacare to only require employers to cover people who work 40 hours each week. The current bill mandates coverage for those who work 30 hours, a rule that critics say leads to employers cutting hours to stay under the threshold.
I was reading about this yesterday and the typical GOP supporters reaction is "good, these f***ing lazy Liberals need to work harder", when politicians work less than 30 hours a week themselves with full medical coverage and retirement plans. I get into debates with unreasonable Republicans almost daily on Google+*

* I'm not saying that all Republicans are unreasonable.
I was reading about this yesterday and the typical GOP supporters reaction is "good, these f***ing lazy Liberals need to work harder", when politicians work less than 30 hours a week themselves with full medical coverage and retirement plans. I get into debates with unreasonable Republicans almost daily on Google+*

* I'm not saying that all Republicans are unreasonable.

Most of them are these days though :rolleyes:

See our F1 related articles too!