FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
Lol all those golf clowns with their golf clubs think they own the world or smth.

I'm still trying to work out how golf is considered a 'sport'.
They have to be fit to walk to their buggies to be ferried around the course, and ofcourse they need to be fit enough to carry their own clubs in case their caddy faints from exhaustion, when darts becomes an Olympic sport I think we can safely say anything goes :hehe:
This gets better and better

The only logical conclusions to be drawn from Sunday evening in Glasgow are that McIlroy’s failure to endorse his sporting superiority to Lewis Hamilton owed plenty to timing and the inability of a wider audience to understand the scale of his season’s success. McIlroy has every right to be wounded by this result on the simple basis that it was unfair, even if he has far bigger career priorities.

Hamilton’s world championship glory is far more fresh in the mind of the public consciousness than McIlroy’s stunning summer of golf. That spell included back-to-back major triumphs, a World Golf Championship win, the playing of a crucial part of a Ryder Cup success and the march back to No1 in the world, which seemed simply unattainable during a troubled 2013. European golfers don’t enjoy such spells as routine.

Unlike Hamilton, McIlroy didn’t achieve everything he did with a clear competitive advantage over his rivals. Being blunt, and for all Hamilton’s brilliance in his field, the epitome of sport doesn’t relate to gears, tyres and space-centre computer systems which control every move.

Unlike Hamilton, McIlroy also didn’t take a sullen approach to the culmination of his professional year before appearing on the likes of This Morning in a bid to endear himself to a nation where he spends little time in anyway. And speaking of television, the BBC’s continued withdrawal from serious golf coverage unquestionably harmed McIlroy in respect of public awareness. Formula One retains far more of a presence on the terrestrial outlet.

How many excuses and strawmen will we see? so F1 is not a sport, lewis had the best car, the BBC show less golf on Tv, the media bvlitz on calling Rory the favourite wasnt enough

But, get this, a public vote for PERSONALITY of the year cannot be unfair now can it, its not a vote on most talented, or most sporting, or most sportslike, or most popular

its PERSONALITY of the year as decided by the public

Some of these butthurt journos remind me of a couple of members on an internet forum
Overboost voted for the golfer. Once again, our man wins. :cloud9:

EDIT: For what it's worth in the US a sports star would have to beat their girlfriend, or maybe even kill someone in order to get the kinds of h8 that's dished out in the United Kingdom for a certain F1 driver.
Last edited by What's Burning? on 15 Dec 14, 13:21, edited 1 time in total.
Overboost is out campaigning that the public vote was wrong as competition was stiffled by nowt allowing golfers to drive fast race cars and make vroom vroom noises. Hopefully he will only put his energy into this before the deadline for appeals. which was once the public vote was counted :hehe:

Its an uphill struggle thats gonna get vertical in 2015 :hooli-popcorn:
:irked::irked::irked: unbelievable! The public vote for Lewis but it's unfair to the golf player because really he should have won??. WHAT???Im going onTwitter I think!! What were those names? Guardian, that one , and that other twit. I'm on it!
EDIT: For what it's worth in the US a sports star would have to beat their girlfriend, or maybe even kill someone in order to get the kinds of h8 that's dished out in the United Kingdom for a certain F1 driver.

oh, over here a chap is meant to know his place, and its completely bad form to aspire to improve himself or to embarrass his superiors. A guy butting in with the wrong accent or with 3 buttons on his suit jacket when 4 is required, why this guy will bring down the whole place on his head. Murdering ones spouse is just one of those things, as long as you skip out of town to kenya or somewhere, why they could even make you a legend, maybe even name a pub after you (to be fair I am not sure if the Lucan pub i had a drink in was named after the peer)

The press frustration is in realising that we have spawned a generation who aint too interested in the 'way it should be' and are actually a bit more American :yikes: in appreciating a trier
Here's our Lewis' big moment, for anyone who didn't get to see it. And to the whingers and moaners in the media who wanted the golf man 'Tough titty! Lewis won' :D
[youtube]YoGvUAjwXBc&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
Talking about whingers guess who was there and as usual trying to convince people Lewis was beaten??? BRUNDLE, 2 minutes before the result he was tweeting this
“I have a sneaky suspicion I’m sitting behind the winner of RT if you agree…”
and posted a picture of Rory McIlroy.
:rofl: suck on it Brundle! We can see how this year is hurting you! Suzie Perry and Paddy looked really proud of Lewis.
Talking about whingers guess who was there and as usual trying to convince people Lewis was beaten??? BRUNDLE, 2 minutes before the result he was tweeting this
“I have a sneaky suspicion I’m sitting behind the winner of RT if you agree…”
and posted a picture of Rory McIlroy.

To be fair to Brundle, he might've believed in the odds which tipped Rory heavily as well....and probably tried to be a smarta$$ 2 minutes before (he thought) Rory would be announced. I'd think he was more interested in leeching off the event by gaining a bit more followers/recognition as well.

I'm not sure how you feel about Brundle but I really don't think he is against Lewis getting success in F1. The way he commentates during races about Hamilton, he's always either neutral or slightly partial to Lewis, especially when it came to Lewis VS Nico. Also the way he exclaimed "YES!" when Lewis crossed the line 5th in Brazil 2008, it showed genuine enthusiasm at the moment. He might have a sore spot with Lewis rejecting him from being a manager but there are way worse guys out there like that Jackie Stewart person.
he may not be against Lewis getting success, he wasnt at first. Its just that I believe he has an agenda, either his own or for someone that involves creating an impression of lewis in a certain way. unlucky, ready to screw up, impatient and not worthy of the slack afforded to , admittedly select few others

If you listen to his commentary during the Bahrain duel, its amazing how negative his enthusiasm is - his agenda coexisting with his common sense maybe
I think I was too engrossed in the duel to hear Brundle's words. :hehe:

But so far from what I've heard I can't find anything negative about Lewis....on the other hand he shoots roses out of his a$$ for Button but that's his problem. :hehe:
I think Brundle is negative about Lewis and I think he's got even worse. I sometimes feel like kicking him with some of his comments. Never gives him the benefit of any doubt. I can see what you mean Cookie about having an agenda, either that or an intense dislike that he can't hide.
yeah in the middle of the Bahrain duel once Nico seemed to have satyed ahead Brundle was so quick to say 'Lewis will have to wait till the next ...., oh no, he is too impatient for that, i dont think... ah hes got the place back'

such an annoying pratt with his wannabe Murray kingmaker 'gravitas' he truly is a treacherous swine

See our F1 related articles too!