FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
Hey guys,

I haven't been posting much lately but back when Lewis switched from McLaren to Mercedes just like CookinFlat6 and a few others we all expected Lewis to win in 2014, for sure I didn't expect Mercedes to dominate quite as much as they have nor did I expect Rosberg to be so close behind however so far it looks positive for all of us.

I also mentioned something that I was a bit more skeptical of but now that most of the year has been it looks like my prediction has a very very strong chance of being correct.

Who in British sports has been successful this year, who has aced the year, who has had a good year...? I can only think of one and that would be Lewis Hamilton.

Lewis Hamilton for Sports Personality of the Year 2014? He missed out in 2008 even though I think out of the candidates that year Lewis was the most deserving of the award. I think Lewis' chances this year are massively higher than they were in 2008.

Anyone care to disagree?
@RyRy, its a no brainer this year given he has a qualification no other sports person has done IIRC, - assumed a place at the head of the whole history of GP racing - The most successful sportsman in his field can only have a similar level of achievement to compete against, I would say its a 97% done deal on that basis alone, with the other 3% going to the guy who got knocked out in the second round at Wimbledon :hehe:

@Wb, did you mean Cricket? the strategic campaigning game you probably know by the simplified version called baseball :hehe:
RyRy, I ALWAYS vote for Lewis in Sports Personality of the year! :hehe: And I ALWAYS think he should win. :hehe:

But this year he really should :thumbup: No Olympic winners to compete with him this year. No tour de France heroics. No sailing races or canoes or other boaty things we do well at . No hunky Johnny Wilkinson types. Nothing much doing in swimming. football's boring. No outstanding motorbikers or boxers with names that sound like motorbikes. Nope, he should be ok this year!

:yikes: we haven't won anything on sliding discs across ice have we? Or luges? Don't think so.
Jesus, you'd think then with the lackluster year you guys seem to have had, Lewis would be so much more popular over there. :hehe:

From what I hear online, the Cambridge dictionary has a picture of Lewis under the definition of the word whiner. On the other hand, apparently Lewis is very popular with the NASCAR drivers over here.
RyRy, I ALWAYS vote for Lewis in Sports Personality of the year! :hehe: And I ALWAYS think he should win. :hehe:

But this year he really should :thumbup: No Olympic winners to compete with him this year. No tour de France heroics. No sailing races or canoes or other boaty things we do well at . No hunky Johnny Wilkinson types. Nothing much doing in swimming. football's boring. No outstanding motorbikers or boxers with names that sound like motorbikes. Nope, he should be ok this year!

:yikes: we haven't won anything on sliding discs across ice have we? Or luges? Don't think so.

I never vote, but this year I might :D Yeah, this year has been horrendous for British sports with the exception of Formula 1
Thing is cigar man, you are looking at it from the old perspective. Nowaydays watching football is about the quality of the premiership which is at least the 2nd best in the world. No one cares about the national team anymore. Even the players are always skiving off from internationals. The world cup is just a quaint old school competition that doesnt really mean anything. I mean Brazil getting thumped in the final tells you this - they probably sent out their 5th team while the good players were sunning them,selves on the capo cobana (SIC)
I guess Wayne Rooney is out of the question?
You had SO MANY hero's in your World Cup football team, so........oh, wait......never mind........ :wink:

Wayne Rooney! :vomit::yuck:

See our F1 related articles too!