FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...

Private Lounges for engine manufacturers?

Yes
31%
No
62%
Other (Please state fully in your comment)
8%
By Hammer278
Some people just need a secure safehouse to run to when rightfully b!tchslapped for posting utter rubbish in an open forum to mislead others who are participating in the discussion.

I think the right way to approach these poor souls is to have pity. It must be terrible to actually have the ability to shiver behind a keyboard.
By racechick
I have no idea what happens in the lounge regarding moderation, Ive never been told and I don't have access.

I'm there along with WB and of course the big boss as well :yes:

I wasn't asking a question, I was replying to LRW's query.

I was making a comment, hope I wasn't too out of line doing that. :thumbup:

My question was posted a little further back. It was who grants permission to enter the lounge? To whom should one apply if one wants to join? There may be lots of people wanting to join but the application process isn't explained anywhere.

Easiest way is to PM me, ask to join and agree to follow our standards for posting :yes:

It's fine to make a comment. I was just pointing out that I wasn't asking a question but replying to one.

So you're the doorman then? so to speak.
By spankyham
... terrible to actually have the ability to shiver behind a keyboard.

And you'd know that because.......

And just to show how good willed I am to you, here's a blanket to help take your shivers away. :)
By Hammer278
... terrible to actually have the ability to shiver behind a keyboard.

And you'd know that because.......

And just to show how good willed I am to you, here's a blanket to help take your shivers away. :)

I can only imagine your nature behind a keyboard. To utter "It must be terrible to be murdered in your sleep" doesn't mean you need to have experienced it.

We always knew you deserve a C in reading comprehension. And I'm being good willed with my grading. :thumbup:
By CookinFlat6
What concerns me the most is that the only reason for a private lounge must be to protect things that are untrue or misleading ...

So it must be true, all private discussion in the world are to protect things that are untrue or misleading

Since when did all private discussion in the world take place inside a designated public discussion forum :confused:
If someone invited some people for an open debate in the Town hall and then created a private room where there is a different criteria for what is acceptable, and there is censorship about aspects of the truth decided by the host, what do you think people would call him? delusional? ridiculous? jumped up? fascistic? mickey mouse cartoon dictator wannabe? twattish? a dipstick? or all the above

And this coming from someone who lectures on fact based debates :thumbup:

Fact based debates are convergent factual arguments, a discussion forum provides a different divergent debate encompassing logical consistency, factual accuracy and some degree of emotional appeal. The only type of activity in which facts are not needed are fairy tales like algae powered ICE cars
By spankyham
So you're the doorman then? so to speak.

Yep, I can show you in and out :yes:
By spankyham
Fact based debates are convergent factual arguments

So for you, facts include making up total :bs: about what is or isn't said in the lounge

If someone invited some people for an open debate in the Town hall

ROFL, so people don't ever talk quiety to each other in a town hall meeting ..... you are a funny guy

Since when did all private discussion in the world take place inside a designated public discussion forum

I'll tell you what, you prove to everyone here and now that you really believe there should be nothing private here at Forumula1, give me access to all your PMs. Put up or .....

I love the way you just keep ignoring facts. You've been told endlessly anyone can apply to join the Lounge, and anyone is welcome who accepts to discuss anything they like following our standards for posting in the lounge.
By racechick
I think you're missing the point here Spanky. You don't have to apply to use the pm facility, it's freely available to anyone who joins the forum. And it isn't restricted to saying nice things about Ferrari. In fact why not chat Ferrari amongst yourselves on pm? Why the need for a lounge? And it does beg the question, why join a mixed forum if you want to segregate and talk Ferrari? Why not join a Ferrari fan site?
By Jabberwocky
Guys I think we are all making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Mostly what is posted in the Lounge is Ferrari based news and romours.

The only reason it exists is because of the deal that Spanky and Stephen made.

As we all know Ferrari have not been at there best of late, and it is a good place for the news/romours to be posted with out it turning in to the usual "Lewis/Mercedes yay" threads that every thread on the open forum normally decent into.
By CookinFlat6
Guys I think we are all making a mountain out of a mole

As we all know Ferrari have not been at there best of late, and it is a good place for the news/romours to be posted with out it turning in to the usual "Lewis/Mercedes yay" threads that every thread on the open forum normally decent into.

This all started because someone kept referring to discussions inside the private lounge as explanation for something. Let's not forget that simple fact

Why not have some thread that's not about F1, maybe called 'a friendly chat about life between some good internet friends' then that way you will be safe from F1 stuff and Lewis :thumbup:
By Jabberwocky
to be honest I am indifferent to the lounges existence.

You are right it someone's explanation is look in the Lounge that is not right, the info that they are using to back up there post should be in the posted public forum. Most of the information in the lounge has links attached to it's source, so even just a copying that link would suffice IMHO.
By Hammer278
Why don't you have Ferrari lounge open day instead of wanting to see others pm's ?

Oh I really doubt spanked of all people would want all PMs (his included) to be revealed openly in this forum.....trust me. :D
There's Williams yay, there's Hulkenberg yay, there's Ricciardo yay, there's Bottas yay. There's lots of yays. If any group needs a lounge it's Lewis fans with all the he whines, he's not the right color, hes a wannabe rapper, he's dumb, he's got a funny beard, he's wearing earrings, he's a celebrity, his girfriend is a hoe, he's got a stupid haircut, hes got too many fans, he's tweeting team info, he cannot win unless he's in as two second car... I can go on.

Maybe if the Lewis fans had their own lounge there would never be another argument in the forum because there's not going to be idiots in there making idiotic claims cause their rectum is inflamed from hating the guy and his fans so much.
By CookinFlat6
to be honest I am indifferent to the lounges existence.

You are right it someone's explanation is look in the Lounge that is not right, the info that they are using to back up there post should be in the posted public forum. Most of the information in the lounge has links attached to it's source, so even just a copying that link would suffice IMHO.

Full disclosure for those that don't have a MiaScuderia passes, Spanky answered my post in fair but somewhat debatable statements. A lot of is is simply definitions and how we have and do perceive things differently. He even said I was right about a few things.

This was after ages of spanky refusing to answer several questions by at least 2 other members in relation to the outrageous statements and claims he made. In fact all the other 2 members ever got was 'I explained in the lounge'

At least you agree that this is not right, the question is now we know it's wrong something must be done about it or we would not be behaving with integrity

Would have been best had spanky not mentioned it. A bit like luca confirming to the media about the veto and extra money

See our F1 related articles too!